Weight loss occurs mostly due to the loss of fluid, body fat, bone mineral deposits, muscles, tendon or other connective tissue. While gaining weight is an easy task, losing weight requires a lot of determination and patience. Before knowing why using coconut oil for weight loss, it is essential to know about weight gain.
- Why coconut oil for weight loss?
- How to use coconut oil for weight loss?
- Other Home Remedies for Weight Loss
Types of weight gain:
- Periodic: It includes regular fluctuations in weight.
- Continuous: In this condition, a gradual weight gain is experienced with time. It may occur due to some abnormal growth in the body.
- Rapid: This type of unintentional weight gain is mostly the result of side-effects of specific medicines.
Causes of Weight gain:
- Hormonal changes
- Fluid retention
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Sedentary lifestyle
Symptoms of weight gain:
- Skin sensitivity
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swollen areas in the body
- Heart palpitations
- Abnormal sweating
- Changes in vision
Coconut oil for weight loss:
Coconut oil is a centuries-old treatment known to aid weight loss. When medications were not available for shedding excess weight, coconut oil came to the rescue of the previous generation. Coconut oil does not only help in weight loss but also helps keep the body fit in many other ways like:
- Increasing levels of HDL Cholesterol
- Improving heart health
- Skin care
- Preventing yeast infections
- Dental care
- Seizure control
- Kidney and liver health
- The digestive and immune system
- Stress relief
- Wound healing
- Bone health
- Boosting energy
Besides, the fact that coconut oil is completely natural, it is readily available in the market which makes very easy for use. The miraculous abilities of coconut oil are well known. They are well tested and proved to be the best for weight loss. Therefore, using coconut oil to lose weight fast would be the option you should be considering..
[Also Read: How to Lose Weight]
Why coconut oil for weight loss?
The basic principle of weight loss is that the body must lose more fat than it has gained due to various reasons. Coconut oil uses this principle. It increases body activity to use all the unused fats that remain in the body. Also, the oil does not allow more fat to accumulate in the body. This way it reduces fat. Coconut oil is high in medium chain triglycerides and fatty acids that help reducing weight. Here are some ways in which coconut oil works in and on your body to reduce weight:
- Coconut oil boosts the metabolic processes in the body. The high metabolic activity in the body uses excess fat present in the body and helps in reducing body weight.
- Coconut oil helps in burning the extra calories gained by the body even while resting.
- Coconut oil reduces appetite. It helps you eat less without starving. Thus, coconut oil works wonders for those who cannot control their urge to eat junk food.
- Coconut oil is particularly effective at reducing the harmful belly fat in the abdominal cavity.
- Coconut oil boosts energy levels in the body thus making the person more active than usual. It further reduces body weight.
In other words, coconut oil makes the body active both internally and externally thus making it burn more fat than it intakes. It also reduces the amount of fat the body used to intake thus making it easier to burn the previously accumulated fat. The best part is, although coconut oil reduces the average fat intake, it does not make you weak. You always have enough energy to function the way you used to. Coconut oil provides ample nourishment to the body.
How to use coconut oil for weight loss?
To realise the full potential of coconut oil when looking for weight loss, you need to ingest it orally. But it is important that you consume the coconut oil in the prescribed quantities, otherwise you might not be able to get the desired effects.
Twenty minutes before the meal is the right time to consume coconut oil for weight loss. It helps you to reduce your appetite significantly, when used just before a meal. It makes you feel full with only small quantities of food and liquid intake.
For liquefying coconut oil, mix 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a mug. To the mug, add hot water and bone broth or herbal tea. Stir well to melt and combine the coconut oil properly. You can consume this mix as per dosage.
The general dosage is as follows:
- 90- 130 lbs – 1 tablespoon coconut oil mix before a meal
- 131- 180 lbs – 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil mix before a meal
- Over 180 lbs – 2 tablespoon coconut oil mix before a meal
Another useful way to use coconut oil for losing weight is through massage. When massaged gently over the area where fat has accumulated, coconut oil increases the temperature of the body and melts the extra fat. This helps you get rid of the excess fat from your body and also firm-up the loose skin which results from weight loss.
Dos and Don’ts
- Coconut oil naturally solidifies at 76 degrees Fahrenheit or 24 degree Celsius. So, it should be liquefied before you consume it.
- You must strictly monitor your consumption of the oil. Be in touch with a healthcare expert at all times and consult before you start consuming coconut oil.
- Any abnormal changes must be reported to the health care professional immediately if the usage is not having any desired effects.
- There are many brands of coconut oil available in the market. Make sure you choose the right one. Unknown and untrustworthy brands may have added chemicals to the coconut oil.
- For best benefits of coconut oil, it is imperative to use it in its pure form. Therefore, check the purity of the oil before buying it.
- Use the oil regularly for it to work effectively on your body. Irregularity in the intake of coconut oil will not show desirable results of weight loss.
- Heat Coconut oil in hot water and mix well before consuming. The mixture may have some other natural ingredient to make it taste better. Do not drink the oil directly or in a concentrated form.
- Since the oil is for internal use, its dosage must be monitored. Usually, the dosage of coconut oil for weight loss is decided according to the amount of excess weight, the age of the person, height and weight ratio and many other factors. Therefore, you must consult a health care expert to know the proper dosage.
- Coconut oil with no synthetic odour and colour are mostly mixed with chemicals. Make sure you do not purchase these oils.
- Keep out of reach of children. Do not let children consume the oil without consulting a healthcare professional.
- Store the oil in the recommended conditions only. A change in storage conditions may cause some damage to the coconut oil which can be harmful.
Other Home Remedies for Weight Loss:
Besides coconut oil, here are some more home remedies that aid weight loss.
- Green tea: It is believed to help in weight loss. It not only helps in losing weight but also detoxifies the body. Green tea, when mixed with ginger, acts as an excellent aid for weight loss.
- Cinnamon tea: It balances the blood sugar levels. Balanced blood sugar levels keep the appetite in control thus forcing the body to use all the fat available rather than storing it.
- Apple: It is the favourite fruit for most of the people. This yummy snack helps in reducing weight. Apples are packed with fibre that reduces appetite and thus, excessive fat intake. The body then uses all the available fat and does not accumulate it.
- Yoga: Yoga helps you lose weight and keep you away from stress. It calms your body and makes it healthy on the inside and outside too. Yoga is not a hardcore workout like exercising, it is easy and slow paced. It is also tried and tested over the years and recommended for an overall healthy life.
Lifestyle problems or medical issues may cause weight gain. Using natural remedies and adequate exercise can help you shed excess weight and keep you healthy. Coconut oil for weight loss can work wonders for you when consumed as recommended by an expert. Additionally, you need to regulate your diet by reducing the consumption of fatty and greasy foods. When you replace them with fresh fruits and vegetables, you will be able to lose the excess weight easily.