One of the most prominent women problems is an ovarian cyst. It is natural to have them. They may occur and go with no symptoms or can grow larger and cause much discomfort. Studies say that around one-third of menstruating women may have an ovarian cyst, but their body is designed to deal with them. However, in some instances, the problem magnifies. Learn ovarian cyst treatment at home and combat it quickly.
What is an ovarian cyst?
An ovarian cyst is a fluid-filled sac that grows on a woman’s ovary. Functional cysts develop every month as a part of your menstrual cycle and are common. But at times these may cause excess abdominal pain, heavy period flow, and other annoying symptoms.
Ovarian Cyst Causes
- Hormonal imbalance
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Early menstruation before 11 years
- BMI above 30
- Infertility treatment using gonadotropins
- Use of Tamoxifen for breast cancer
- Use of Clomiphene
Ovarian Cyst Symptoms
Common signs of ovarian cyst are:
- Pain during intercourse
- Sharp lower abdominal pain
- Increased urination
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Anovulatory cycles (when ovulation does not occur)
- Natural ways to protect yourself from Ovarian Cyst
Ovarian cysts in your body might grow and cause severe troubles. At times they may even twist your ovaries. Hence, on the slightest symptoms of ovarian cyst, get yourself diagnosed and treat the cyst. Here are some simple remedies for ovarian cyst treatment at home that can reduce ovarian cyst size and the annoying symptoms associated with it.
1. Foods that may be of help
Ginger tea is one of the best ovarian cyst treatment at home
The easiest way to reduce ovarian cyst pain and other symptoms associated with a functional ovarian cyst are consuming ginger tea. The amazing root has potent properties that can reduce your ovarian cyst troubles.
How to use?
- Take a small piece of ginger about 2 inches
- Peel and slice it
- Boil the ginger slices in two of water for ten minutes
- Strain the mixture
- You can add in honey or lime juice to enhance the taste
Benefits of Ginger tea
Ginger tea has strong anti-inflammatory properties that ease the pain associated with ovarian cysts. Consuming it on a regular basis can provide you great relief from the trouble.
Consuming ginger in excess may cause various issues like stomach troubles, etc. Hence, you must take it in moderation to reap the maximum benefits.
Foods to eat
Development of ovarian cysts is directly related to the food you eat. Make some conscious changes in your diet to prevent the cyst. Include the following healthy foods in your diet:
- Lean proteins found in chicken, tofu, and fish
- Foods with high fiber content like broccoli, almonds, and berries
- Anti-inflammatory foods like turmeric, tomatoes, kale, etc.
Foods to avoid
Some foods lead to obesity which is one of the major causes of PCOS, i.e., polycystic ovary syndrome, a condition wherein multiple follicular cysts grow on an ovary. PCOS is a condition to worry about as it may result in hormonal imbalance and may also lead to infertility. Thus, you must maintain a healthy weight by eliminating the following foods from your diet that may contribute to the development of cysts:
- White potatoes
- White bread
- Sugary foods
- White flour foods
2. Herbal treatments for ovarian cyst removal
Drink chamomile tea to remove an ovarian cyst
A warm cup of chamomile tea is another excellent way to reduce the trouble associated with a large ovarian cyst. It is an incredible ovarian cyst treatment at home.
How to use?
- Add three to four tablespoons of chamomile flowers in a cup of boiling water. You can also use chamomile tea bag
- You can add some crushed mint leaves too
- Let it steep or about five minutes
- After that, strain the mixture and enjoy
Benefits of Chamomile tea
Chamomile tea has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the intense pain followed by ovarian cyst burst. It provides significant relief from the cramping and also reduces the anxiety and weakness associated with it. Further, it helps you get a sound sleep at night which might be difficult in times of intense cramping.
Chamomile can cause potential allergic reactions in people allergic to the plants of the daisy family. Further, due to lack of proper evidence, it is better to avoid chamomile treatment for an ovarian cyst in pregnancy.
3. Essential Oils for Ovarian Cyst treatment
Frankincense Essential Oil is a potent essential oil ovarian cyst treatment at home
Those looking for how to get rid of ovarian cyst and the associated symptoms can try Frankincense Essential Oil. It can help you out in numerous ways.
How to use?
- Dilute some drops of Frankincense Essential oil in a carrier oil
- Apply the blend on your lower abdomen area
- Gently massage it
- Benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense Essential oil is one of the best remedies for ovarian cyst treatment at home. It does not have estrogenic effects which makes it highly effective for the treatment of cysts that are prominently caused due to hormonal fluctuations. Application of the oil can prevent the growth and development of cysts and the anti-inflammatory effect soothes the pain. Further its antioxidant properties fight oxidative stress associated with PCOS.
You must dilute the oil before using it. Those with sensitive skin should do a skin patch test to know their skin’s sensitivity to the essential oil.
Other Essential Oils for Ovarian Cyst
Some other essential oils that you can use to treat ovarian cyst troubles are:
- Thyme Essential Oil
- German Chamomile Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- love Essential Oil
4. Home remedies for treating ovarian cyst
Apple Cider Vinegar can help dissolve the ovarian cyst
Ovarian cyst after menopause though common should be taken seriously. It is because age is a common factor for the development of cancer. Thus, the cysts might result in ovarian cancer. You can get rid of them effectively by using apple cider vinegar, a miraculous drink for ovarian cyst treatment at home.
How to use?
- Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water
- Also, add in a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses
- Drink this solution daily to get relief from the symptoms of ovarian cyst
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider vinegar is an excellent natural treatment for removing ovarian cysts. It can reduce the size of the cysts formed due to the deficiency of potassium and ultimately dissolve them. Further, its potent anti-inflammatory properties reduce the pain and bloating. Drink apple cider vinegar solution on a regular basis to prevent the growth of cysts, their rupture, and the ovarian cyst bleeding.
[Read: How to Get Rid of a Cyst]
Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. Hence, you must consume it in diluted form only.
5. Natural treatments for easing ovarian cyst symptoms
Ease the cramps with Epsom Salt bath
Ovarian cyst during pregnancy is common. These are benign growths that do not harm you. But at times may cause troubles like excessive pain. If you are experiencing intense abdominal pain, then try Epsom salt bath.
How to use?
- Add two cups of Epsom salt in your bathwater
- Once it dissolves, soak in the water for about twenty minutes
- After that, pat yourself dry
Benefits of Epsom salt bath
Epson salt contains magnesium which has a calming effect on your body and soothes the terrible pain. Soak in the tub to ease your aching muscles and relieve the ovarian cyst pain.
Do not soak in the bath for long as the salt may dry out your skin.
How to prevent ovarian cysts?
Functional ovarian cysts are a part of your menstrual cycle and cannot be prevented when you are ovulating. However, some lifestyle changes can help lower the risk of development of cysts.
- Drink clean, filtered water
- Follow a healthy diet
- Avoid stress as much as you can
- Exercise to manage your weight and prevent ovarian cysts
So, these were some of the natural remedies for ovarian cyst treatment at home. These can effectively reduce the size of the cyst and ease the other troubles associated with the development of cysts. While some women may not experience any inconvenience due to cysts, there are others who go through severe discomfort due to the complex ovarian cyst. Treat your troubles at the very first stage by employing the cures mentioned above. These are known to provide significant results.