Sebaceous cysts are synonymous with annoyance. They keep coming back and turn out to be a source of constant pain. On a lighter note, these cysts are benign and are indeed not cancerous. Ruling this fear out, we are left with the problem of the appearance of cysts and pain associated with them.
Find out more about sebaceous cysts, their causes, symptoms and lastly, note down the fabulous methods of sebaceous cyst home treatment. Get rid of the sebaceous cysts on your skin with the administration of the extraordinary home remedies described here.
What is a sebaceous cyst?
A sebaceous cyst is a dermatological condition that is characterized by the appearance of tiny and benign lumps right beneath the skin. These lumps or cysts get filled with stinking, yellowish, and oily fluid that oozes out when the bumps get accidentally ruptured.
If the lumps become painful, the affected region of the skin swells and turns slightly reddish. The skin lumps are non-cancerous, completely harmless, and can get cured with the administration of natural methods of sebaceous cyst home treatment.
What are the sebaceous cyst causes?
Clinical research is yet to come up with specific causes of sebaceous cysts. However, it has been stated by medical science that the formation of sebaceous cysts occurs due to the rapid multiplication of cells which clump together in clusters to form the cysts beneath the epidermis.
- An injury caused to the skin
- Blockage of sebaceous glands and swelling of skin hair follicles
- Genetic history of sebaceous cysts
What are the symptoms of sebaceous cyst?
- The appearance of tiny or medium-sized lumps underneath the skin
- Swelling and pain in the affected region of the skin
- Inflammation of the skin
- Rupture of the sebaceous cysts leaves behind a yellowish fluid of rotten smell.
Top 6 Ways of Implementing Sebaceous Cyst Home Treatment
Sebaceous cysts get healed on their own without the need for medical treatment. But leaving it to the human body to work its course of healing is a prolonged process. The same can be achieved a hundred times faster with the application and administration of remedies prepared with ingredients that are available right at your home
If you are wondering on how to get rid of a sebaceous cyst at home, then find out the different natural methods of sebaceous cyst removal right here.
1. Foods that can help you in getting rid of Sebaceous Cyst
How to cure sebaceous cyst behind the ear with the use of potatoes?
Potatoes are highly effective in the natural cure of infected sebaceous cyst and inflamed sebaceous glands.
How to use?
- Peel and rinse an average-sized potato
- Grate the peeled potato to extract its juice
- Smear the potato juice all over the sebaceous cysts before going to bed at night
- Do this on a daily basis for the sebaceous cysts on the back and other parts of the body to heal.
Benefits of using a potato
Potato juice is rich in glycoalkaloids and protease inhibitors that are known for their anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties respectively. The medicinal properties work in unison to cure the symptoms and alleviate the pain and inflammation of sebaceous cysts.
How to treat a sebaceous cyst on the back and a sebaceous cyst behind the ear with the help of garlic?
Cloves of garlic are one of the purest natural cures of sebaceous cyst on the neck, back and other parts of the body.
How to use?
- Take three raw garlic cloves and peel them
- Rinse the peeled cloves and pound them to extract a mass of juicy shreds
- Add a tablespoon of water to the shredded garlic and prepare a paste
- Smear the paste all over the sebaceous cysts and stick a few tapes to keep them in place
- Rip the tapes off after about 20 minutes
- Rinse the skin with plain water
Do this twice a day for the sebaceous cysts to get cured
Benefits of using garlic
The strong antifungal, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of garlic are incredibly efficient for how to get rid of a sebaceous cyst. Garlic helps in draining out the rotten fluid thereby curing the inflammation of the skin. It inhibits microbial action and prevents infection of the cysts.
Do not use garlic for the cure of genital cysts.
Foods to Eat
The appearance of infected sebaceous cysts can be combated by eating foods that make your skin healthy and glowing. You can eat the following foods as a natural remedy for sebaceous cysts.
- Fish, meat and eggs
- Fresh Fruits and vegetables
- Milk and dairy products
Foods to avoid
These foods have been known to worsen the condition by forming excessive heat in the body.
