The pumping heart is what keeps us alive. And so whatever impedes the pumping needs to be taken down immediately. Triglyceride is one of them and so is cholesterol. But will you agree if we say that bringing down the level of triglycerides in the blood is quite easy, no right!
Well, actually it is! You can achieve it successfully at the ease of your house with a handful of foods to cure the enhanced level of triglycerides and its effects on the body. Read on to find out more about how you can employ these incredible foods to lower triglycerides and cholesterol.
What do you mean by triglycerides?
Triglyceride is a type of fat molecule present in the blood. While eating food, the calories which are not required by the body get converted into triglycerides. The triglycerides get stored in the fat cells in the body. With excess intake in calories, the level of triglycerides in the blood increases and causes hypertriglyceridemia.
It is very common with more than three million cases in the United States. But did you know that usually, the triglycerides level in the blood should be less than 150mg/dL? And if it exceeds 199mg/dL, it is detrimental to the body.
But with a few changes in the diet and lifestyle, you can control the whammy levels of triglycerides. Food plays a significant role in regulating the cholesterol level in the body. Hence, to eat right is the key to healthy blood for nurturing the body organs. Read ahead as we list the best of 6 foods that can lower triglycerides.
List of top 6 foods to lower triglycerides that will awe your gut
The administration of garlic is one of the best ways of how to reduce triglycerides in the blood.
How to use?
- Chop about 2-3 cloves of raw garlic into fine pieces. Take the pieces on an empty stomach every morning for the natural treatment of hypertriglyceridemia.
- Alternatively, you can also take garlic supplement capsules on a regular basis to lower the level of triglycerides in the blood.
Benefits of using garlic
Garlic is not only useful for the natural cure of high triglyceride level but is also excellent for bringing down the levels of unhealthy cholesterol and blood glucose. Physicians recommend the consumption of raw garlic instead of cooked garlic as the fresh and raw cloves possess lipid-lowering compounds.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a potent cure of high level of triglycerides and its symptoms.
How to use?
- Take a cup of plain water and add a teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar to it. Stir well until the vinegar gets completely dissolved.
- Add a teaspoon of raw honey to the solution of diluted apple cider vinegar. Stir again, and the apple cider vinegar concoction is ready.
- Drink the solution twice in a day on a daily basis for a few months.
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
The solution of apple cider vinegar is one of the most potent natural remedies of high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides. Fatty liver disease occurs due to the presence of a high level of triglycerides in the blood. Drinking apple cider vinegar on a daily basis is excellent for the prevention and natural treatment of fatty liver disease.
3. Coriander seeds
Coriander seeds possess incredible medicinal benefits for the natural treatment of a high level of triglycerides in the blood.
How to use?
- Fill a vessel with a glass of plain water and set it to boil.
- Take the water off the flame and add a teaspoon of powdered coriander seeds to it. Stir well until the powder completely dissolves.
- Strain out the infusion into a cup and add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Take the solution once or twice in a day on a daily basis for about 2-3 months for how to lower triglycerides level in the blood.
Benefits of using coriander seeds
Coriander seeds is an ancient home remedy for lowering the level of triglycerides. The consumption of coriander seed powder infusion on a daily basis is due to its hypolipidemic effect on the metabolism of lipids.
The presence of excess triglycerides in the blood weakens the body and makes it prone to a variety of ailments that coriander seed powder infusion can easily take care of.
4. Cayenne pepper powder
Spicy cayenne pepper is just what you need for lowering the triglyceride levels in the blood.
How to use?
- Fill a saucepan with a cup of plain water and put it on a boil.
- Pour the hot water into a cup and add half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to it. Stir the solution well until the powder completely dissolves.
- Strain out the infusion and let it simmer down a little. Drink it hot.
- Drink the solution of cayenne pepper powder twice in a day once in the morning on an empty stomach and once before going to bed at night.
- Follow this home remedy on a daily basis for a few months to decrease the level of triglycerides in the blood.
Benefits of using cayenne pepper powder
Cayenne pepper powder infusion might seem a little too spicy for your taste, but it is incredibly beneficial for the natural treatment of high level of triglycerides in the blood. It is rich in capsaicin which is an alkaloid compound that can decrease the level of cholesterol and triglycerides effectively.
