Stomach pains can be very upsetting, setting the trend for other ailments to follow. A stomach upset is usually the gateway for other diseases to follow suit and impact us. Therefore it is necessary to avoid such situations by eating healthy food, leading a good lifestyle with no bad habits or addictions such as liquor or drugs.
By eating healthy food, one can stay fit as well as keep certain toxins that are present in junk and oily food, away. The best way to treat this ailment naturally is to use essential oils for stomach pain.
As much as we can maintain a strict healthy diet, bad luck can still seep in, especially during the wrong climate and also, external factors such as pollution, unclean food or water as well as filthy surroundings.
Therefore, it can be said that one is any way predisposed to specific ailments due to gene factors, but external factors can play wrong too and cause havoc, especially in those with low immunity levels and those who can’t withstand the impact of toxic food elements, be it stale food or certain allergic food substances.
Types of Stomach Pain
There are a few types of stomach upsets, here’s how some of them feel and what they are called
- Upper Stomach pain: Excess gas
- Pain in the lower chest area and top of the abdominal area: Heartburn
- Extreme Stomach pain: Ulcers
Symptoms of Stomach Pain
- Cramping and bloating: Bowel Syndrome
- Severe Cramps and Diarrhea: Gastroenteritis
- Pain and indigestion: Lactose Intolerance
- Gas, chronic diarrhoea and bloating: Gluten Intolerance
- Pain in the upper right abdomen and under shoulder- Gallstones
- Lower right abdominal pain: Appendicitis
Causes for Stomach Pain
- Bad food habits, which include over-eating
- Eating rarely and drinking a lot of alcohol
- Eating too many meals in a day
- Bad immunity
- Eating foods with high levels of carbohydrates
- Eating gassy foods
- Drinking very less water
- Eating at the wrong times
Why use essential oils for stomach pain
Essential oils for stomach pain have some great benefits, especially to get rid of diarrhoea, uneasy hard stools, to regulate bowel movement, to make quick motion possible, to get rid of nauseous feeling and so on. These oils blend well within our body and make it possible to do away with stomach upsets if taken at the right time and also in the right quantity.
What essential oils to use for Stomach Pain
Peppermint essential oil
Peppermint oil has excellent pain-relieving properties along with amazing anti-inflammatory qualities. These features combine to make it an excellent remedy for stomach pain and aches.
Eucalyptus essential oil
Eucalyptus essential oil has excellent soothing properties which make it an ideal solution for stomach pain. With its high menthol content, it renders a cooling effect that offers relief from pain.
Ginger essential oil
Ginger essential oil has potent anti-inflammatory properties which not only assists with digestion but also get rids of stomach pain. It is also useful in getting rid of constipation.
Fennel essential oil
Fennel oil boasts of incredible relaxing and antispasmodic properties which helps in reducing cramps and relaxing internal muscles. It ensures significant relief from stomach pain.
Cinnamon essential oil
Cinnamon oil offers excellent relief from stomach pain by relaxing the internal muscles and assisting with the bowel movement.
Lemon essential oil
With amazing aromatherapy qualities, lemon essential oil works efficiently to offer significant relief from bloating and stomach pain.
How to use essential oils for stomach pain
Following are the various ways that essential oils for stomach pain can be used: –
- Dilute with a carrier oil or warm water and drink for regulating bowel movements, in those with irregular bowel
- Just put a few drops of essential oil(s) on a cloth and breathe it deep in excessively. This can help in the cognitive features of not just your body, but also your mind and can leave behind nausea and stomach uneasiness effectively.
- Use orally to prevent bad breath, also getting rid of the nauseous feeling at the same time.
- Spray around your room to avoid nauseous feeling and feel relaxed.
Precautions, Side Effects, Do’s and Don’ts of using essential oils for stomach pain
- For pregnant women, it is advised by medical experts only to take limited amounts, to avoid any damage of the baby inside the womb. Also, the health of the mother is of utmost necessity, so that shouldn’t be put to the test.
- If ingested orally in limited amounts, it can be safe, but more substantial amounts can lead to blisters, swellings and sores that can cause itching and irritation inside the mouth.
- Lousy quality of essential oils can cause anal burning or diarrhoea and can be very tiresome to some individuals.
- It is consulted for general purposes that children below ten years of age are not exposed to essential oils as they can cause heat and expulsive side-effects to those who have used it.
Other Home Remedies for stomach pain
- Eat a banana followed by a glass of lukewarm water
- Drink lots of warm water, for a clean bowel movement
- Eat berries like raspberries and strawberries, crushed and squeezed with lime
- Drink water with lime, not lime juice, but plain lime squeezed in water
- Ingest a lime orally into your mouth and chew the yellow part too, to get rid of pain temporarily
All this said and done, stomach pains can be very upsetting and harsh on the body, so it is needed to take better care to avoid further complications. It is better to prevent stomach upsets by eating healthy, staying fit by doing exercise and also by drinking lots of water, but if stomach upsets do affect you, try the aforementioned methods for immediate relief, but depend on your healthcare expert for his expert opinion on how you could get rid of your ailment, at the soonest.