Pain during sex accompanied by foul discharge indicates an STI known as Chlamydia. It is a common infection that does not shows its symptoms soon. But when they show up, you can be in much trouble. Though the infection isn’t threatening but the symptoms may cause much discomfort.Further, it is contagious and you can spread it to others. Cure it easily at home by using some simple remedies for how to treat Chlamydia.
What is Chlamydia?
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease. Chlamydia in men can infect urethra while in women it can infect cervix as well. Besides, the infection can also occur in the throat, eyes or rectum.
Chlamydia is caused by Chlamydia trachomatis, a bacteria that lives in the tissues which line the openings of your body.
How do you get Chlamydia?
Having unprotected sex (oral, vaginal or anal) with an infected person can give you chlamydia infection. Also, it can be passed on from an infected mother to her child during birth.
The incubation period of Chlamydia is one to three weeks, i.e., the signs of chlamydia show up one to three weeks after exposure to the bacteria.
- Pain during urination and sex
- Clear or cloudy discharge from the penis
- Itching and burning sensation on the tip of the penis
- Abnormal yellowish vaginal discharge
- Bleeding between periods
- Pain during urination and sex
- Itching and burning in the vagina or around it
[ Read: All About Circumcision ]
How long does it take for chlamydia to go away?
Generally, the infection gets cured within seven days of starting the treatment.
Natural remedies for how to treat Chlamydia
Chlamydia in womenas well as men can create trouble if left untreated; hence on the slightestsymptom, you must get it diagnosed. While there are medical treatments for it,you can also opt for home remedies that are quite effective in treating the infection. Further, these have no adverse effects on your body. Here are simple home cures for how to treat Chlamydia.
1. Foods that may help treat Chlamydia
· How to cure Chlamydia with Garlic?
Garlic is not only a popular flavoring agent in food but is also being used in medicine for years. It has potent properties that can treat numerous conditions including Chlamydia. You can effectively heal Chlamydia in mouth, throat or rectum with Garlic.
How to use?
- Take one to two fresh garlic cloves
- Chew them
Benefits of garlic
Garlic contains a compound known as Allicin which has potent antiviral, antibacterial, antiprotozoal and antifungal properties. These make it highly effective in fighting off the infection and inhibiting the growth of bacteria. Thus, garlic is an excellent remedy for how to treat chlamydia.
You must not consume more than four cloves of garlic in a day. Excessive consumption of garlic may lead to nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Also, people who have diabetes should consult their doctor before using the garlic treatment.
2. Herbal Treatments for getting rid of Chlamydia
·How to treat Chlamydia with Echinacea?
Chlamydia discharge is sticky and stingy. It may cause much discomfort and embarrassment. Chlamydia discharge color is slightly yellowish. If you are suffering from abnormal vaginal discharge which is yellowish and has a typical odor, then it might be that you have contracted chlamydia infection. Alleviate the trouble with Echinacea. It is an amazing herb that can treat several STDs including Chlamydia. Use it to clear Chlamydia symptoms.
How to use?
- Take a few fresh or dried Echinacea leaves
- Boil them in water
- Let it steep for about thirty minutes
- After that, strain the mixture and consume it
- You should drink the tea at least three to four times a day for several days to clear the infection
- Other than the tea, you can also take Echinacea tinctures or capsules
Benefits of Echinacea
Echinacea is a powerful herb with excellent properties that can treat Chlamydia STD. It is antimicrobial, hence aids in fighting off the bacteria causing the infection and strengthens your immune system. It acts as a lymph cleanser that kills not only the chlamydia bacteria but also several other pathogens.
If consuming Echinacea tea, it is advised that you do no mix any other ingredients or sugar to it so as to get optimal benefits.
· How to treat Chlamydia with turmeric?
The yellow spice is completely magical when it comes to your body. The medicinal properties of the herb are well-known. Turmeric can benefit you in many ways including treating chlamydia and its terrible symptoms. Get rid of chlamydia rash or oral chlamydia easily by using turmeric. It is one of the best remedies for how to treat Chlamydia.
How to use?
- Add turmeric and black pepper to a warm cup of milk
- Drink turmeric milk two times a day to alleviate the symptoms of chlamydia in the throat
- Alternatively, you can sprinkle turmeric in your food
Benefits of turmeric
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and contains a high amountof antioxidants that help fight the infection and accelerate the healing process.Add it to your diet to treat anal Chlamydia. It serves as a potent remedy against the disease.
Excessive consumption of turmeric may upset your stomach or cause other health troubles. Hence, you must take it in moderation.
· How to get rid of Chlamydia with goldenseal?
Chlamydia can also affect your eyes. To prevent the infection from affecting your eyes, use goldenseal. It is an effective remedy for treating chlamydia in the eye.
How to use?
- You can take goldenseal tablets or capsules. The recommended dosage for tablets is four to six grams
- Or you can also consume 2 milliliters of goldenseal extract three to four times a day
- Prepare a douche using goldenseal capsule, one cup of warm water and one-fourth teaspoon of salt. Use the douche two times a day to get rid of the rectal or vaginal infection
Benefits of goldenseal
Goldenseal is known to be a natural antibiotic that stimulates your immune system and aids in fighting the infection. Studies show that berberine, a plant alkaloid found in goldenseal has strong antimicrobial properties that can help treat the disease.
If consuming goldenseal limit your intake to the recommended dosage. Also, do not consume it for more than three weeks.
3. Essential oils for treating Chlamydia
· How to get rid of Chlamydia with Tea tree oil?
Tea tree oil is a potent essential oil which can be used for curing Chlamydia on the penis or vagina. Know how to treat chlamydia with tea tree oil.
How to use?
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil in warm water
- Wash your infected genitals with this solution
- Do this remedy daily to heal chlamydia in the vagina or the penis
Benefits of tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has potent properties that provide significant relief from the pain and itching due to the infection. Further, it is antimicrobial; hence, inhibits the growth of bacteria. Tea tree oil accelerates the healing process and effectively helps in recovering from the infection.
Tea tree oil, if used in undiluted form can cause an allergic reaction. Hence, you must use it in diluted form only. It is recommended that you do a skin patch test before using this remedy. Rub some amount of diluted oil on your skin, if it stings badly or causes inflammation,then wash the area immediately and do not use the remedy.
Chlamydia vs. Gonorrhea: Know the Difference
Chlamydia and Gonorrhea, both are sexually transmitted diseases and can infect both men and women. Their symptoms are also similar. The only difference between them is that chlamydia is caused by bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis whereas gonorrhea is caused by bacterium Neisseria gonorrhea.
How to prevent Chlamydia?
Every sexually active person is at the risk of developing the infection. However, few tips mentioned below can help prevent getting the infection or spreading it to others.
- Use a condom while having vaginal or anal sex
- Use a condom on the penis or dental dam during oral sex
- Do not share your sex toys
Chlamydia is not a severe infection and can be easily cured.You can get rid of its annoying symptoms and quicken the healing process by following the home remedies for how to treat chlamydia. These remedies can help in inhibiting the growth of bacteria and prevent it from spreading;thus these quicken the healing process. Please note that the infection does not go away on its own; hence you must treat it. If left untreated it can spread to the other parts of your body and may cause severe health conditions like pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) or reactive arthritis. Treat the infection quickly by using the home remedies and prevent it from spreading to others.