Breakfast is the essential meal of the day, which breaks the usual fast most of us follow (from night until the morning). But, skipping breakfast has become a common thing, either it is due to a busy lifestyle or even choices such as intermittent fasting. However, there is no strong evidence which can say that skipping breakfast can directly or immediately cut weight or burn fat.
On the other hand, it can increase hunger hormones, fatigue, and other short-term and long-term health diseases. For those who are looking for weight-loss, building muscle, or even improving health, protein-packed breakfast can be the best option.
High Protein Breakfast Benefits
There are numerous benefits of high protein breakfast and below listed are a few:
- A healthy protein-breakfast can help in building muscles and also promote weight loss, curb hunger hormones, and even regulate calorie intake.
- High-protein breakfast may also help in controlling blood sugar and insulin levels.
- The body is also known to use more calories to metabolize protein, which makes it ideal to consume for weight loss compared to fats or carbs.
- Protein-rich food also helps the stomach feel fuller for a longer time than other foods.
- Protein can boost metabolism, which can, in turn, help in burning more calories(1).
Here is a list of some of the healthiest high protein breakfast recipes that you can try:
1. Eggs and Veggies
Broccoli, a superfood and eggs, a protein-rich item, make a perfect and healthy breakfast.
- Eggs – 4
- Cherry tomatoes – 200g
- Broccoli (trimmed and halved) – 100g
- Sunflower seeds – 1 tbsp
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Rapeseed oil – 1 tsp
- Flatbreads – 2
- Chilli flakes – for garnishing
How to Prepare?
- Take a wide-based saucepan and fill one-third of it with water and boil it.
- Add broccoli to the water and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Once done, add tomatoes and let it boil again for 30 more seconds.
- And then put the saucepan with the mixed ingredients on the heated plate inside the oven.
- Now, take an ovenproof plate, put it in the oven, and bring it to a warm temperature (around 100c).
- Poach the eggs, and break the eggs into a pan one at a time and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take the flatbreads and top it with broccoli and tomatoes.
- Using the spoon, slowly drain the eggs on top of it.
- Season it with seeds, a slight drizzle of oil, black peppers, and chili flakes.
- It is now ready to serve.
2. Porridge Oats with Blueberries
It is an excellent choice of healthy breakfast that contains the right amounts of proteins and fibers that can support weight management.
- Porridge oats – 6 tbsp
- Greek yogurt – 200 ml
- Frozen blueberries – 350g
- Honey – 1tsp
How to Prepare?
- Take a non-stick pan and add 400ml water to it.
- Add oats to the pan with water and cook it for about 2 minutes while stirring it periodically until it gets thick.
- Take another pan and add 1tbsp of water.
- Add the blueberries to the pan and then add honey.
- Gently poach the blueberries until they become tender.
- Take the porridge oats and put them into bowls.
- Now top the oats with blueberries and yogurt.
- Your porridge oats and blueberry breakfast is now ready to serve.
3. Sweet Potato and Kale
A protein-packed vegetarian diet to kickstart your day healthily and energetically.
- Firm tofu – 8 ounces
- Sweet potatoes (chopped) – 2 small
- Red onion (sliced) – 1
- Melted coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Coconut sugar – 1 tsp
- Tandoori spices – 3 tsp
- Sea salt – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh parsley – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Kale – 1 (around 10 ounces)
How to Prepare?
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to around 400 degrees.
- Take the tofu, wrap it in a towel, and put some weights on it to drain the excess moisture.
- Take some sweet potatoes and season with coconut sugar, 1/2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp spices, and some salt and pepper.
- Take the onions and season it with 1/2 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp spice, and some salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes and onions for 25 to 30 minutes. Flip them through half-point to get even cooking on both sides.
- Once the onions turn brownish and are caramelized, remove them and set them aside.
- In the meanwhile, take the tofu and put it in a bowl.
- Crumble it into small pieces.
- Season it with turmeric, parsley, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take a large saucepan and heat it.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil, tofu, and 1tsp spice.
- Stir-fry it for 5 minutes until the tofu turns slightly brown.
- Now set the tofu aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of oil to the saucepan and then add kale.
- Season it with 1sp of spice and some salt and pepper.
- Stir it until the kale turns slightly brown
- Now push the kale to a side in the pan and put the tofu on the other side.
- Sprinkle it with parsley and add sauces (option) for taste.
- Now serve it by adding tofu, kale, to a plate and roasted potatoes and onion as sides in the same.
4. Chocolate Milk
Milk(type based on interest) – 200ml
- Cooked quinoa – 25g
- Cocoa powder – 3tsp
- Greek yogurt – 150g
- Vanilla paste – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 tsp
- Frozen spinach – 3 cubes
How to Prepare?
- Take all the ingredients and blender it.
- Pour it into a glass and serve it (can add ice cubes).
[ Read: Best Tasting Protein Bars That Come With Surprising Benefits ]
A healthy and filling breakfast is one of the best ways to keep away the fatigue and irritability of hunger in the first half of the day. Besides, a high protein breakfast can enrich the physical energy and also improve mood, which can make your day more productive and more peaceful.
If you have any ideas or know about high-protein breakfasts and its benefits, please share it in the below comment section.
KEEP YOUR HEALTH ON A CHECK
Simple yet effective home remedies to maintain a healthy lifestyle.