Besides being unsightly, ingrown hair scars can be painful, irritating and hard to treat. They can appear anywhere on the face, arms and legs and even on the scalp. In-short any part of the body that is exposed to razor or threading is prone to getting the hair scars.
Ingrown hair scars occur due to blotchy threading of hair, shaving with a blunt razor, uneven waxing and irregular secretion of hormones.
They make the body hair become stubby and needle-like and generate painful sensations at the slightest touch. The problem is worrisome, but you can take a sigh of relief as here are provided effective remedies for how to get rid of ingrown hair scars.
Read more: How to Cure Razor Burns
Top 10 Fantastic Natural Remedies for treating Ingrown Hair Scars
Ingrown hair scars manifest in the form of painful pustules and itchy bumps on the skin. However, to get immediate and permanent relief from the ingrown hair scars, you can follow through with the amazing natural remedies elucidated below on how to get rid of ingrown hair scars.
1. Use Baking Soda to clear ingrown Hair Scars on Legs
Baking soda can inhibit the growth of ingrown hair after shaving and aid in the natural healing of ingrown hair scars on legs. The anti-inflammatory and soothing nature of baking soda makes it highly effective in treating ingrown hair scars(1).
- Prepare a paste by mixing 2 teaspoons of baking soda in 4 tablespoons of water
- Mix it until it attains a smooth consistency
- Smear your skin with the paste and keep it on for about 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water
It is a perfect remedy for how to get rid of ingrown hair scars.
[Read: Get Rid of Ingrown Hair on Legs]
2. Milk and Cucumber paste is effective for removing Ingrown Hair on C Section Scar
This is one of the best ways for removal of ingrown hair on C Section scar.
- Grate a few slices of fresh cucumber
- Add 4 tablespoons of milk to it
- Refrigerate the mixture
- Apply the chilled mixture to the region with ingrown hair scars.
The anti-inflammatory and exfoliant action of cucumber and milk make it highly effective especially for how to get rid of ingrown hair scars.
3. Use Olive Oil and Sugar to remove Ingrown Hair Scars on Black Skin
This serves for an excellent natural scrub for removing ingrown hair scars on the skin by exfoliation(2).
- Prepare the scrub by combining 2 teaspoons of small granulated sugar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Scrub the affected area of skin wrought with ingrown hair scars with the exfoliant paste
- Do this thrice in a week on the stomach, face and other parts of the body
4. How to get rid of Ingrown Hair Scars using Aloe Vera
The antifungal and antibacterial properties of aloe vera make it highly beneficial for curing ingrown hair scars. It soothes the skin and can be applied regularly to treat the trouble.
- Smear the affected skin with freshly extracted aloe vera gel
- Keep it on for about half an hour
- Rinse your skin with cold water
- Do this daily for the scars to disappear
This is an effective treatment for ingrown hair scars.
Recommended: Health Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
5. How to get rid of Ingrown Hair Scars using Salt Solution
Salt is a natural exfoliant and when mixed with warm water, the combination can be excellently effective for sloughing off dead skin cells and getting rid of unsightly skin bumps.
- Fill a cup with warm water
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt to it
- Apply the solution to the ingrown hair scars on the body using cotton balls
Do this daily solve ingrown hair scars trouble.
6. Honey is an excellent remedy to clear Ingrown Hair Scars on the Face
The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory nature of honey helps in the removal of ingrown hair scars(3). Its application alleviates the pain and soothes the skin considerably.
- Mix a tablespoon of raw honey with 2 teaspoons of rose water
- Smear the mixture all over the ingrown hair scars region
- Keep it on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water
The natural healing property of honey makes it very beneficial for getting rid of ingrown hair scars on the face.
7. Use Peels of Potatoes to clear ingrown hair scars on stomach
- Boil some large potatoes
- Peel the potatoes after they get suitably boiled and soft
- Place the peels over the ingrown hair scars
- Attach them to the skin with tapes in such a way that the fleshy side of the peel stays in contact with the skin
- Rip off the tapes and peels after about 6-7 hours
- Rinse the area with cold water
- Do this thrice in a week for the ingrown hair scars to heal
The vitamin C contained in the potato peels makes for a remarkably effective remedy for getting rid of ingrown hair scars on the stomach. It also helps to keeps acne and dark spots at bay.
8. Remove ingrown hairs bikini line scars using Powdered Cornstarch
Prepare a thin and starchy ingrown hair removal mask.
- Mix a tablespoon of powdered cornstarch in a cup of lukewarm water
- Smear the affected area of the skin with the paste preferably with the use of cotton swabs
- Keep it on for about a few hours
- Rinse it off with cold water
- Do this thrice in a week for the ingrown hairs bikini line scars to heal
Cornstarch soothes the pain and its antibacterial properties inhibit microbial action and accelerate the process of healing.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar effectively aids in the removal of ingrown hair scars
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar with plain water
- Apply it all over the ingrown hair scars using a cotton ball
- Rinse your skin with water after about half an hour
Do this daily as a natural remedy for how to get rid of ingrown hair scars. The strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar make it highly beneficial for the natural cure of ingrown hair scars.
10. Apply Lime Juice to treat the ingrown hair scars
- Smear the skin areas infested with ingrown hair scars with freshly extracted lime juice.
- Rinse your skin with cold water after about 10 minutes
- Do this daily for the healing of scars
The rich vitamin C content in lemon makes it incredibly beneficial for treating ingrown hair scars on arms, face, legs, stomach and pubic region.