- Junk foods
- Caffeinated beverages
- Spicy food
2. Herbal treatments to follow for home removal of sebaceous cysts
How to implement sebaceous cyst home treatment with aloe vera gel?
Aloe vera gel is highly beneficial for the cure of labial sebaceous cyst and sebaceous cyst in the groin. Topical application of the cooling gel can heal the cysts beneath the skin in no time.
How to use?
- Pluck a fresh leaf of aloe vera and slit it sideways to extract its gel
- Smear the gel on the skin above the sebaceous cysts
- Wait for about half an hour
- Rinse off the gel with plain water or rose water
Do this twice a day on a daily basis, and the sebaceous cyst vulva will heal
Benefits of using aloe vera gel
The cooling nature of the aloe vera gel is highly effective in soothing the pain and irritation. The anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera gel cure the inflammation and infection of the sebaceous cyst labia.
Always use a fresh aloe vera leaf to extract the gel out. If not then you can purchase it from the market too. But still look out for the expiry date.
3. Use Essential Oils to treat Sebaceous Cysts
How to treat a sebaceous cyst on the head with frankincense essential oil?
Frankincense essential oil is one of the best essential oils for a sebaceous cyst on the back, on the head and behind the ears. It is an excellent sebaceous cyst home treatment for adults.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of frankincense essential oil to a tablespoon of coconut oil and mix well
- Massage the oil mixture all over the affected areas of the skin and scalp before going to bed at night
- Rinse the surface in the next morning
Do this on a daily basis for how to get rid of a sebaceous cyst on the neck, head, ears and other parts of the body.
Benefits of using frankincense essential oil
Frankincense essential oil is analgesic in nature. This property helps in curing the pain and swelling of sebaceous glands and cysts. The anti-inflammatory quality of the essential oil is highly beneficial for the alleviation of inflammation and infection of the cysts.
Make sure that the frankincense essential oil gets diluted with a carrier oil before applying it to the skin. Conduct a patch test before using it on the cysts. If your skin becomes allergic to the frankincense essential oil, then do not go through with this remedy.
4. Home Remedies for sebaceous cysts
How to avert sebaceous cyst by using coconut oil?
Coconut oil is profoundly useful for the cure of sebaceous cyst penis and sebaceous cyst vagina. If your genitalia is affected with sebaceous cysts, then use coconut oil an effective sebaceous cyst home treatment.
How to use?
- Heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil until it becomes moderately warm
- Massage the oil all over the genital sebaceous cysts
- Rinse the skin after a few hours
Do this thrice or four times a day for the home removal of sebaceous cyst scrotum and infected sebaceous cysts.
Benefits of using coconut oil
Coconut oil is replete with healthy fatty acids such as lauric acid that is known for its powerful antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory action. The emollient nature of the oil can soothe the pain and swelling and suppress the irritation of the skin making it the best home remedy.
5. Natural Treatments for sebaceous cysts
How to use Epsom Salt for sebaceous cyst treatment?
Epsom salt is one of the best remedies for how to treat a sebaceous cyst on the back and other parts of the body.
How to use?
- Fill a tub with lukewarm water
- Add a cup of Epsom salt to the water with gentle stirring
- Soak your body in the bathtub for about 15-20 minutes and make sure that all the sebaceous cysts get soaked in the Epsom salt water
- Do this daily for effective removal of sebaceous cysts.
Benefits of using Epsom salt
Epsom salt has the anti-microbial property of Epsom salt aids in the elimination of bacteria and the cure of the inflamed sebaceous glands and infected sebaceous cysts.
How to prevent sebaceous cyst formation?
Follow the below steps to prevent the formation as a part of sebaceous cyst home treatment. Keep your body immune system well fortified by adhering to a balanced diet and daily exercising.
Protect your skin with regular application fruit masks to keep dermatological risks at bay.
The natural methods of sebaceous cyst home treatment are not only profoundly effective but also very nourishing for the skin. Follow the remedies with religious adherence to cure the sebaceous cysts completely.