The Potent Nettle Tea Benefits
The benefits of nettle tea have been known for ages. It has a pretty potent list of health benefits. Nettle tea has been used as a natural remedy for the treatment of several ailments, including allergies, kidney issues, urinary tract infections, etc. Nettle tea contains essential vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K. It is also a good source of potassium, essential minerals, iron, and magnesium. It possesses a high concentration of beta carotene that plays a vital role in your eye health. Nettle Tea also contains anti-inflammatory properties and contains antioxidants that play an essential role in our bodies.
Nettle leaf tea benefits are numerous. It is an herbal tea made from the leaves of the nettle plant. It is a gentle diuretic that helps to flush out the toxins from the body.
Moreover, it also helps to filter the blood from the body by flushing away all the excess water and toxins and purifies the blood. (1) It also soothes the urinary tract infection helping the kidney and bladder to work better. These are the numerous health benefits of nettle tea.
Nettle tea Remedy and Usage
There are multiple uses and benefits of nettle tea for allergies. Nettle tea is widely used as an anti-allergy medicine. It works as an antihistamine and helps to treat the symptoms of an allergic reaction. It is also used for the treatment of hay fever which is a common allergic reaction caused by dust or pollen. Nettle tea has been used to reduce allergic symptoms like sneezing and itching. Nettle extracts inhibit prostaglandin and other enzymes that trigger an allergic reaction. Containing anti-inflammatory properties nettle tea, also fights respiratory issues providing relief from sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma, and other respiratory problems. Nettle tea also acts as a decongestant and expectorant that help in treating cough. It may also address cold and many other issues that occur during an allergic reaction. It can also clear the urinary tract(2).
[Also Read: Natural Remedies for Allergies ]
Using Nettle Tea for Hair is an appreciated remedy. Nettle tea has several essential nutrients that are needed for enhancing the beauty of the body. The benefits of nettle tea for hair are not known to all of us. To amaze the ones facing several hair problems, nettle tea has been traditionally known for the prevention of hair problems. It has also been used to prevent hair loss, eliminate dandruff, and is also quite a good remedy to eliminate hair lice. It helps to improve the hair growth making your hair look thick and lustrous.
Here is the recipe to make nettle tea and use it for allergies. Follow the given steps to create a nettle tea recipe to cure your allergies
[Also Read: Tea for Allergies]
- Dried nettle leaves
- Hot water
There are two methods to prepare nettle tea for allergies:
- Take a long container.
- Add nearly one spoon of dried nettle leaves in it.
- Now add hot boiling water in it.
- Soak the solution overnight.
- The next morning, your nettle tea is ready for use.
- Stain it and take it as it is, or you can also warm it
- You can add sugar or honey as desired
- Take a saucepan
- Add some water in it
- Turn on the stove
- Now take the dried nettle leaves and add in the water
- Bring the water to boil after adding the nettle leaves
- Turn the flame to medium and steep the leaves for five to seven minutes.
- The longer the leaves will steep the stronger it will give its flavor
- Turn of the stove after five to seven minutes
- Your nettle tea is ready
- Now strain the mixture, and it is available for use.
- You can add sugar or lemon to taste if you want.
- You can also use a spoonful of honey to make it taste good.
Even though nettle tea contains several healing properties, it also has many side effects. Nettle tea has a high concentration of vitamin A, and vitamin K. People who have the issue of blood sugar level should avoid this tea. It persistently reduces the blood sugar level causing the person to faint. It is, therefore, always advisable to consult your doctor before using nettle extract or nettle herbal tea to avoid risks.
Nettle tea enjoys quite a rich nutrient profile. It provides treatment for several ailments. The anti-inflammatory and richness in oxidants make it quite healthy to consume. Benefits of nettle tea is not only advantageous for our health but also provides numerous benefits for our hair.
[Also Read: Ginger Tea for Cold ]
1. How to make stinging Nettle tea?
There are many benefits of stinging nettle tea. To make stinging nettle tea, follow the given steps
- First, wear your gloves as the stinging nettle can sting you with the hair growth on the leaves
- Dry the stinging nettle in the direct sunlight
- Take a saucepan and add some water in it
- Bring the water to boil
- Add the dried stinging nettle leaves in it
- Bring the water to boil
- Turn the flame to medium and steep the leaves for five more minutes.
- Now strain the mixture
- The tea is ready.
- You can add some sugar or a spoon of honey for taste.
2. Does Nettle tea help to reduce weight?
Nettle tea contains cleansing properties that help to detoxify the waste from the body. It also reduces the waste stored in muscle tissues, but no formal studies have been made that widely explain that nettle tea helps reduce weight.
3. How often should nettle tea be taken?
Nettle leaves tea should be taken one cup daily. For this use, one teaspoon of nettle leaves in 8 ounces of water.