Acupuncture is an ancient technique. It has proven beneficial and is in practice for thousands of years . Amongst many treatments, it involves acupuncture for hip pain. People tend to avoid harsher treatments such as surgery when they are faced with pain near their hip joint. They prefer an easy way out.
Acupuncture is a soothing technique and offers minimal pain. It involves using super-thin needles that are pre-sterilized to stimulate strategic points on your body. The needles are for single-use, and they are disposed to avoid further infections. It is advised that you are aware of where the pain is situated for the therapy. It makes it easier for your practitioner to pick the right acupuncture points for hip pain for better results.
Hip pain can vary from being nothing too serious to a health hazard. In any case, you should find a suitable treatment accordingly. Usually, people who avoid harsh medical methods opt for acupuncture for results. It can prove fruitful for hip pain; it inhibits proteins that increase inflammation in the body — additionally, it strengthens any weak muscles and relaxes the tense ones. 
- Did you know that there’s a difference between a male and female hip bone?
- Your acupuncture points can conduct electricity
How Does Acupuncture For Hip Pain Work?
You cannot perform Acupuncture on your own. There are parts of your body you cannot reach by yourself. This can cause difficulties as you cannot complete it correctly; it may lead to further complications. A good alternative is to schedule an appointment with an expert practitioner. If the practitioner is not careful with the therapy, it can prove more risky than beneficial. The following steps are followed for the treatment:
- The practitioner will ask you questions about your medical condition. They will ask you what parts of your hip hurt. Your hip joint has tissues and muscles. It is essential that you let the practitioner know about everything. This procedure involves stimulating the right points of your body for results. You’ll have to answer questions about your lifestyle and your symptoms, which led to the pain.
- After attaining the necessary knowledge, the practitioner will perform a physical examination on you. They will check the parts near your hip where it hurts the most. They will check your tongue — the rhythm of your wrist and the color of your face.
- This physical examination is necessary. Expect the practitioner to take their time. This will take up to 60 minutes. Some may take up 30 minutes.
- The severity of your condition will determine the number of treatments you need for your hip pain.
- After close inspection, the practitioner will insert the specific points that need stimulation with pre-sterilized needles. The needles are super thin that helps reduce pain and discomfort.
- Usually, five to twenty needles are inserted depending on the treatment. The practitioner will place them in the correct points depending on the type of pain in your hip joint.
- You may feel slight pain when the needle reaches a certain depth.
- The needles are inserted for about ten to twenty minutes before removal. You need to lie still and not move.
- The practitioner may move and twirl the needles while they’re inserted in you. They may apply heat or light electrical pulses to the needles.
- After twenty minutes, the practitioner will remove the needles. No pain is felt during this process.
You may feel relaxed or energized after the procedure. Every person responds to the therapy differently. If you feel no change after a few weeks, then this process will not help you in your hip pain.
However, there are a few risks involved with acupuncture. If you have a bleeding disorder, this therapy is not for you because the needles are not properly sterilized, you may catch infectious diseases. If the needle breaks, there is also a threat to it damaging an internal organ. People with fears of needles cannot pick this therapy for their hip pain; they will have to refer to other methods. It is advised that you look for an expert to handle your problem.
Acupuncture is a pain-relieving procedure. It causes minimal pain to the patient, and it helps you feel relaxed. Not only is this therapy good for your hip pain, but it can also help you release stress and anxiety. Overall, it has many benefits. It provides people with an alternative method of healing if they feel uncomfortable opting for surgery.
Does acupuncture hurt?
No, it does not. The needles are thin and you don’t feel anything during the insertion.
Does acupuncture only cure hip pain?
No, it can also be used to cure cancer and other body-related diseases.
Does acupuncture cause bleed?
If you have a bleeding disorder, your chances of bleeding during the therapy are increased.