Is the effect of inflammation persisting longer than usual on your body? Have you spent hundreds of dollars to cure your altered body inflammation but still wondering why it is getting worse than before? Well, the answer lies in how you are treating yourself!
If you are surprised as for how else can you treat the issues related to body inflammation apart from using the over the counter medications and steroids; then you are at the right place. It is practically possible to treat yourself effectively and naturally through the magical anti-inflammatory herbs. Yes! You read it right. The solution to curing the inflammatory responses is right in your kitchen. Read ahead as we list a few anti-inflammatory herbs and the ways through which you can use them.
About Anti-inflammatory herbs
Inflammation is the response of your body to fight against foreign elements, bacteria, and pathogens. Everybody tries to live their lives as smoothly as possible but many times get hurt in some aspect. When you were a child, you must have even wondered about how those wounds recover by themselves. It feels so magical that one day you are bleeding or bruised, and after a few days, it all disappear.
Well, inflammation is the answer to your questions. It is mainly a natural defense mechanism which is initiated by your body. There are many natural ways to enhance your inflammatory responses, and the best amongst them is the incredible anti-inflammatory herbs.
Why should you use anti-inflammatory herbs when you can cure faster on steroids?
You all know that steroids are faster, but are they even efficient in the long run. Do they even treat you well without any future side effects? Well, if you grab the hands of steroids, then you are in short paying the companies some dollars along with the amount of your health. It is not the right choice to fiddle with your health when you got better options available around you.
Using steroids for treating inflammation can have many derogatory effects on your body like osteoporosis, weight gain, diabetes, lower immunity level, cataract, etc. Hence it is advisable to avert using steroids as much as you can.
[Read: Fruits for Diabetes]
The anti-inflammatory herb treatment is devoid of any side effects and has moderate pricing as compared to the steroids and medicines. They will help you, in the long run, to boost up your immune system naturally.
By consuming these herbs, you ensure faster recovery of the wounds and persisting inflammation. Have you ever wondered that why your grandparents add turmeric or other herbs in many eatables? Yes, taste is the primary reason, but it even helps in fighting the foreign elements in your body.
Exceptional Benefits of the six most effective anti-inflammatory herbs
- It is the most popular of all herbs. Turmeric is very readily available in the stores, and you can find it anywhere.
- Turmeric has a yellow pigment namely curcumin which reduces inflammation along with making your digestive systems secure and treating your infections and wounds.
- You can include it in your daily diet or can also prepare its simple paste and apply on the injured and inflamed area to reduce swelling and pain.
2. Green Tea
- Green tea provides a quick recovery against the cardiovascular diseases and even kills the cancer cells in your body.
- According to modern studies, it is a proven fact that green tea is one of the most effective anti-inflammatory herbs mainly focused on the treatment of conditions like arthritis.
- Green tea can also help you in the reduction of the inflammation related to the digestive tract and might help you in many other conditions.
3. White Willow Bark
- The magical bark gets used for the treatment of inflammation since the ancient Roman and Egyptian times.
- It provides the more effective and most efficient effects as compared to the effects of aspirin.
- White Willow Bark is the most recommended anti-inflammatory herb at the times of the headaches and head related issues.
4. Cayenne Pepper
- Cayenne pepper contains a chemical named capsaicin which is responsible for making the chilies and peppers hot.
- Capsaicin is known to show the anti-inflammatory effects on your body at many stages.
- Cayenne Pepper is widely used in food and medicine owing to its healing properties.
[Read: Benefits of Cayenne Pepper]
- According to the studies, ginger has better effects than non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines for pain treatment and inflammation issues.
- Ginger has the power to activate many genes which are involved in the treatment of the response for inflammation.
- The herb can even help you in the treatment of nausea and many more problems. It is used mainly for the reduction of osteoarthritic pain and several heart-related issues.
6. Spirulina Powder
- It is a potent anti-inflammatory blue-green alga that is very beneficial to treat many ailments.
- It works wonders for treating diabetes as well and is known to regulate the production of malondialdehyde (MDA) which is known to trigger our body’s immune system to produce inflammatory responses. An increased MDA level results in greater inflammation.
How to inculcate anti-inflammatory herbs in our lifestyle?
The best thing about these anti-inflammatory herbs is that you can find them easily. You can prepare several delicious dishes and add the herbs in your dishes. It is generally highly recommended to add up a few amounts of herbs in every meal you eat to treat yourself better soon. These herbs will help in strengthening your immune system and keep it at its best.
Top 6 DIY recipes to treat inflammation
A few ways to add anti-inflammatory herbs in your regular diet are as follows.
