Feeling like your foot is on fire with sudden and intense pain. This may be the symptom of gout. Gout can make anyone its victim. However, men are prone to it than women, especially middle-aged and older men. Women who went through menopause have high chances of developing gout. Gout is prevalent in many people all around the world.
Gout can attack you suddenly, almost overnight. It attacks one joint at a time. Big toe joint is most likely to be affected by gout first. Joints like elbows, knees, hands, wrists, and ankles also get affected with gout. Don’t worry about gout anymore. All you need is baking for gout relief as it acts on the source of the disease very effectively.
What is Gout?
Gout is a kind of arthritis which triggers inflammation and pain in the joints due to the accumulation of excess uric acid. Gout is caused by the painful accumulation of crystallized uric acid in and around the joints.
Symptoms of Gout:
- Painful swelling and redness of the affected area
- Feeling of sudden sharp pain in the joints especially in the toes
- Tenderness, warmth, and soreness of the joints
The administration of home remedies prepared by using baking soda for gout helps you to get relief to a long extent.
Causes of Gout:
Your body can produce too much uric acid and lead to gout due to the following causes:
- Blood disorders
- Metabolism disorders
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Excessive consumption of food like salt, red meat, shellfish, oily fish, offal
To alleviate the symptoms and get relief, refer to the home remedies prepared with baking soda for gout treatment.
Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) is white and crystalline solid that appears in the state of a fine powder. Baking soda is indispensable in the culinary world in the departments of bakery and confectionary. Baking soda is vested with fantastic health and medicinal benefits. Just as you use baking soda for gout, you can use it as an antacid for the treatment of acid reflux. It can be used for the cure of hyperkalemia, pains and fever, dermatological diseases, hypertension, urinary tract infection, gout, arthritis, and even depression.
Why should you use baking soda for gout?
The chemical composition of baking soda is incredibly beneficial for the natural treatment of gout. Using baking soda for gout helps in lowering the level of uric acid in the body. The analgesic nature of baking soda assists in providing relief from swelling and pain in the joints. The administration of natural remedies prepared by baking soda for gout treatment at home is remarkably effective for the following reasons.
- Baking soda helps in the melting and dissolution of the uric acid crystals which aids in the alleviation of the pain and swelling of the joints and thereby curing gout
- The administration of baking soda aids in the enhancement of the solubility of the crystals of uric acid. This enables the body to eliminate the uric acid crystals with more convenience
- Baking soda helps in the enhancement of the volume of fluids of the body. The increase in the level of volume of the body fluids aids the renal system in the elimination of the uric acid crystals from the body
- Baking soda is also helpful in increasing the pH value of urine which helps in considerably decreasing the risks of the formation of kidney stones
- Baking soda also helps in the increasing the power and effectiveness of NSAIDs which constitute as a traditional treatment of gout and arthritis.
[Also Read: How to Cure Gout Naturally]
Top 3 marvelous DIY recipes of how to use baking soda for gout
1. How to use lemon juice and baking soda for gout treatment?
Consuming a drink prepared with lemon juice and baking soda paves the way to the natural treatment of arthritis and inflammatory gout. You can use baking soda for gout in the following way:
How to use?
- Slice a lemon in half and squeeze the juice out of it
- Add the freshly extracted lemon juice to a glass of warm water with slight stirring
- Add a tablespoon of finely powdered baking soda to the solution of warm water and lemon juice
- Drink the decoction on an empty stomach every morning
- Drink the mixture on a daily basis for the cure of gout
Benefits of using lemon juice and baking soda for gout
Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C which helps in the alleviation of pain and swelling of the area affected by gout. Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant that fights against toxic free radicals and protects the joints against oxidative stress and inflammation. The juice also contains potassium which is good for the healthy functioning of the renal system. A pair of healthy kidneys aids in the filtering of blood which is essential for the treatment of gout. The mineral potassium also helps in the maintenance of alkalinity of the urine and blood. Drinking lemon juice mixed with baking soda on a daily basis helps in strengthening the tissues and joints making them lesser prone to the risks of uric acid accumulation and gout. The addition of baking soda aids in the enhancement of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of gout.
Do not use cold lemon juice for the preparation of this home remedy. You can microwave the juice slightly to make sure that the decoction is evenly warm.
2. How to use apple cider vinegar (ACV) and baking soda for gout treatment?
Drinking a concoction of ACV and baking soda helps in the cure of uric acid and gout. This home remedy is an impressive way of using baking soda for gout.
How to use?
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of raw ACV to a glass of warm water with gentle stirring to prepare a solution
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda to the solution of warm water and apple cider vinegar
- Drink the concoction at least 20-25 minutes before breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Drink the mixture on a daily basis for the cure of gout
- You can add a teaspoon of organic honey to the solution
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar and baking soda for gout
Drinking a decoction of ACV mixed with baking soda twice a day on a daily basis aids in the natural treatment of inflammatory diseases like arthritis and gout. The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar helps in providing relief from pain and burning sensation of gout. The miraculous drink also helps in enhancing the alkalinity of urine and blood which is essential for the cure of gout. Apple cider vinegar is rich in acetic acid which is known for its excellent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The antioxidants combat harmful free radicals and protect the joints and tissues of the body against oxidative stress. The addition of baking soda aids in the enhancement of the antioxidant, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory effects of gout.
Do not drink the decoction in excess as that might trigger adverse reactions in the urinary and digestive systems.
3. How to use Epsom salt and baking soda for gout treatment?
If you are wondering how to use baking soda for gout along with Epsom salt, below is the process on how to use it.
How to use?
- Fill the bathtub with lukewarm water and pour a cup of Epsom salt into it with gentle stirring until the salt gets evenly dissolved
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda into the bathing water and stir again
- Soak yourself in the water
- Bathe in the warm water mixed with baking soda for gout treatment at home
- Do this once a day for about a few weeks for the cure of gout
Benefits of using Epsom salt and baking soda for gout
Epsom salt is alkaline in nature which makes it incredibly effective for the natural treatment of gout by increasing the alkalinity of blood. The analgesic nature of magnesium contained in Epsom salt helps in relaxing the muscles by the natural cure of pain and inflammation. Epsom salt exhibits strong anti-inflammatory properties that get enhanced by the addition of baking soda. Bathing in Epsom salt and baking soda water helps in increasing the accelerating the cure of the inflammation, swelling, burning sensation, soreness, and redness of the joints. The addition of baking soda helps in the enhancement of the medicinal properties of Epsom salt thereby accelerating the cure of gout and arthritis.
Do not overheat the bathing water otherwise your skin might get scalded.
Bank on the home remedies with baking soda for gout treatment in a natural way. Adhere to regular exercise and stick to a balanced diet to maintain the healthy functioning of the physiological systems. If, however, the symptoms of gout persist beyond a reasonable period or the pain and inflammation of the joints become unbearable then seek the help of a physician for immediate medical treatment. On the same note, the home remedies might seem simple and traditional but they are fantastically effective.