What usually follows a round of fine dining is the burning sensation of acidity and indigestion. Indigestion or difficulty in the digestion of food is a common ailment that affects everyone across the globe. The disease usually gets cured in just a day and can be effectively controlled within a few hours as well. Read on to find out about how to get rid of indigestion with the most unusual and effective home remedies.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Indigestion
What is indigestion?
Indigestion (medically known as dyspepsia) is a condition that affects the digestive system. It gets characterized by pain and discomfort in the upper abdominal region. You can associate Indigestion with painful bloating, flatulence, heartburn, and loss of appetite.
What causes indigestion?
Some of the different causes of indigestion are as follows.
- Inflammation of the gastric system or gastritis
- Inflammation of the duodenum
- The presence of peptic ulcer
- Blockage of the intestines or intestinal helminths
- Consumption of excessive pain-killers and antibiotics
- Excess intake of alcohol
- Lactose intolerance
- Anxiety, stress, and depression
- Gastric cancer
What are the signs of indigestion?
Here are some of the most uncomfortable indigestion symptoms that will tell you exactly what does indigestion feel like.
- Abdominal bloating
- Acidic reflux
- Bleaching and burping
- Nausea and vomiting
- The feeling of fullness and loss of appetite
- Constipation and irritable bowel syndrome
How long does indigestion last?
Mild to moderate indigestion does not last for more than a few hours when treated with home remedies. Severe indigestion can last for weeks and needs to get handled with medical care.
5Fantastic Home Remedies on How to Get Rid of Indigestion
It is strongly recommended to follow through with a combination of the various home remedies for how to get rid of indigestion simultaneously for the effective and faster treatment of heartburn and all of its symptoms.
1.How to get rid of indigestion through eating fantastic foods?
How to cure acid indigestion by using fennel seeds?
Fennel seed tea for indigestion is the best natural cure of the different signs of indigestion.
How to use?
- Pound and grind 3-4 tablespoons of fennel seeds into a fine powder
- Set a cup of water on the boil in a saucepan
- Stir in 2-3 teaspoons of the powdered fennel seeds with the boiling water in the pot and keep it on the boil for a few more minutes
- Strain out the fennel seed tea and add a teaspoon of honey to it
- Drink it hot after every meal especially if the foods are spicy or richly cooked
- Drink the tea thrice a day after breakfast, lunch, and supper to treat indigestion, acidity, and stomach pain
Benefits of using fennel seeds
Drinking fennel seed tea on a daily basis can address the cure of chronic indigestion. It is especially useful for the treatment of indigestion after eating spicy and oily foods. The phytochemical compounds like terpenoids, coumarins, tannins, flavonoids, and a nethol fight against heartburn caused by oxidative stress upon the digestive tract by the elimination of toxic free radicals. Fennel seeds possess a host of different phytonutrients and essential oils that help to fight against nausea and vomiting tendencies. Its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties work to cure indigestion and acid reflux.
Make sure that your digestive system does not react adversely to fennel seeds.
Foods to Eat
Eat the following foods to treat indigestion and stomach ache.
- Lean meat, fish, and eggs
- Green leafy vegetables
- Whole grain bread
- Whole grain cereals
- Nuts and seeds
- Brown rice
Foods to avoid
Avoid the foods that cause indigestion as given below.
- Junk food
- Citrus fruits
- Tea and coffee
- Milk and other dairy products
- Garlic and onions
- Oily food
- Spicy foods
- Fatty foods
2. How to get rid of indigestion with excellent Herbal treatment?
How to treat indigestion pain in chest by using basil leaves?
Basil is one of the most effective natural remedies for how to get rid of indigestion pain in the chest and indigestion nausea. Drinking basil tea can also prevent indigestion or heart attack.
How to use?
- Crush a few tablespoons of freshly plucked and dried basil leaves into bits and pieces
- Put a cup of water on the boil
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of the bits and pieces of basil leaves to the boiling water and boil until the water greenish
- Let the basil tea simmer down for a few minutes
- Strain out the tea and add a tablespoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice to it
- Drink the basil tea on an empty stomach every morning
- Do this daily
Benefits of using basil
Basil is an ancient Ayurvedic home remedy of heartburn and indigestion. It can also provide relief from flatulence and bloating owing to its strong carminative properties. Basil leaf is vested with a host of phytochemical compounds like phytosterols, terpenes, and flavonoids which possess excellent anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. Basil tea can also administer the prevention of severe indigestion heart attack and belching and burping.
Make sure that the basil leaf is freshly plucked and your digestive system is not reactive to it.
3. How to get rid of indigestion through using Use Essential Oils?
How to stop indigestion nausea by using peppermint essential oil?
Peppermint essential oil is one of the most effective essential oils for indigestion nausea, and pain felt after eating a heavy meal.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of peppermint essential oil to a cup of slightly cold water
- Stir the contents of the container for a few minutes until the essential oil gets evenly mixed in the water
- Add a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon to the mixture
- Drink the mixture after a heavy meal
- Do this on a regular basis to relieve nausea and pain
Benefits of using peppermint essential oil
Peppermint essential oil is rich in menthol that can make provision for instant relief from severe indigestion, flatulence, bloating, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting tendency, and irritable bowel syndrome. Drinking peppermint essential oil mixture or chewing on peppermint leaves or drinking peppermint infusion on a regular basis can effectively help in the natural cure of chronic indigestion. The minty aroma and flavor of peppermint essential oil soothes the pain of heartburn and helps in how to get rid indigestion pain in the chest.
Make sure that your digestive system is not sensitive to the consumption of peppermint essential oil.
4. How to get rid of indigestion with interesting Home Remedies?
How to help to cure acid indigestion by using apple cider vinegar and baking soda?
A combination of apple cider vinegar and baking soda is one of the most remarkably effective remedies for how to get rid of indigestion and acidity.
How to use?
- Add 5-6 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar to a cup of lukewarm water and stir well to prepare a solution
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda into the solution and mix again until the powder gets evenly dissolved
- Drink the lukewarm solution after lunch and supper
- Do this daily
Benefits of apple cider vinegar and baking soda
The remedy of apple cider vinegar for indigestion cure involves the neutralization of excessive stomach acids which helps in subsiding indigestion. The acetic acid contained in apple cider vinegar helps the inhibition of bacterial action of the E.coli and H.pylori bacteria which are responsible for gastric ulcers and dyspepsia.
Baking soda is a natural antacid that helps in the detoxification and neutralization of the digestive system. Ingestion of baking soda for indigestion helps in the natural treatment of acid reflux, indigestion pain in the abdomen and chest, and gastrointestinal disorders cause burping, flatulence, and indigestion.
5. How to get rid of indigestion with super-effective Natural Treatments?
How to cure indigestion during pregnancy by using yoga and meditation?
Yoga and meditation is a holistic way of how to get rid of indigestion during pregnancy.
How to use?
- Practice yoga for about 20 minutes every morning and evening on a daily basis
- Meditate for about 10 minutes twice daily
Benefits of yoga and meditation
Yoga and meditation help in the cure of heartburn, sour acid reflux, abdominal pain, and indigestion. It is the safest method of treating indigestion for pregnant women. It works by strengthening the digestive system and improving blood circulation.
Do not overstrain yourself and stay within your physical limits while doing yoga.
How to prevent indigestion?
- Keep your meals light and cut down on the consumption of oils, spices, and sugar
- Exercise regularly for how to get rid of indigestion
If you are worried about how to get rid of indigestion then follow through with the natural methods and remedies for instant relief. However, if the symptoms persist or become more painful then visit the physician immediately.