If you are reading this, then you must be suffering from what every man on Earth suffers from, and that is constipation. Embarrassing as it might sound, the first and the most crucial task of the day is to get your bowels cleared out. Going to work with a blocked and clogged colon is perhaps the most annoying and painful thing to do on earth.
A constipated stomach deprives you of all the little pleasures of life. You cannot even have small talk with the pretty colleague in the next block without your bloated stomach coming in the way. And if constipation gives way to flatulence, then you have just got to call the day off and flee before it’s too late.
Jokes apart, did you know that a dash of Aloe Vera can put all your abdominal troubles to rest? So get that gel from the grocery and let’s get down to business. Read on to find out more about how to combat stomach pain and constipation by the application of the home remedies prepared by using Aloe Vera for constipation.
What is constipation?
Constipation is a gastrointestinal problem that is characterized by the painful, sporadic, and inconsistent movement of bowels. The terrible pain occurs due to the hardening and drying out of the feces inside the colon. The dry lumps of feces cannot pass through the digestion tract with ease, and therefore they clog the colon and cause stomach spasms and pain.
What causes constipation?
The risk factors of constipation include deficiency of roughage in the dietary regimen, inconsistency in drinking water, lack of physical exercise, and the use of specific medications and prescriptions that interfere with the fecal discharge.
What are the symptoms of constipation?
Constipation is characterized by pain during the movement of the bowels, a strain on the anus during the expulsion of feces, hardening and lumpiness of the stool in the intestines, abdominal aches and bloating of the stomach, nausea, and vomiting, and acute indigestion.
What is Aloe Vera?
- Aloe Vera is a succulent plant that belongs to the Aloe genus. It is an evergreen plant whose origin belongs to the peninsular region of Arab. It grows wildly in tropical countries across the globe for medicinal and agricultural benefits.
- The leaves of Aloe Vera possess a host of phytochemical compounds that include acetylated mannans, anthraquinone C-glycosides, polymannans, anthrones, a variety of lectins and emodin. They are thick, fleshy, greyish-green, and serrated with slightly pointed teeth at the margins.
- The leaves encapsulate a thick layer of gel known as the Aloe Vera gel. The Aloe Vera gel is the queen of herbal cosmetics and medicines.
- Aloe Vera gel is known for its excellent curative and therapeutic properties. The gel is an ancient home of several ailments and disorders.
- From the preparation of lotions, medicinal ointments, and cosmetics to being administered in the treatment of constipation and internal infection and inflammation, the gel procured from the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant is touted as a miracle medicine that can heal and cure the most complicated ailments.
Vitamins in Aloe Vera
- The gel of Aloe Vera is rich in essential vitamins.
- It contains vitamin B-12, folic acid, choline, vitamins E, C, and A, and antioxidants.
Minerals in Aloe Vera
- The gel of Aloe Vera contains an abundant variety of minerals that contribute to the healthy functioning of metabolism and the enzyme systems.
- Aloe Vera gel is rich in calcium, magnesium, selenium, zinc, chromium, sodium, potassium, manganese, and copper.
Antioxidants in Aloe Vera
- The anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants present in Aloe Vera gel make it an indispensable ingredient for cosmetics and ointments.
- Aloe Vera contains Bradykinase which is an enzyme that can heal inflammation of the skin.
- It contains 12 different types of anthraquinones as well as fatty acids, salicylic acid, hormones called gibberellins and auxins, and fatty acids.
- These antioxidants stimulate the body immunity and block the invasion of antigens and irritants.
Why should you use Aloe Vera for constipation?
Aloe Vera is incredibly useful for the natural treatment of constipation. It works on the different symptoms and signs of constipation and helps in the natural alleviation of abdominal cramps and bloating besides regulating the frequency of bowel movement.
The significant reasons that make Aloe Vera an excellent home remedy for the cure of constipation and irregularity in bowel movement include.
1. Aloe Vera is a powerful laxative
- The laxative nature of Aloe Vera gel assists in inducing healthy and painless bowel movement.
