Omega 7 are fatty acids that are also known as palmitoleic acid. They are a rich source of antioxidants. Our body needs antioxidants to fight off the free radicals causing damage to our cellular structure.
Often found in Fish and nuts, it has now become quite popular because of the Omega 7 benefits. From maintaining good hair and skin to improving cardiac health, the benefits of Omega 7 are plenty. Taking supplements of Omega 7 or using omega cold-pressed oil helps in boosting our immunity and prevents many illnesses.
1 liquid capsule of Sea Buckthorn oil contains 450 mg serving of Omega 7 palmitoleic acid.
Omega 7 Benefits
1. Hydrates the Body
We all know that we must drink about eight glasses of water minimum every day to stay healthy. It keeps our body hydrated. A dehydrated body makes you weak and causes illness. Eating omega 7 foods is an excellent solution to keeping the body hydrated.
2. Improves Gastrointestinal Health
Omega 7 benefits in treating stomach ulcers, acidity, and indigestion. The discomfort caused by gas, acidity, or infections in the stomach can be eased out by taking omega 7 supplements. It increases lubrication(1) that helps resolve and reduces gastrointestinal issues. When Omega 7 gets built up in the stomach lining, it protects the linings.
3. Delays Premature Aging of the Skin
They benefit the skin in more ways than you can count. It aids collagen in the skin that helps in keeping it healthy and protects it from damages. Acne, skin inflammation, rashes are of them have a one-stop solution, which is omega 7 supplements.
They help to keep the skin hydrated, supple, healthy and prevents loss of elasticity that prevents wrinkles. Start taking omega 7 sources of food, and you will notice your hair shine and nail become stronger.
[Read: Health Benefits of Fish Oil]
4. Helps Maintains a Healthy Heart
Omega 7 prevents your chances of diabetes as it controls the blood sugar levels and regulates cholesterol levels in the body. As it reduces the accumulation of fat cells, it keeps the walls of the artery smooth and robust, which helps in blood circulation in the body.
5. Aids Weight Loss
Research says that omega 7 for weight loss has been beneficial. Its properties signal the body to stop storing excess fats. Adding Omega 7 to your diet will benefit in weight loss as it controls the production of fat in the body and decreases levels of stored fat.
What’s The Best Source of Omega 7
How to Consume Omega 7?
- You can include macadamia nuts, sea buckthorn in your deity. These foods are rich sources of Omega 7.
- You can also take supplements on the advice of your doctor.
How Much to Consume?
- If you are taking supplements/capsules, you can take two days or as prescribed by your doctor.
[Read: Vitamin K Rich Foods]
Things to Remember
Although there are no known side-effects of Omega 7 fatty acids and is safe for consumption, if consumed in the right dose, there are some allergy reactions you must be aware of.
- It can spike blood sugar levels.
- It can cause bleeding gums. If you overdose on supplements, it can lead to nose bleeding and bleeding of the gums.
- One very common side-effect of omega 7 is diarrhea. Mostly common with high doses of omega 7 supplements and fatty acids.
- It may increase GERD(2) and acid refluxes.
- It may also increase symptoms of nausea, discomfort, and belching.
- An overdose of Omega 7 is a stroke.
There is a lot of research being done to gather knowledge about the exact dose of Omega 7. Fish oil is known as a great source of Omega 7 and is found in all fish oil supplements. Now that you are aware of the omega 7 benefits, you will realize why your body needs it.
Taking the supplements of Omega 7 or eating omega 7 rich food will make you feel more lively and energetic.
1. Does Coconut Oil Have Omega 7?
No, coconut oil does not contain Omega 7. Instead, it has Omega-3 fatty acids that are incredibly important for health. It contains unique fatty acids that can boost the metabolic rate, reduce appetite and help you lose weight.
2. Can Dry Eyes Be Cured with Omega 7 Supplements?
It is a progressive and chronic condition. Omega 7 benefits in treating dry eyes. But it depends upon its condition. Dry eyes get managed with supplements and drops, and this supplement helps to a great extent. However, you must get it approved by your doctor.