Yeast infections can be uncomfortable, but they’re usually not serious. You experience itching or irritation in or around your vagina, as well as a thick, white discharge. In many cases, an antifungal treatment will clear up your symptoms. SImultaneously using organic witch hazel helps in eradicating the root cause of the problem and reduces the chances of reoccurrence.
Witch Hazel for Yeast Infection
What is a Yeast Infection?
An infection caused by a fungus, which results in irritation, discharge, and severe itching around the vagina and vulva, is known as a vaginal yeast infection. It is a common infection found in both men and women. Depending on your partners’ anatomy, yeast infection(1) could spread.
Candida albicans named fungus is responsible for the growth of vaginal yeast infection. For reducing this condition, using witch hazel on the vagina is very useful.
Why Witch Hazel is Effective For Yeast Infection?
Witch hazel is very useful for vaginal problems. Many infections in the vagina, known as bacterial vaginosis, can be effectively treated by witch hazel. The visible symptoms of yeast infection are intense itching on the vagina and vulva, white discharge, irritation, and burning sensation around the vaginal wall.
If you have a yeast infection, you can use organic witch hazel for vulvar itching, or witch hazel for vagina, which will help reduce the symptoms to a great extent and will help you get relief.
In this way, witch hazel is also useful in removing the excessive yeast formed and restoring and maintaining the pH balance of the genitals that is generally altered during the process.
How To Use Witch Hazel for Yeast Infection?
Witch hazel(2) is very helpful in treating yeast infection. It gives relief from jock itch, vulvar itching, the burning sensation caused while urinating.
- It is recommended to use an organic form of witch hazel for the treatment of yeast infection. It is effortless to prepare natural witch hazel solution at your home.
- Boil the leaves of witch hazel plant for 10- 15 minutes in the water and allow the mixture to cool down completely.
- Now pour this mixture in a bottle for future use.
- You can also use Witch hazel in the form of ointment and apply it directly to the affected area.
Ways of Applying
- Wash the affected area with witch hazel solution while bathing.
- You can also use it five to six times a day and use it continuously for 4-5 days.
[ Read: Herbs to Ease Yeast Infection ]
Does Witch Hazel Burn When Applied?
Avoid using Witch Hazel on minor skin burns, such as those from chemicals. Avoid using it on razor burns (irritation you might get after shaving). When applying on burns, you can gently press onto the burn.
Many healthcare products to treat yeast infections are available in the market. You can choose from organic and herbal products. For this witch, hazel on the vagina is very beneficial in the treatment of yeast infection if used as an ointment or salve.
1. What is the fastest way to get rid of a yeast infection?
- Home remedies
- Over-the-counter treatments
- Coconut oil
- Boric acid
- Oil of oregano
- Tea tree oil
- Natural yogurt
- Coconut oil
- Probiotic Supplements
2. Can saltwater treat a yeast infection?
Saltwater helps control the growth of microbes, causing infections, using salty water to treat yeast infection works. Salt also reduces other itch and discomfort.
3. Does cornstarch help yeast infections?
Corn starch, Candida albicans, and diaper rash. … These studies indicate that cornstarch and talc powders do not enhance the growth of yeasts on human skin and do provide protection against frictional injury.
4. Does Witch Hazel burn when applied?
Avoid using Witch Hazel on minor skin burns, such as those from chemicals. Avoid using it on razor burns (irritation you might get after shaving). When applying on burns, you can gently press onto the burn to instant relief.