If you’re looking to reduce toxic ingredients in your skincare and streamline the materials you use, consider using jojoba as your makeup remover. Virgin jojoba has many surprising benefits for the skin, which make it an excellent makeup remover.
Non-allergenic, non-comedogenic, and prevents dryness, gamma, alpha, delta, and tocopherols found in jojoba(1) are all forms of Vitamin E, which remove free radicals.
Using jojoba to remove makeup is a straightforward procedure. Primarily, there are two methods, try both and see which one works best for your skin type and the makeup you use.
- Add some jojoba drops to a damp cotton pad or cotton ball then wipe over eyes and face.
- Use multiple cotton pads if you use heavy makeup.
- If makeup is still there in your lash line, add a few drops of jojoba onto a cotton swab and rub along the lash line.
- When all makeup traces are removed, wash your face with water, and use your favorite cleanser, wipe with a damp washcloth, then apply a few drops of jojoba oil.
- Add some drops of jojoba oil to your fingertips, massage over eyes/face.
- Wipe with a cotton ball or clean, dry cloth.
- Repeat if needed.
- When all makeup traces are eliminated, rinse your face with water and use your favorite cleanser or wipe with a damp washcloth, then apply a few drops of jojoba oil to your face.
Jojoba may also be used as an alternative to oils in the oil cleansing technique. Massage 1/4 teaspoon of jojoba onto your face for 60 seconds, then lay a hot, damp washcloth over your face for 60 seconds.
Wipe your face using a damp washcloth, and you’re done. This method will remove dirt and makeup.
You can also use jojoba to condition and clean your makeup brushes. It is specifically advantageous if you use natural bristle brushes. Massage some drops onto the brush, wash with shampoo, and pat it dry.
It’s beneficial to massage a very meager amount of jojoba into the brush after washing to maintain the natural bristles.
Using jojoba as your face and makeup cleaner streamlines your beauty regimen. Not only will you need fewer items at home, but travel will also be simpler. Jojoba can be used for multiple things; it may be one of the only skincare/body products you require to travel with(2).
Have you tried using jojoba as a makeup remover?
Note: Not all jojoba is made similarly; some products of jojoba include deodorized jojoba, lower quality jojoba, or jojoba with other ingredients. Make sure you are using only unrefined, first press, jojoba on your skin, particularly the delicate skin around the eyes.
This is specifically important if you have reactive or sensitive skin! Rest assured, your jojoba is of the highest quality.
[Also Read: Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Acne]
DIY Natural Makeup Remover
There are multiple recipes that you can use for a DIY jojoba oil makeup remover. Here are some to help you make your very own at home:
- 4 drops lavender essential oil (optional)
- 2 oz jojoba oil
- Vitamin E oil (Non-GMO) – either in dropper or capsule form
In a dark glass container (this helps preserve potency by safeguarding ingredients from sun rays), combine vitamin E oil, the jojoba oil, and the rose essential oil.
If using a Vitamin E capsule, simply use a knife tip or clean pin to perforate a tiny hole in the capsule and squeeze the liquid into the container. Shake the container to blend ingredients.
When you’re ready to use, shake the bottle, then gently massage about a 1/4-to-a-1/2 teaspoon of the paste over your face. Wipe off with a clean cotton pad and see all that makeup come clean!
If you avoid pouring water in the container, this natural makeup remover will last up to 365 days.
After removing your makeup, wash your face with raw honey for the most effective, gentlest clean. Now all that’s left is to have that beauty slumber and wake up to healthy, beautiful skin. Yes, please.
This recipe requires only 2 ingredients and is super-simple to make! All you need is:
- 1 ounce- Rosewater
- 1 ounce- Organic jojoba oil
How To Prepare and Use It?
- Simply blend the 2 ingredients together in a container and shake well before you use it.
- Gently rub this makeup cleanser over your face and onto your eyes with your fingertips or a cotton ball.
- Next, take a clean, dry, and soft cloth and slowly remove your makeup.
- Repeat until you have removed everything completely.
- This recipe is simple, and the 2 ingredients make an excellent combo as they both have beautiful effects on the skin. They will keep your skin radiant and nourished.
This is another brilliant recipe that will help you save loads of money. It is the ideal cleanser, particularly for eye makeup! The ingredients you will require are:
- Organic sweet almond oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Organic jojoba oil
- 2 oz glass bottle
How To Prepare and Use It?
- The amount of almond and jojoba oil you use depends on how much you want to prepare. Simply mix equal quantities of the oils in the glass jar and add 3 to 4 drops of vitamin E oil.
- Shake well to ensure that all the ingredients mix well.
- Using fingertips, apply it all over your face, slowly massaging it at the same time.
- Take a cotton ball and remove your makeup. Even glitter eyeliner can be removed easily!
- You will surely like this makeup remover as it also moisturizes your skin and protects and nourishes the sensitive skin around your eyes!
[Also Read: Best Homemade Makeup Remover Recipes]
As you can notice, making your own jojoba oil makeup remover is easy and hassle-free. Forget about expensive branded products – use the natural goodness of this wonderful oil to remove your makeup and get skin that always looks healthy and radiant!