Drinking cayenne pepper solution is also suitable for the natural treatment of obesity.
5. Cinnamon powder
Spicy and fragrant cinnamon powder is not just a delicious dessert topping but is incredibly useful for bringing down the level of triglyceride and cholesterol in the blood. Try out the recipe of cinnamon and orange cider for a delightfully nourishing and healthy drink.
How to use?
- For the preparation of cinnamon and orange cider, you need a glass of apple cider vinegar, two cups of freshly pressed orange juice, two tablespoons of freshly ground cinnamon powder, and two tablespoons of honey.
- Heat the apple cider vinegar over a low flame and let it become sufficiently warm.
- Pour the orange juice into the apple cider vinegar and keep boiling for a few minutes until everything dissolves.
- Take the hot infusion off the flame and add the cinnamon powder to it. Stir gently until the powder gets dissolved.
- Add a little honey to the infusion with slight stirring and serve hot.
- Drink the concoction of cinnamon on a regular basis for the natural treatment of hypertriglyceridemia.
- Alternatively, you can sprinkle your salads and breakfast cereals with cinnamon powder before eating. You can also take supplementary cinnamon capsules to lower the level of triglycerides in the blood.
Benefits of using cinnamon powder
Cinnamon powder is not only excellent for the natural treatment of high triglycerides level but is also good for the cure of diabetes of type 2. Drinking cinnamon infusion can decrease the level of bad cholesterol as well thereby reducing the risks of cardiac ailments.
6. Reishi mushroom
If you are at your wits’ end over the level of triglycerides in the blood, then try out the exotic reishi mushrooms right now. You can either zap up a simple dish of reishi mushrooms or take its extract that is available in the form of supplementary capsules. Try out the recipe of the exotic superfood reishi mushroom tea to cure hypertriglyceridemia.
How to use?
- For the preparation of superfood reishi tea, you need two cups of almond milk, one tablespoon of reishi mushroom powder, one tablespoon of chia seeds, one tablespoon of freshly ground flax seed powder, one tablespoon of coconut oil, one tablespoon of raw honey, two pitted dates, and a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass bowl and then pour the contents of the bowl into an electric blender.
- Blend the contents into a smooth mixture and pour the mixture into a saucepan.
- Set the saucepan over a low flame and let it simmer for a few minutes. Take the pan off the fire and pour it into a tall glass. The reishi mushroom tea is ready. Serve it warm.
Benefits of using reishi mushroom
Reishi mushroom possesses a remarkable combination of phytochemical compounds like sterols, polysaccharides, ganoderic acids, coumarin, and mannitol which work to improve the health of the cardiac system by decreasing the level of triglycerides in the blood.
The ganoderic acid is effective in decreasing the level of excess cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. It also helps in the maintenance of stable blood pressure and influences the regulation of arrhythmias.
You can also take the extract of reishi mushroom for the alleviation and cure of platelet sickness.
What are the lifestyle changes that can impact your triglycerides level?
Some of the best ways to lower triglycerides level in the blood naturally include-
- Limit the intake of sugar
- Take steps for losing excess body weight
- Adopt a diet that is low in carbohydrates and high in fibrous content
- Exercise on a regular basis for about half an hour
- Avoid the consumption of foods that contain trans fatty acids
- Enhance the consumption of foods that contain unsaturated fatty acids
- Follow a consistent and healthy eating pattern and do not eat junk food
- Increase the intake of soy proteins
- Add more tree nuts like almonds, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, macadamia nuts, etc. to the diet.
A few words of caution
- Boil, bake, steam, and roast the foods to get the full benefits of their nutritional composition.
- In case of fruits, eat them raw, ripe, and fresh for the fibrous content and nutrients.
Bringing down the level of triglycerides in the blood has never been easier. What with a host of foods and natural remedies and ways, the stubborn level of cholesterol and triglycerides will come down in a few months. If you are seeking out ways to inculcate foods to lower triglycerides level in blood, then follow through with the remedies to keep your heart healthy. Adopt an active and healthy lifestyle to stay fit and robust throughout life.