It is not only you who is scared of a spider, but a spider also gets frightened by you. So when you both come across each other, some shrieks or bites are bound to happen. A frightened spider when in close contact with you might bite you in his defense which will leave you with a red, inflamed mark. Spider bites do contain venom but the venom of most of the species is not that toxic for humans.
Thus most of the spider bites and the marks are easily curable at home. So instead of spending money on expensive conventional treatments try natural remedies that give you quick results without making a hole in your pocket. Read on to find out about the home remedies on how to treat a spider bite quickly
How does a spider bite look like?
A spider bite is a dermatological reaction that occurs when a spider bites the victim. A spider bite causes redness and swelling of the affected area of the skin. The infection is usually harmless unless the spider is a giant furry monster like a venomous black widow.
How to spot a spider bite from other skin issues?
Spider bites have very distinct symptoms. Some of them are:
- Pain and swelling of the affected area of the skin
- Redness of the skin
- The appearance of red rashes on the skin
- Muscle cramps
- Perspiration and shortness of breath
- A headache, nausea, and vomiting
- Fever and chills
- Swelling of the lymph nodes
- High blood pressure
Seven powerful remedies on how to treat a spider bite at home
Did know that the raw juice of onions can heal a spider bite in no time? No? Then try out right now.
How to use onions?
- Take an average-sized onion and chop it into pieces
- Take the juicy slices of the onion and rub them all over the affected area of the skin
- Let the juice remain on the surface for about a few minutes
- Rinse it off with plain water
- Apply the onion slices thrice or four times a day for the best results
- Follow this home remedy on a daily basis, and the spider bite will heal quickly
Benefits of using onions
Onion juice is one of the best home remedies for healing wounds and spider bites. You can apply it to any part of the skin, including the facial skin. Onion juice contains a host of anti-inflammatory compounds which work to heal the infection and inflammation of the skin.
The pungent juice is also helpful for the alleviation of the pain and swelling of the affected area.
2. Turmeric powder
A pinch of raw turmeric powder goes a long way for how to treat a spider bite for it to heal fresh and deep spider bites.
How to use turmeric powder?
- For the preparation of this remedy, you need turmeric powder and a little olive oil.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to a teaspoon of turmeric powder to make a paste. Adjust the consistency to make sure that the paste is thick and even.
- Smear the paste all over the affected area of the skin. Spread it thick and even and let it stand for about 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse the paste off with tepid water.
- Follow this home remedy twice or thrice a day on a daily basis for the natural treatment of the spider bite
Benefits of using turmeric
Turmeric is an ancient home remedy for insect stings and spider bites. It possesses potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antiseptic properties which work in combination to heal the skin and restore it to health.
The topical application of the paste turmeric powder and olive oil on the skin helps in healing the inflammation, swelling, and soreness of the skin. Turmeric powder is also useful for combating skin rashes caused by the spider bite.
3. Lemon juice
The application of lemon juice is one of the best natural remedies of how to treat a spider bite.
How to use lemon juice?
- Take a fresh and juicy lemon and squeeze it to extract its juice.
- Apply the lemon juice all over the affected area of the skin. Soak your skin with the lemon juice and leave it on for about 15 minutes or at least until the fluid dries out completely.
- Rinse the lemon juice off the skin with plain water.
- Alternatively, you can slice a lemon in half and rub the juicy lemon slice all over the skin.
- Follow this home remedy in every couple of hours to heal the spider bite.
Benefits of using lemon juice
Lemon juice works like magic for the natural treatment of spider bites. The application of the tart lemon juice helps in the alleviation of the pain and itchiness of the skin. Lemon juice acts as an astringent which aids in the cure of skin rashes and swelling caused by the bite of the spider.
Lemon juice is anti-inflammatory which helps in curing the inflammation and infection of the skin.
4. Aloe Vera
Nothing soothes the skin better than the cooling Aloe Vera gel. Apply the fresh gel on the surface to treat a spider bite naturally and effectively.
How to use Aloe Vera?
- Pluck a fresh leaf of Aloe Vera off the plant and slice it to extract its gel.
- Scoop the gel out and place it in a dish
- Apply the Aloe Vera gel directly to the part of the skin that is affected by the snake bite
- Smear the portion of the affected surface surrounding the spider bite with the gel as well.
- Rinse the gel off with plain water after about half an hour.
- Apply the gel in every 2-3 hours on a daily basis to heal the pain and infection of the skin.
Benefits of using Aloe Vera
The cooling nature of the Aloe Vera gel helps to soothe the pain and swelling of the skin. The gel possesses a host of medicinal value like anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antioxidant properties which work in unison to provide relief from itchiness, swelling, and soreness of the skin.
The application of the gel accelerates the recovery from the spider bite and keeps the skin hydrated and nourished as well.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a tonic that can heal almost every dermatological condition and needless to say one of the best ways of how to treat a spider bite at home.
How to use apple cider vinegar?
- Fill a saucepan with a glass of water and place the pan over a low flame. Heat the water slightly until it becomes considerably warm.
- Pour the lukewarm water into a glass and add two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar to it. Stir the water to prepare a solution of diluted apple cider vinegar.
- Drink this daily on an empty stomach to heal the infection of the skin.
- Alternatively, fill a spray bottle with the diluted solution of apple cider vinegar and then spray the affected area of the surface with the apple cider vinegar twice a day on a daily basis to heal the surface slowly.
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar possesses potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which work to heal the infection of the skin. Spraying diluted apple cider vinegar helps in curing the pain and redness of the surface. It eases the itchiness and reduces the inflammation as well.
Apple cider vinegar helps in the maintenance of the pH value of the skin which is helpful for the alleviation of the infection caused by the spider bites.
[Read: Cure Rabies Naturally]
The root vegetable, potato, is god for the cure of the inflammation and infection of the skin caused by spider bites.
How to use potatoes?
- Rinse a potato and peel it completely. Rinse the potato again and chop it into thin slices.
- Place the juicy and tender slices of the potato on the affected part of the skin.
- Secure the slices with duct tape to make sure that the potato slices remain in the position.
- Let the potato slices stay on the surface for about 15 minutes. Remove the duct tape and then rinse the potato juice off the skin with plain water.
- Alternatively, you can rub the affected parts of the skin with potato slices to heal the spider bites.
Benefits of using potatoes
The juice extracted from sliced potatoes possesses excellent curative properties which work to soothe the skin and heal the infection. Potato juice helps to cleanse the skin, and its antibacterial properties work to inhibit the infection and swelling of the affected area.
The juice of peppermint leaves is excellent for the natural cure of spider bites.
How to use peppermint?
- Pluck a handful of fresh peppermint leaves.
- Pound the leaves using a pestle and then grind the crushed leaves to extract the peppermint juice.
- Apply the peppermint juice all over the affected part of the skin. Let the fluid remain on the surface for about half an hour.
- Rinse the peppermint leaf paste off with plain water and follow this remedy twice or thrice a day to treat a spider bite.
Benefits of using peppermint
The juice of peppermint leaves soothes the burning sensation of the skin and works to relieve the pain with its analgesic nature. Peppermint juice contains menthol which helps in healing the pain, inflammation, swelling, and itchiness of the affected part of the skin.
A few words of precaution
- Do not apply anything to the skin without conducting a patch test to make sure that the skin is not allergic to the remedies.
- Do not apply anything in excess as that might trigger adverse skin reactions.
A spider bite can be painful and scary even, but follow through with the home remedies for how to treat a spider bite to heal the infection in no time. If in any case, the pain and infection persist, then consult a physician immediately. The home remedies are ancient and incredibly useful which can definitely cure the spider bite and nourish the skin as well.