- The laxative property of the slippery gel helps in softening the hardened and lumpy stool which passes out more easily through the intestines.
- Drinking the juice of Aloe Vera gel on a regular basis can cure constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
2. Aloe Vera gel preserves gastrointestinal health
- Aloe Vera gel possesses a powerful anti-inflammatory nature that can address intestinal inflammation and relieve the digestive tract.
- Aloe Vera gel is rich in biocatalysts that stimulate the gastrointestinal system and control the healthy and comfortable movement of the bowels.
- It is rich in antioxidants and has antiviral and antibacterial properties that combat against harmful free radicals and pathogenic invasion and ensure the wellbeing of the digestive framework.
- Aloe Vera gel contains a plethora of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help in the natural cure of digestive disorders like bloating, abdominal cramps, nausea, indigestion, and other signs and symptoms associated with constipation.
3. Aloe Vera gel can cure constipation
- Aloe Vera gel is rich in fibrous content that helps with constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
- The juice prepared from Aloe Vera gel contains essential nutrients and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and more. These minerals accelerate the absorption of nutrients from the digested food and aid in speeding up the rate of metabolism. The increase in metabolic rate helps to keep the frequency of bowel movement under control.
Top 2 glorious DIY recipes of Aloe Vera for constipation treatment at home
1. How to use organic honey and pure Aloe Vera gel for constipation cure?
The concoction of organic honey and Aloe Vera gel is highly effective for the natural cure of constipation and irregularity of bowel movement.
How to use?
- Cut a fresh leaf of Aloe Vera and slice out its gel.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of organic honey and a glass of lukewarm water to the Aloe Vera gel in the cup to make a solution.
- Drink the solution of honey, water, and Aloe Vera gel for constipation cure.
- Drink the solution on an empty stomach every morning at least half an hour before having breakfast.
Benefits of using honey and raw Aloe Vera gel for constipation
The combination of organic honey and Aloe Vera gel is a fantastic use of Aloe Vera for constipation.
Honey is known for its strong laxative nature that gets accentuated by the addition of Aloe Vera gel. The consumption of honey and Aloe Vera gel helps in the cure of abdominal cramps, bloating, and anal pain associated with constipation. The blend works to soften the stool and ease it out of the system.
You can take the mixture on a regular basis for the prevention of constipation as well.
[Also Read: Aloe Vera for Hair]
2. How to use lemon and Aloe Vera for constipation?
The consumption of Aloe Vera juice and lemon juice smoothie is a good way of using Aloe Vera for constipation.
How to use?
- Slice a fresh and ripe lemon to extract its juice
- Pour the lemon juice into a glass and add two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel and a cup of water into it. Blend the mixture by using an electric blender.
- Drink the lemon and Aloe Vera gel smoothie once a day for a few days for the cure of constipation and all of its signs and symptoms of pain and discomfort.
- Follow this remedy prepared by using Aloe Vera for constipation for the health of the digestive system.
Benefits of using lemon and Aloe Vera for constipation
The laxative, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties of lemon juice get enhanced by the addition of Aloe Vera for constipation and irritable bowel syndrome.
A few words of caution
- Drinking Aloe Vera for constipation can cause digestive complications such as abdominal cramps and pain.
- Prolonged consumption of Aloe Vera can trigger health problems like diarrhea, bleeding during urination, renal issues, potassium deficiency, weakness of muscles, weight loss, and cardiac disorders.
- Aloe Vera gel should not be taken during the pregnancy phase as it might cause miscarriage. Do not drink Aloe Vera if during the breastfeeding phase.
- It is recommended to monitor the blood glucose level while on the Aloe Vera treatment.
Follow through with the natural remedies prepared by using Aloe Vera gel for constipation. Add a lot of fibrous food like fruits and vegetables to your diet and drink plenty of water to quicken the recovery from constipation and to prevent it as well. The home remedies might seem ancient, but there is not a trace of doubt of their effectiveness. Start implementing them right from today to cure constipation and lead a healthy and hearty life.