According to a 2011 review, apple cider vinegar can help with stomach ulcers. It also aids in other digestive issues, which include spasms and diarrhea. It increases the stomach mucus, which inhibits the growth of H. pylori.
- Apple cider vinegar is the most common treatment recommended for Mouth ulcers
- Peptic ulcers can be caused by blockage of your duodenum caused by overeating.
But How Effective Is Apple Cider Vinegar for Ulcers?
The effectiveness and usability of apple cider vinegar for ulcers depends on the type of ulcer. For stomach ulcers, apple cider vinegar can have varied effects. It can help relieve pain by correcting the pH balance of the stomach. It can be especially useful in treating peptic ulcers by killing the excessive numbers of H. pylori bacteria that causes ulcers.
Apple cider vinegar also has a significant amount of vitamins, minerals, and probiotics that can ease the adverse effects of peptic ulcers. For mouth ulcers, apple cider vinegar can kill the excessive bacteria in the mouth. It can also help heal the sores that can result in the development of ulcers.
However, the sharp acidity of apple cider vinegar can worsen canker sores in the mouth. Moreover, apple cider vinegar for ulcers can decay teeth enamel. Similarly, for stomach ulcers, the conditions can worsen if the esophagus or stomach itself is damaged. The acidity of apple cider vinegar can cause irritation and pain.
[Also Read: Get Rid of Stomach Ulcer Using Natural Treatments]
Methods of Remedial Care
There are multiple methods to use apple cider vinegar for ulcers. If you are experiencing a mouth ulcer, use the following ways:
- Take one cup filled with water, preferably purified, warm water. However, running water is also excellent.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the water and mix it well. Make sure you buy apple cider vinegar with “mother.” It provides essential healing nutrients and vitamins. Moreover, ACV boosts enzymes and healthy enzymes.
- Gargle your mouth with this mouthwash using the mixture. Keep the mixture in your mouth for at least 30 seconds. However, do not keep it for a very long time as it can cause tooth decay.
- Rinse out the mixture, followed by rinsing your mouth with water thoroughly.
- Repeat this process no more than once a day. You can also use this process every morning and evening.
[Also Read: 6 Home Remedies for Stomach Ulcers]
Another Method for Mouth Ulcer Treatment Is Direct Application:
- Soak a cotton swab in ACV and apply it directly to the sores.
- If it feels painful or causes irritation, mix the ACV with water instead of direct application.
For ulcers inside the stomach or peptic ulcers (over 30 percent of the American population is found to be affected by this) (1), follow the following method:
- For the most straightforward oral treatment, mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 700 ml of water. Drink small portions of it at intervals during the day. Repeat the process until you feel complete relief.
- To speed up the process, try mixing one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, half a teaspoon of baking soda and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water. Once the frizz settles down, drink the mixture. This should be done before breakfast, every morning until there is complete relief from the pain.
[Also Read: 7 Best Foods That Can Treat Ulcers]
It MUST be remembered; however, that apple cider vinegar’s intake can initiate or worsen some kinds of ulcers. Before starting regular treatment based on ACV, make sure to consult a trained medical practitioner or health consultant. It is recommended to immediately consult a doctor if the ulcer does not clean up even after two weeks of treatment(2).
However, the treatment requires care and precaution as certain types of ulcers can aggravate by the use of apple cider vinegar. Moreover, excessive use of apple cider vinegar can trigger various kinds of ulcers. Thus, apple cider vinegar for ulcers should be used with proper care and under the supervision of a trained doctor to reap positive results.
So, is apple cider vinegar good for ulcers? Yes! Apple cider vinegar can provide an effective treatment for various kinds of ulcers if it is appropriately used, with caution and care. People with mouth ulcers can find this as an inexpensive and time-effective method to remove the undesirable bacteria from their mouth and heal the condition.
Moreover, the solution is entirely natural, organic, and homemade, with more over-the-counter additions. This prevents the adverse side effects that can be caused by over-the-counter medication.
1. Can Vinegar Cause Ulcers?
Because it is very acidic, it may cause stomach discomfort or digestive problems. However, this is unlikely to happen if you drink undiluted vinegar.
2. Does Essential Oil Help If Mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar for Ulcer Treatment?
Ulcers can vary significantly in terms of what can reduce or aggravate them. Essential oils can be beneficial for certain types of ulcers but can worsen others. The best way is to check with your doctor to be sure of the treatment.