Plantar warts may seem a tiny problem, but it’s not the view of the people who suffer from it. It is unimaginable how irritating and painful these warts can get. However, natural remedies never disappoint. If you are looking for ways on how to get rid of plantar warts naturally, you are at the absolute right place.
Read on to discover magical remedies for a permanent cure from plantar warts. Before going any further, it is essential to understand what plantar warts are and what causes them.
What are plantar warts?
Plantar warts(1) refer to the tiny growths which may appear on the heels of the feet and other parts of the body which have to bear weight like hands, fingers, toes, elbow, etc. This pressure may sometimes cause plantar warts to grow on the inside in the thick layer of the skin called Callus.
Plantar warts are non-cancerous growths and are not a serious concern. They are not harmful, but they are contagious. Most people encounter plantar warts or any other type of warts once in their lifetime. However, sometimes these warts may be quite painful and cause infection and require immediate attention.
[Also Read: How to Get Rid of Warts Naturally]
What causes plantar warts?
It is essential to look at the causes first if you are in search of an answer to how to get rid of plantar warts. Plant warts may be the result of HPV or Papillomavirus. The HPV is a virus which enters your body through the small cuts, weak spots, openings, or other breaks on the bottom of your feet.
Plantar warts thrive in the warm and moist environment. Pressure and excessive weight on a specific part of the body may cause plantar warts. Plantar wart removal through natural remedies is an accurate way to start. The journey may be long, but it is worth every second invested.
What are the risk factors associated with plantar warts?
A few risk factors that associate with plantar warts include:
- People with flat feet encounter the issue more than others
- People who have sweating feet face the problem more than others
- People with a weak immune system are more prone to the disease than others
- People who have a family history of the disease are more prone to encounter the condition
Best Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Plantar Warts
Never get perplexed anymore about how to get rid of plantar warts. Instead, sweep them away with the help of the below-mentioned remedies to cure them effectively.
1. Foods that help in treating plantar warts
Reach out to garlic for help
The garlic that we use it in our kitchen is a powerhouse of properties that help to cure many ailments in the body naturally. If you want to heal stubborn warts without any burning sensation or itch on the skin, then opt for garlic.
How to use?
- Cut thin slices of garlic cloves
- Apply it to the affected area and cover it with duct tape
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes
- Remove the tape and wash the area
- You can repeat this process multiple times a day as per your convenience
Benefits of garlic
Garlic contains allicin that gives garlic its vital essence. The acidic properties of garlic help to cure warts when applied regularly. The natural anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties of garlic work wonder for many ailments.
The golden ingredient Turmeric proves useful
Turmeric is a golden ingredient commonly found in our households. But, make sure you use organic or pure turmeric and do a patch test before to check if your skin is not allergic to it.
How to use?
- Take two teaspoons of turmeric in a bowl
- Add enough water to make a thick paste
- Apply it over warts and keep it for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
- You can repeat this process thrice a day for effective removal
Benefits of turmeric
It is extremely beneficial and useful for the cure of many skin problems and hence for plantar warts too. The antiseptic properties of turmeric not only remove warts but also leaves no scar behind(3).
[Read: Essential Oils for Plantar Warts]
Best foods for plantar warts
- Include in your diet as many as leafy vegetables as you can to make sure your immune system is strong enough to fight off the virus that causes plantar warts like spinach, cabbage, kale, etc.
- Include fruits rich in Vitamins in your diet like apples, pumpkin, tomatoes, bell peppers, cherries, blueberries, etc.
- Herbs like oregano and garlic prove miraculous.
- Take a protein-rich diet. Include fish and lean meats in your diet. Beans and almonds are as beneficial.
Foods to avoid for plantar warts
- Cut back a little on dairy products.
- Eating processed and deep-fried food may be harmful.
- High sugar content food items have a negative impact.
2. Removes plantar warts on the top and others with herbal treatment
Aloe Vera gel: The best herbal treatment for plantar warts
Wondering how to get rid of plantar warts with aloe vera gel? Aloe Vera gel is an excellent natural remedy to remove plantar warts. It is free from chemicals, processing, manufacturing and is purely natural. Aloe vera doesn’t harm the skin in any way and is suitable for use for children and on sensitive skin.