- Turmeric Milk
- Green Tea
- White Willow Bark Tea
- Cayenne Pepper Tea
- Anti-inflammatory Ginger Smoothie
- Green Spirulina Wrap
1. Turmeric Milk
For the delicious milk, you will require
- One tablespoon Turmeric
- Two tablespoon sugar ( if needed)
- One cup milk
- A piece of ginger
- Take one cup milk and add one tablespoon turmeric to it
- Add a bit of ginger and sugar to it as per requirement
- Boil the mixture for about 2 minutes until full boil
- Watch out for the full boil and pour in a mug
Turmeric milk is the most common and effective way to consume anti-inflammatory herbs. Turmeric works best to treat all kinds of inflammation. It may take a while to develop a taste for this milk, but once it happens, you will be in love with the positive attributes that it brings to you.
2. Green Tea
It is one of the most common ways to clear out the toxins from your body, and you will need:
- One teaspoon of green tea leaves
- Tea strainer
- One cup of water
- Take the tea leaves in a tea strainer and keep it aside for a while
- Take a pot and boil the water at full burn
- Place your strainer over the mug and pour your boiled water
- Let the tea seep into the mug for about 3 minutes
- Let the tea cool for few seconds and enjoy your cup sip by sip
Green tea not only helps in reducing the inflammation but it is also very beneficial if you are looking to shed those extra pounds. It helps to heal the inflammation of the digestive tract as well. People who suffer from issues related to inflammation should switch to this ultimate non-dairy alternative of tea.
3. White Willow Bark Tea
- One to two teaspoons of Willow bark powder
- One cup of water
- Honey or cinnamon for taste
- Boil the water and add willow bark powder to it
- Simmer the heat and let the mixture infuse for about ten minutes
- Remove it from heat and let it cool a bit
- Strain the mixture
- Add in cinnamon or honey to enhance the taste
Willow bark tea is an effective remedy for easing pain and inflammation. You must drink the tea at least three times a day to get the desired results.
4. Cayenne Pepper Tea
- One tablespoon of ground cayenne pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- One cup of filtered water
- Keep filtered water on high heat and remove it from the stove top when it is about to boil
- Add ground cayenne pepper in a mug and pour hot water over it
- Stir the mixture until the pepper dissolves completely
- Add in lemon juice and stir again
- Cover the cup and let the tea infuse for about five minutes
- Sip the tea when it is still warm
Drinking cayenne pepper tea early in the morning and then once in the evening detoxifies your body and eases chronic inflammation.
5.Anti-inflammatory Ginger Smoothie
- Half Avocado (riped)
- Half a cup frozen/fresh blueberries
- One teaspoon spirulina powder
- Half a teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Half a teaspoon turmeric
- Half a teaspoon honey
- One teaspoon flaxseeds (optional)
- Take a blender and add the avocado, blueberries and spirulina powder
- Blend it well to make a thick paste
- Then add water, honey, turmeric, coconut oil, and ginger into it and blend again
- You can also add more water to adjust the consistency as per your desire
- Pour it in a glass and sprinkle some flaxseeds on to it
All the ingredients of this magical anti-inflammatory smoothie are placed to perfect proportions and are very beneficial for the body. It helps to fight inflammatory issues of many kinds and is also delicious for your taste buds.
6. Green Spirulina Wrap
- A few large collard leaves
- One avocado
- One small carrot (shredded)
- One cucumber (sliced)
- One tablespoon of Spirulina Powder
- One tablespoon of lime juice
- Sea Salt
- Hemp seeds
- Take the collard leaves and cut the stem at the bottom of the leaves
- Blanch them for 5 seconds in boiling water
- Take a bowl and mash the avocado in it
- Next add to it lime juice, spirulina powder and sprinkle some sea salt, cumin seeds, and paprika
- Mix the contents well and spread them on a collard leaf
- Add shredded carrot, cucumber, and hemp seeds
- Roll up the leaf like a burrito. Your delicious wrap is ready
This spirulina wrap makes for a tasty snack that you can enjoy in your lunch or whenever you feel hungry. Spirulina not only eases inflammation but also boosts your immunity, hence is a good choice if you wish to accelerate your recovery from a disease.
A word of caution
- However, the usages of the following anti-inflammatory herbs are harmless and hardly have any side effects, but you must consume them in a decent quantity.
- Do consult a doctor if you are prone to allergies. Always look for signs or symptoms of allergies closely for three days whenever you start a new remedy.
- Drinking green tea creates pressure in the eyes. Have only one cup or maximum two cups of green tea for your safety.
- Don’t consume chilies in excess as they can mess up with your digestive tract if consumed in large quantities.
Stay natural and safe with the health benefits of the magical herbs around you. You can spend hundreds of dollars on steroids and medicines, but they won’t help you in the future. The treatment is not at all long- lasting and garners multiple side-effects too in your body. On the other hand, herbs are natural and will make you immune for the future as well. Steroids can be used for momentarily benefits, but its derogatory effects require years to get out of your body. The best way to treat your body inflammation is a natural way. Try to avoid steroids at the maximum rate and try to stay natural for the ease of the treatment and long-lasting effects.