A tickle in the throat can be due to a minor cold or due to severe respiratory disorders like bronchitis and asthma. Your throat feels choked at every few minutes and clearing the throat strains and bruises the vocal cords. If you are wondering how to get rid of a tickle in the throat(1), then read on to find out a handful of pure, natural, and incredibly effective home remedies.
What causes a tickle in the throat?
The following factors primarily trigger a tickle in the throat.
- Exposure to air pollution
- Respiratory disorders like coughing fits, common cold
- Exposure to hazardous fumes at factories
- Bacterial and viral infection
Top 5 proven natural remedies for how to get rid of a tickle in the throat
1. How to get rid of a tickle in the throat with foods?
How to cure constant tickle in throat cough by using ginger?
Eating raw and juicy ginger is a remarkable way of curing tickle in the throat causing coughing fits.
How to use?
- Crush a fresh and juicy chunk of ginger and chew the crushed bits slowly to ingest the juice
- Let the pungent and warm ginger juice trickle warmly down your throat
- Do this daily for the tickle and coughing fits to heal
Benefits of using ginger
You can chew on ginger before going to bed at night for the natural treatment of tickle in the throat at night. The antimicrobial properties of ginger are one of the most incredibly effective home remedies of a tickle in throat allergies. It aids in the inhibition of the bacterial action in the throat and speeds up the cure of common cold and fever associated with a persistent tickle in the throat. The expectorant nature of ginger promotes the elimination of phlegm or mucus and provides relief from throat and chest congestion and pain.
Do not proceed with this remedy if you are allergic to ginger or if the pungency of ginger causes acid reflux.
How to cure chronic tickle in the throat by using milk and turmeric?
The consumption of warm milk mixed with powdered turmeric is highly beneficial for the natural treatment of chronic tickle in the throat. Drinking warm milk before going to bed at night helps to cure chronic sore throat and tickling sensations in the respiratory passage.
How to use?
- Fill a glass with warm milk and add a tablespoon of powdered turmeric to it with gentle stirring
- Mix a tablespoon of organic honey with the milk
- Drink the turmeric milk daily before going to bed at night
Benefits of using milk and turmeric
Milk and turmeric mixture possesses a powerful combination of antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that make it highly beneficial for chronic colds and dry cough tickle in the throat.
Foods to eat
The list of foods given below is highly effective for the cure of coughing fits due to its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties.
- Basil tea
- Chicken stew
- Onion juice
- Cayenne pepper
- Bell peppers
- Tomato soup
- Ginger tea
- Hot turmeric milk
- Green tea
- Fresh green vegetables and fruits
Foods to avoid
Avoid the foods given below to preserve your respiratory health of the larynx.
- Sugary drinks
- Ice-creams and other frozen desserts
- Oily food
- Fast food
- Caffeinated beverages
- Carbonated beverages
2. How to get rid of a tickle in the throat with Herbal treatments?
How to get rid of postnasal drip tickle in the throat by using marshmallow root?
The mucus-like secretion that gets produced from the marshmallow root is ideal natural for relieving dryness of throat and tickle in the throat causing coughing fits. It is also beneficial for dry cough tickle in the throat as well.
How to use?
- Boil a cup of water and then take it off the heat
- Put a tablespoon of fresh and dried marshmallow root in hot water
- Strain out the tea
- Add a teaspoon of honey to the tea to sweeten its taste
- Drink the marshmallow root tea with slow sips
- Do this twice or thrice a day to cure the soreness of throat and tickle in the throat causing coughing fits
Benefits of using marshmallow root
Drinking warm marshmallow root tea helps in soothing the throat and nasal passage by the formation of a layer of the mucilaginous film created by its mucus-like secretion which aids in the alleviation of the pain and soothes the tickle in a throat cough. The smooth mucilaginous coating protects the vocal cords and helps to relieve irritation and burning sensation in the throat as well.
Eat a tiny amount of marshmallow root tea before taking a considerable amount of it to ensure that your digestive system is not sensitive to it.
3. How to get rid of a tickle in throat using essential oils?
How to stop tickle in the throat after a cough by using chamomile essential oil?
Chamomile essential oil is one of the most effective essential oils for how to get rid of a tickle in the throat. The essential oil is one of the most effective home remedies of a tickle in the throat after a cough.
How to use?
- Boil 2 cups of plain water
- Pour the hot water into a tumbler
- Add 10-12 drops of chamomile essential oil to the hot water in the tumbler
- Inhale the steamy and fragrant water vapor once in the morning and another before going to bed at night
- Use a towel to cover your head and the bowl so that the vapor does not escape into the surroundings
- Do not eat or drink anything at least for an hour after the inhalation
- Do this daily for the natural cure of tickle in the throat after a cough
Benefits of using chamomile essential oil
The deep inhalation of chamomile essential oil vapors is remarkably effective for the natural treatment of tickle in the throat after a cough, sore throat, tickle in the throat causing coughing fits, a bacterial infection of the respiratory tract, runny nose, and strain on the vocal cords. The vapors reach deep into the throat and inhibit bacterial action, infection, inflammation and tickling sensation. The warmth of the vapors soothes the pain, and the fragrance can also help you sleep if the tickle in the throat and coughing fits tend to keep you awake.
Inhale the vapor slightly to ensure that you do not feel any burning sensation in your nostrils upon inhalation. Do not over-dilute the chamomile essential oil otherwise its essence and properties will get lost.
4. How to stop tickle in the throat with home remedies?
How to cure constant tickle in the throat by using apple cider vinegar?
Have you ever thought how to get rid of a tickle in the throat with vinegar? Yes, drinking diluted apple cider vinegar solution is suitable for the constant tickle in a throat cough and chronic tickle in the throat.
How to use?
- Combine a cup each of apple cider vinegar and lukewarm water
- Add a tablespoon of organic honey to the solution obtained from above
- Drink this solution twice in a day especially once before going to bed at night as such problems like a chronic tickle in the throat after cold tend to get worse during night-time
- Do this daily for the home treatment of constant and chronic tickle in the throat
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
The acidic and antimicrobial properties of the apple cider vinegar help in the natural treatment of the constant tickle in the throat. Gargling with the apple cider vinegar solution helps in the cure of coughing fits, and respiratory troubles like shortness of breath, sore throat, tickle in throat allergies, and chronic tickle in the throat.
Do not forget to dilute the apple cider vinegar with plain water before ingestion or gargling.
5. Natural treatment as laryngitis remedies
How to treat persistent tickle in the throat by using warm salt water solution?
Wondering how to get rid of a tickle in the throat with gargle? Well, it is an unusual but effective remedy. Gargling with warm salt water solution is a natural treatment of persistent tickle and soreness of throat.
How to use?
- Boil a cup of water
- Stir in a teaspoon of common salt to the warm water to prepare a solution
- Gargle with the warm salt solution twice a day for about 45-60 seconds
Benefits of using a salt water solution
Gargling with warm salt water solution is a simple method of curing bacterial infection and dryness of throat. It helps to relieve the pressure on vocal cords, and aids in the expulsion of mucus and relieves the throat and sinuses of congestion.
Make sure that the water is not too hot otherwise your mouth might get scalded.
How to prevent tickle in the throat causing coughing fits?
- Take proper precaution during cold weather like wearing woolen scarves and sweaters to keep your body warm and fight against common cold
- Do not neglect common colds and flu
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Drink warm water during winter to soothe and warm your throat
The natural methods of how to get rid of a tickle in the throat are incredibly useful. They relieve the throat and suppress the dry tickling sensations in the respiratory tract. Follow through with the home remedies to protect and preserve the health of the respiratory system.