Golden Kiwi is a vine that grows up to 10 m in length. These plants are usually found in forests in the mountains. They grow as tall grassy and thickets and require a well-drained soil that’s also moist and fertile for proper growth. The kiwi fruit is egg-shaped, which is 3 inches long and has a lot of female vines.
The skin has short hair like features, while the inside flesh is green and golden-yellow and has a lot of tiny black seeds. Their ripening season is usually from late summers to fall. The best way to utilize golden kiwi benefits is to have it raw. It is a powerhouse of minerals and antioxidants and has plenty of health benefits.
Golden Kiwi Nutrition Facts are listed below
- Golden Kiwi calories- For every 76 grams it serves 50 calories
- Carbohydrates- 14 g
- Dietary Fiber- 3 g
- Sugar- 11 g
- Protein – 1 g
- Sodium- 3 mg
- Potassium- 316 mg
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron.
- They also have a sour, sweet, and astringent taste and a sub-tropical flavor to it.
Health Benefits of Golden Kiwi
- It helps your body from getting dehydrated. It has a lot of water content and helps in quenching thirst. On long summer days, kiwi can be an alternative for beverages. It restores the water balance in your body and keeps you going.
- It prevents hypertension(1). High blood pressure has become a common problem in every household. The disease is a slow killer. If consumed daily reduces the relapse of hypertension.
- It is suitable for your eyes. Macular degeneration is a condition of the eye where the retina’s central component if damage cause vision loss. Eating this fruit prevents the condition by 36 %.
- It regularizes blood flow in the body. It prevents the blood from clotting in the arteries and leads to a healthy functioning heart. As kiwis prevent the blood from clotting, it is always recommended by doctors for patients suffering from heart blockage.
- It also prevents diabetes. It regularizes the blood glucose system in the body and is low in saturated fat content.
- This fruit helps in maintaining a healthy DHA condition. The properties of kiwi rounds off the vitamin and mineral requirements of your body.
- They aid indigestion. The fruit is rich in fiber and has a high water content that helps indigestion. Consuming it every day allows it to look after your digestive system and reduces the risk of stomach infections.
- It is of big help if you want to lose weight. They are suggested to people undergoing a diet program. It has a sour taste and doesn’t let you put on weight. On the contrary, it fulfills your vitamin levels of the body.
- They are rich in Vitamin C. This helps in boosting immunity and keeping chronic diseases like cancer away.
- They are extremely helpful in treating respiratory diseases. The richness in antioxidants and Vitamin C protects your body against the common flu and helps in treating respiratory disorders.
[Read: Effective Grapefruit Benefits]
Golden Kiwi Recipes to Follow for its Benefits-
1. Golden Kiwi to Boost Immunity
- 2 Golden Kiwi fruit
- 1 Lemon,
- Few leaves of parsley
- four mint leaves
- ½ tsp honey mixed with half a glass of water.
- Cut the kiwis and keep aside. Take a blender and blend it all.
- Drink this twice daily to boost your immunity.
2. Golden Kiwi for Obesity
- 2 mint leaves
- Parsley leaves
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ lemon
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 250 ml of water.
Blend these all ingredients to a juicy consistency. Drink this every day to lose weight.
[Read: Lose Weight Naturally]
3. Golden Kiwi for Insomnia
Kiwis(2) are known to promote better sleep.
2 Golden Kiwis.
Take two kiwis, cut them, and eat an hour before bedtime.
[Read: Treat Insomnia Naturally]
4. Sun Gold Kiwi VS Green Kiwi
The Gold Kiwi has more benefits. Sun Gold Kiwi has 200 mg of Vitamin C per cup, whereas green kiwi has 170 mg/cup. The Golden Kiwi also has B complex vitamins. It is better in taste and sweet due to its natural sugar content.
Kiwi is mostly safe for everybody and is offered as finger food to babies.
But, people who are allergic to kiwi can develop symptoms of choking, itching in throat, vomiting, and hives. Always take a small bite and check if you are allergic before using them daily.
Other Uses and Benefits of Golden Kiwi
- They are often prescribed for treating kidney stones, urine infections, and liver cancer.
- The leaves of this plant help in treating mange in dogs.
- Kiwi is rich in carotenoids, and that protects the eye.
- It helps in maintaining a balance of electrolytes and reduces the ill effects of excess sodium in the body.
- It boosts heart health.
1. What is the sugar content in Golden Kiwi?
Kiwi is sweet because of the natural sugar present in it. It is an excellent alternative to sweet treats in summers. One Golden Kiwi would have about 6 gm of sugar.