The arrival of a new pimple ruins your morning and gives your day a terrible start. But what can you do about it? The red pimples can occur anytime and anywhere. These are common but loathed as they can completely ruin your look and cause much embarrassment.
If you are facing pimple troubles and hate the unusual redness of your skin, then try some amazing home remedies for how to reduce pimple redness.
Compared to the conventional treatments these do not harm your skin or dry it out. Instead, these can provide your skin with some spectacular benefits.
How to reduce pimple redness naturally
Listed below are some of the best natural treatments that you can follow to reduce the appearance of red pimples on the skin effectively. Their continuous application can provide you with healthy and beautiful skin. Continue reading to know how to reduce pimple redness.
1. Foods that may be of help
· How to reduce pimple redness with lemon juice?
In your pantry reside some wondrous solutions for all your skin troubles. Lemon is one such effective home remedy for getting rid of red pimple marks.
How to use?
- Take a lemon
- Squeeze out the fresh lemon juice
- Add to it a few drops of rose water
- Apply it on the affected area
- Leave it for half an hour and then wash it off
Benefits of lemon juice
Lemon juice has some marvelous properties that can help you get rid of the inflammation and take the redness out of a pimple. Use it two times a week and see a significant reduction in red pimples on your skin.
Lemon is acidic hence use it with rose water that has a cooling effect and effectively reduces the acidic effect of lemon.
· Foods to eat
If you wish to get rid of acne marks and reduce their redness, then add the following to your diet:
- Yogurt and other probiotics
- Foods rich in antioxidants like berries and
- Foods rich in zinc like almonds and cashews
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids like walnuts and salmons
· Foods to avoid
Eliminate the following foods from your diet as these can worsen the situation.
- Foods with high Glycemic index
- Dairy products
- Whey protein
2. Herbal treatments for reducing the redness of pimples
· How to get rid of pimple redness with aloe vera?
Aloe vera is a potent plant with some fantastic properties. It is highly beneficial for your skin and hence is widely used in various beauty treatments. It is also an excellent remedy for how to reduce pimple redness. Got a big red pimple on the nose or is there a red pimple on the penile shaft? Eliminate them all with fresh aloe vera gel.
How to use?
- Take a leaf of aloe vera
- Cut it and squeeze out the clear aloe vera gel
- Apply the gel on the affected area
- Repeat the remedy one to two times a day
Benefits of aloe vera gel
Aloe vera has potent anti-inflammatory and healing properties that effectively reduce the redness caused by pimples. Further, its application also inhibits the build-up of bacteria on your skin thus preventing infection.
You must use freshly extracted aloe vera gel only. If you are purchasing a bottle of aloe vera gel, then make sure that it contains pure gel and does not have added ingredients.
3. Essential oils to eliminate pimple redness
· How to remove pimples and their redness with tea tree essential oil?
Red pimples on buttocks, arms, etc., can be easily treated by tea tree essential oil.
How to use?
- Dilute a few drops of tea tree essential oil in a carrier oil
- Apply the blend on the pimples using a cotton ball
Benefits of tea tree essential oil
Tea tree Essential Oil has potent anti-inflammatory and healing properties that make it an excellent remedy for how to reduce pimple redness. Further, it being antimicrobial prevents the build-up of bacteria on the skin and prevents further acne breakouts. You can even add tea tree oil to your body wash and use it to treat red pimples on the chest, arms, or other body parts. The red pimples on the scalp can also be addressed by adding a few drops of tea tree oil to your regular shampoo.
You must dilute tea tree oil with a carrier oil.
4. Home remedies for reducing pimple redness
How to reduce pimple redness with Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar is highly effective in treating pimples and reducing their redness. You can use it to remove a red pimple on the nose, breast, etc. It works like magic and does not leave behind any scar.
How to use?
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in an equal quantity of water
- Apply the solution on the red pimple on breast, nose or other affected areas
- Leave it for about ten minutes and then wash off
Benefits of Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has acidic and anti-inflammatory properties that help kill the bacteria build-up on the skin and reduce the inflammation and redness. Regular application of apple cider vinegar will not only eliminate the pimples but will also remove the scars.
You must use apple cider vinegar in diluted form only as the direct application may burn your skin. Also, you must not use it on open cuts or wounds.
5. Natural treatments to reduce pimple redness
· How to get rid of pimple redness with coconut oil?
Coconut oil is one of the best treatments for how to reduce pimple redness. It is a safe remedy, and you can use it anywhere on your skin. So bid farewell to the red pimples on arms, legs or face and effectively reduce their redness with coconut oil.
How to use?
- Take some amount of virgin coconut oil
- Apply it directly on the acne-prone area
Benefits of Coconut oil
Coconut oil has compounds that can destroy acne-causing bacteria. Add to it, the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil help in reducing the redness and swelling.
Do a skin patch test to know your skin’s sensitivity to coconut oil.
Acne-Prone red skin is not a delight. You might face much embarrassment due to it. Get rid of it by using the remedies mentioned above for how to reduce pimple redness. These give you visible results in no time.