Naturally harvested essential oils like jojoba oils are some of the most in-demand in the beauty industry. Jojoba oil is one such highly-recommended the best leave-on serum for your nails. Compared to other oils, jojoba oil is much more effective because of its small molecules. There are various ways you can use the oil to get the magical benefits.
Jojoba oil is nothing but wax ester, which converts into liquid form at room temperature. Similar to our body’s sebum oil. It is loaded with magical benefits that can give to stronger and healthier nails you ever wanted. It gets easily absorbed by the cuticle and nails, which keeps it hydrated. Its high level of lubricant nature deeply penetrates the oil into the nails and cuticles make them stronger and protects them from damage
Nails are made of a hard layer of alpha keratin substances in our body. That hard substance is nothing but a kind of protein that is naturally produced to cover the tip of our finger.
Similar to our skin and hair, nails are also grown with good moisture-absorbent qualities. Our body produces natural moisture that nourishes the skin, hair, and nails. But apart from internal factors, we need to apply a lot of moisture on hair, skin, and nails to give them a good amount of nourishment.
Benefits of Using Jojoba Oil for Nails
- You can make a DIY homemade serum for your nails using jojoba nail oil.
- Take a few capsules of vitamin E and cut the tip of it.
- Take one spoon of jojoba oil and mix it well with vitamin E liquid substance(1).
- Apply the mixture on your nails and wear a hand glove overnight.
It will totally reduce the roughness of the cuticles, treat the damaged skin around it, and give the nails a healthier look. Use this magical serum for a few days or do the regime twice a week to get healthier, stronger, damage-free nails.
Full of hydrating properties to keep your nails healthy
It is an essential oil that is naturally extracted from the plant. Jojoba oil contains a rich amount of fatty acid. These fatty acids act as an emollient for treating and fighting the dryness. It also has antioxidant properties, which enhances the strength of the nails.
Jojoba oil is bacteria resistant, which can protect bacterial infections. It is helpful in treating dryness, bringing smoothness, and strengthening the nails for dealing with breakage and damage. It deeply penetrates into the skin and keeps them hydrated.
What makes your Nails Grow faster?
Softer nails are very prone to breakage and damage. Jojoba oil promotes nail hardness, which reduces nail breakage and improves the overall health of the nails.
Biotin is one of the most suggested vitamins a form of vitamin B that improves the conditions of the nails.
It makes the nails stronger and healthier in a more natural way. Some beauty experts suggest biotin supplements for better results.
Growing the nails overnight
Though there is no magic that can grow your nails overnight, you can try jojoba oil application on a regular basis to get good results. It is important to make a habit of using this remedy to lock the moisture into the nails. Fatty acid not only improves the skin but also helps in healthier growth of nails.
How to use it:
Take a cotton ball and dip into the jojoba oil and rub the upper layer of nails and cuticle in a circular motion for a few minutes.
Do not wash your hands after that, and leave it overnight to give you magical results.
[Read: How to Strengthen Your Nails]
Important vitamins which promote nails growth
- Vitamin B: Good for absorption capability and promotes the development of red blood cells. It is important for keeping the nails stronger and healthier
- Iron: Iron promotes the red and white blood cells, which are responsible for carrying oxygen to the body. Oxygen is another essential element that gives you healthy nails.
- Biotin: It promotes the development of skin cells that are responsible for the healthy growth of nails.
- Magnesium: It promotes minerals, including protein synthesis, which is important for nails growth. Vertical ridges in the nails are a sign of magnesium deficiency.
- Protein: Proteins are highly essential in strengthening and improving the resilience of the nails.
- Vitamin C: It is essential to promote collagen, which is a protein that gives your nails shape and protects the tissues from damage.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid: It is one of the best lubricants that provide moisture to the nails(2) and keeps them smooth.
[ Read: Vitamins for Nail Health ]
Cutting and trimming are important
Along with the use of oils and moisturizing agents on the nails, it’s also necessary to either cut or trim the nails at regular intervals. Cutting and trimming are necessary when you have broken nails or if It has grown much longer to keep them in shape.
Properly shaped nails are less likely to grow at the corner of the skin; these kinds of nails are most open to lock dirt and infectious substances such as bacteria. If the nails are not properly cleaned and have dirt and moisture stuck inside the corners, it can cause a painful infection. Maintaining good hand and nail hygiene is also a factor that can save your nails from fungal infections and give your nails a brighter and shinier look.
Consumption of fruits, juices, and green veggies also promotes overall health benefits. Try adding seasonal fruits that contain zinc for getting stronger nails. Zinc protects the cells which are prone to divisional growth. Nails are also divisional prone cells that grow faster. Zinc is essential for stronger nails as per the dietitian’s suggestions.
The busy modern schedule can make it hard to keep health in check. Maintaining a daily routine for nails could be a difficult task. However, a quick and simple regimen with a healthy lifestyle & dietary habits is quite helpful in the long run. On the other hand, the techniques mentioned above can be practiced once or twice in a week to ward off the issues that can affect the health of the nails.
[Also Read: Olive Oil Benefits for Nails ]
1. Is It Better to Cut or File Nails?
Experts recommend filing nails as they help you in getting the desired shape and also prevents splitting or breaking. Also, make sure to file in one direction to avoid the weakening of the nails.
2. Can Fingernails Absorb Oil?
Yes, nails do absorb oil but slower than water. The oil also provides flexibility to the nails.