How to use?
- The nature of aloe vera gel is mild hence you can directly apply it to the skin
- You can add the gel to your night skincare routine
- The results come in a month or so
- You can smear the gel on sensitive skin and use it for children as well
- It has no side effects and does not harm the skin in any way
Benefits of aloe vera
Aloe Vera gel reduces the inflammation of the skin with plantar warts and has a cooling effect on the surface of the skin. It balances the moisture of the body, soothes the skin, and makes the toes and feet sweat free. The gel has healing properties and improves the condition of the skin. It reduces the risk of skin to get prone to any bacterial, viral or fungal infection.
[Read: Natural Treatment for Warts]
Aloe vera is very safe regarding usage but if you are taking any over the counter gel then make sure it is not expired. In case you are scooping out the flesh from aloe vera leaves, then follow proper hygiene while doing so and store it in a clean jar.
3. Essential oils for plantar warts in children and adults
Use Tea Tree Essential Oil for Plantar Warts in Children
Tea tree oil is quite versatile in usage and is one of the best essential oils for warts. Also, the oil is quite mild and nourishing, so, it is safe to use for children as it will not harm or hurt their skin(2).
How to use?
- Tea tree oil is mild, and you can apply it directly to your skin
- You can use the oil for sensitive areas also like in between toes and fingers
- Many products are available in the market which contains tea tree oil in them
- Usually, many creams, options, shampoos, and soaps are available in the market with tea tree oil
Benefits of tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has antibacterial, antimicrobial and healing properties which reduce the pain and tenderness of the skin due to plantar warts. It accelerates the healing of the wound, and its antifungal properties help to treat warts quickly. It improves the condition of the skin and balances the moisture level of the surface as well.
Never use the oil directly on to your skin. Always dilute it with a carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil. Perform patch tests before you use tea tree oil to check your skin’s sensitivity.
[Read: Home Remedies for Genital Warts]
4. Home remedies to treat plantar wart seeds
Duct tape for plantar warts is the easiest home remedy
Duct tape is the easiest at-home trick to get rid of plantar wart root.
How to use?
- Cut a little piece of duct tape of the same size as that of the wart and place it on the warts
- Let it stay for six days
- After six days, let go of the plantar wart duct tape
- Soak the affected part in lukewarm water
- It will soften the dead layer of skin on the top of the wart
- Use a pumice stone to buff the top layer of the wart
- You can use a nail filer also
- Change the duct tape for another six days
- Continue the process for a few weeks for results
Benefits of duct tape
Duct tape traps out all the moisture that exaggerates its growth and make the skin dry. The remedy is pain-free and easy to implement. You can use it for children and sensitive skin.
Make sure that the duct tape is placed properly and doesn’t allow dirt or other agents to enter to cause infection. If it gets wet and uncomfortable, change it accordingly.
[Read: Banana Peel for Warts]
5. How to get rid of plantar warts with natural treatment?
Take a baking soda bath to relax and get rid of plantar warts
Baking soda has antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling, itching, redness, and cool down the affected area of the body.
How to use?
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda in the water tub.
- Make sure the water is warm.
- Soak yourself in the water for a minimum of twenty minutes.
- Pat dry after a bath.
- Make sure to moisturize your skin essentially.
Benefits of baking soda bath
Baking soda has antiseptic properties which heal the redness and patches of plantar warts. The astringent in the baking soda makes the moisture from plantar warts go away. It exfoliates the skin and reduces the infections on the skin due to bacteria and viruses.
Most of the above-mentioned natural remedies correctly answer your query of how to get rid of plantar warts effectively without the use of chemicals. You can practice the solutions at home with natural products which are cheap and are available in the market quickly.
Thus, it is always advisable to try out these natural and home remedies before switching to any medication. Natural remedies may take time to show results, but, they are most active and also have long-lasting repercussions.