Skin toners are an essential part of skin care as they help in cleaning away the dirt, tighten pores, and maintains the Ph balance of the skin. There are many products that boast of being made up of natural substances, but here are a few toners you can easily prepare at home.
You can try the easiest, natural ways to make homemade toners that will give you glowing skin.
Facts about Different Homemade Toner
- They are chemical-free and cause absolutely no damage to the skin.
- Toners help to shrink pores as it removes the oil from the face.
- Toning is considered a mandatory part of the skin cleaning regime as it restores the Ph balance of the skin.
- It prevents dust particles from entering the skin.
- Toner makes your skin feel fresh and hydrated.
Homemade Toners for the Skin
1. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves benefits the skin in multiple ways. It contains salicylic acid that helps to treat acne. It’s rich in Vitamin A helps control oil secretion in people with oily skin. This is the most recommended homemade toner for dry skin.
- 3-4 tsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- Mix mint with ACV sit in an airtight jar and allow it to sit at room temperature. The mint-infused with vinegar gives it a good scent.
- Strain and pour into a measuring cup.
- Add water, stir and pour into a clean bottle and store in a cool place.
Use twice daily on a clean face.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is renowned for the health benefits it offers. As it has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, ACV keeps the skin oil, dust, and bacteria-free.
- Apple cider Vinegar
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with water in a 1:4 ratio.
- You can spray directly on the skin or dab it on a cotton pad.
- Do this thrice-weekly as a part of your bedtime regime.
[Read: Apple Cider Vinegar Toner]
One of the best homemade facial toners for aging skin is using Cucumber. Cucumber is rich in Vitamin C and caffeic acid, which has marvelous benefits for the skin(1).
- Cucumber -1/2
- Water- 1 cup
- Chop half a cucumber into tiny pieces and pour it into a cup of water.
- Add this to pan and heat for 8 minutes or until the water boils.
- Blend the cucumber and water and then filter the juice using a sieve.
Dab this on a cotton pad and use this every day.
4. Camphor and Rosewater
Camphor based lotions, creams, or toners help to reduce skin irritation. Camphor has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that help to heal infections too. It reduces itchiness and improves the overall appearance of the skin
This is a homemade toner with rosewater that benefits the skin tremendously.
- Take some rose water in a bottle and a pinch of camphor to it.
You can use this once after washing your face.
[Read: Amazing Benefits of Rose Water]
5. Raw Mango Seed
Mango seed pulp or mango seed butter is considered one of the best natural moisturizers compared to greasy lotions that are found.
- Raw Mango Seeds
- Scoop out the raw mango seeds and boil them for 30 minutes in 4 cups of water.
- Cool the liquid and strain it.
Use it every day after wash.
6. Homemade toner for oily skin using chamomile
Chamomile has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties(2) that soothe the skin. It also reduces itchiness and blemishes on the skin. The soothing nature of chamomile can treat skin diseases like psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, etc.
Boil water and then soak a chamomile tea bag for 5 minutes. Store it in a bottle and use it with a cotton pad on your face.
Use it thrice weekly as a morning skincare regime.
This homemade hair toner works like green tea, helps to grow hair, and also provides healthy hair scalp. The color isn’t strong and hence is the most favored hair toner.
Boil water and add a green tea bag. Wait for the right green shade. Cool it and then apply it to your hair. Keep it for half an hour. Wash after an hour.
This homemade toner for brassy hair must be used once in a week.
- Before using a homemade toner, make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Always do a patch test before applying it to your face.
- If you want to store the homemade toner, you must refrigerate it.
- Don’t store it for more than seven days.
- Always use a toner at room temperature.
Homemade toners are usually alcohol-free, and ingredients like rose water, aloe vera are suitable for all skin types. They are made using fresh ingredients and therefore have no side-effects on the skin. A facial toner makes a big impact on the skin.
1. What Toner Works for Sensitive Skin?
ACV is the best for sensitive skin. You can make one mixing witch hazel, water, and ACV for sensitive skin.
2. How Long Will Homemade Toner Last?
A homemade toner can last up to 7-10 days based upon the ingredients used. Must be stored in an airtight bottled in cool dark place or refrigerator.