Nails are one of the most precious assets, especially for women. It is essential to keep your nails intact and pleasant to look at as they increase the beauty of your hands and feet. But as it is said, eve tory good-looking thing requires great care, and so do your nails.
They also require a lot of pampering and care, and if something goes wrong it may develop that yellow or pale color. So, do you have yellow nails? Or do you ever wonder ‘why are my nails yellow at the tip?’ Or maybe what do yellow nails mean? Need not to worry as we have natural ways on how to get rid of yellow nails.
They also require a lot of pampering and care, and if something goes wrong it may develop that yellow or pale color. So, do you have yellow nails? Or do you ever wonder ‘why are my nails yellow at the tip?’ Or maybe what does yellow nails mean? Need not worry as we have natural ways on how to get rid of yellow nails.
Before moving forward, you must know the cause of yellow nails. The primary cause of yellow nails is due to fungal infection. Another cause for your nails turning yellow can be due to deficiency of vitamins and minerals. Only in rare cases, they turn yellow because of medical conditions such as cancer, thyroid, psoriasis, and diabetes.
Natural ways to get rid of the yellow nails
How to get rid of yellow nails with the help of foods?
Lemon juice for yellow nail syndrome
Lemon juice is one of the best remedies on how to get rid of yellow nails. It has a high pH value which helps to avoid yellow nails.
How to use
- There are many ways that you can use this acidic fruit to your benefit
- Take a lemon and cut it into two halves. Rub the lemon directly on each of your nails for 30 to 60 seconds. Let the juice settle for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse it off with water
- Alternatively, use cotton balls to apply the lemon juice on your nails
The citric acid in this fruit helps to get rid of yellowing nails
Fruit and fruit skins for nails turning yellow
If you feel that every edible thing is useful, then you are not wrong. You can use peels of certain fruits such as oranges and berries for how to get rid of yellow nails.
How to use
- Save the skin of an orange and rub it on your nails 2 to 3 times a day. You will get the result in a few weeks
- Crush a few juniper berries and add them in warm water. Soak your nails in it for 20 minutes. Do this once in a day before going to bed
- Even orange being a citric fruit helps to get rid of yellow nails
- The juniper berries will curb yellowing nails, and your nails will smell good
- Nutrition plays a vital role in your health, and you can bank on it. It helps in how to get rid of yellow nails
Foods to eat:
Increase the intake of vitamin E foods in your diet for how to get rid of yellow nails
- Vegetable oils
- Sunflower seeds
- Green leafy vegetable
Foods to avoid:
In the case of yellow nail syndrome, go on a low-fat diet and avoid foods with fatty acids.
Intake of vitamin E helps to increase calcium content thus making the nails healthy.
How to get rid of yellow nails using essential oils?
How to use:
- Use tea tree oil to get rid of yellow nails
- Mix 1 to two drops of tea tree oil with any carrier oil such as coconut oil or jojoba oil
- Apply this mixture to get rid to your yellow nails
Tea tree oil helps to curb the growth of nail fungus which helps you on how to get rid of yellow nails.
Use oregano oil to reduce yellow nails
How to use:
- Take 1 to 2 drops of the oregano oil and mix it with any carrier oil like the coconut oil or jojoba oil
- Apply it and get rid of those unsightly yellow nail tips and yellow nail beds
- The oregano oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties. These properties help to alleviate the yellow nail fungus
- Also, the application of tea tree oil is the answer for how to get rid of yellow toenails
How to get rid of yellow nails using home remedies or DIYs?
Use baking soda to avoid yellow nails
How to use:
- Take warm water and add baking soda to it
- Soak your nails in this mixture for how to get rid of yellow nails
- Baking soda has alkaline properties, and the pH level is not acidic. It helps to have clear nails
How to get rid of yellow nails with natural treatments?
Use hydrogen peroxide to cure yellow nails
How to use:
- Take warm water and add hydrogen peroxide to it
- Soaking your nails in this mixture will lighten the yellowing nails
- Add baking soda to it. It is the solution on how to whiten yellow nails
- Hydrogen peroxide has an oxidizing ability, and it helps to remove yellow stains
How to get rid of yellow nails with the help of supplements?
Supplements are another useful remedy for how to get rid of yellow nails. The topical application of Vitamin E supplement on your nails can help in decreasing the yellow nails syndrome. It also helps them in retaining moisture. Vitamin E makes your nails look healthy and strong. For even better results you can try combining vitamin E supplement with zinc.
- Vitamin E and zinc supplements are a very well-known remedy for yellow nails. They help you get rid of yellow nails easily. Apart from yellow nails, vitamin E also makes your skin and hair look great
- Always apply a base coat before using any nail polish. Use light and natural nail paint colors and avoid red, orange and yellow nail polish. Limit the use of nail polish remover to once a week. Use a nail polish remover does not contain acetone
- Consult your doctor before taking any oral medication or supplements as they may have side effects in some instances
- Take good care of your nails. Wash your hands properly after any activity you do, or whenever required. Use good quality soap and do not miss out on cleaning underneath the nails. It will help you get rid of light-yellow nails. However, at times this can indicate a medical condition
- Do not bite your nails
- Always keep your nails and cuticles moisturized
Nails are a quintessential part of the body, and it is essential to take good care of them. While you are aware of the basic precautions, you should always pay heed to such small tips rather than letting the problem aggravate. Also, in case you have yellow nails, you can quickly get rid of them using these natural remedies.
Only in case of medical conditions, you can seek doctor’s advice, and they will always have a right answer on how to get rid of yellow nails in case of a syndrome. So, sit back and be patient while you get rid of these stains.