Recent years have seen an increase in the cases of hair thinning, excessive hair loss and pattern baldness. Healthy and strong hair enhances your beauty while on the other hand excessive loss of it can depress you and profoundly affect your confidence. Studies reveal that a majority of hair problems are due to an inappropriate diet which does not provide you with a sufficient amount of nutrients necessary for healthy living.
Increasing pollution, use of chemical products and excessive stress are add-ons to the problem causing havoc in your life. If you are done using chemical products for addressing the hair issues, try using MSM. Chemical treatments doOils much more damage than good to you, hence go natural with MSM for Hair Growth and get your thick and luscious strands back quickly.
MSM for Hair Growth
Hair Loss is a common problem in both men and women. As such, numerous treatments have been surfacing to treat the issue. There are many posts which constantly flood Internet that share remedies for getting healthy hair, but most of them do not work. Also, the products available in the market contain chemicals that savagely harm your hair. Thus, if you are looking for a proven remedy that works and promotes hair growth without damaging your strands, then you should try MSM for Hair Growth. It will give you back your beautiful, shiny hair in no time.
What is MSM?
MSM is an abbreviated term for methylsulfonylmethane (CH3)2SO2. It is a compound rich in organic sulfur which is an essential nutrient your body requires for healthy hair, skin, and nails. The compound is abundantly found in nature. It is present in numerous foods that you eat such as green vegetables, seafood, milk, onions and more. Not only in foods, but it is also found in you.
Sulfur is said to be one of the building blocks of life, and your body requires it for adequate functioning. However, due to inappropriate lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and consuming food which is ripped off its nutrients can lead to the deficiency of sulfur in your body which can be seen in the form of excessive hair loss, baldness, wrinkled skin, and chipped nails. Experts claim that one can effectively fight the deficiency of sulfur in their body by taking in MSM supplements that can promote your overall health and boost hair growth.
Why MSM for Hair Growth?
MSM is a compound found in nature, but can it promote hair growth? Well yes, studies claim that MSM can provide you healthy hair for its effective role in keratin and collagen production(1). Here are the reasons as to why you should use MSM for Hair Growth.
- Organic sulfur is required by your body to make Keratin which is known to regulate the growth of your hair. Keratin is the protein which serves as the building block of your hair strands. Good Keratin levels in your scalp ensure the growth of healthy and strong hair. It also helps your strands fight the excessive damage caused due to chemicals and heat and get rid of the accumulation of toxins on the scalp.
- There are three sages in the hair growth cycle: the growing stage known as anagen, the intermediate stage known as telogen and the shedding stage which is catagen. Studies show that including MSM in your hair care routine can significantly improve your strands and boost their growth by lengthening the anagen stage or converting telogen into anagen.
Thus, you can use MSM for hair growth as it strengthens the follicles by providing Keratin to your scalp which is required for the growth of hair strands and elongating the anagen stage. Many people have found it quite useful in reversing their hair loss. Hence, if you also wish to promote the growth of your hair, then include MSM in your hair care routine now.
How To Use MSM Powder For Hair Growth?
After learning about MSM and its role in promoting hair growth you might be willing to try it immediately. Here are some ways in which you can use MSM for hair growth and get your beautiful strands back easily.
1. Take MSM Supplements orally
The best way to increase the amount of sulfur in your body and boost hair growth is taking MSM supplements(2). MSM, as you already know by now is rich in sulfur which increases the production of Keratin that forms the structure of your hair and strengthens it.
How to take the supplements?
- MSM tablets are readily available in the market. You can add them to your daily diet for strengthening your hair.
- The recommended dosage for MSM is 6 grams per day divided into three equal doses. However, in the initial stages when you start taking MSM tablets, it is advised that you start with a smaller dose to know how your body will react to MSM supplements.
- You must take the tablets regularly for at least two weeks to see effective results.
- Alternatively, if you do not wish to take the tablets, you can try MSM powder. Mix MSM powder in water and gulp it down. Before consuming it, you must read the instructions on the label to know what quantity of powder should be mixed in water.
2. Use MSM Shampoo for Hair Growth
MSM shampoo containing 5 to 10% of the compound is also known to provide effective results. Though it might not work as quickly as the oral supplements, it can be a good option if you do not wish to take MSM tablets or powder. MSM shampoo for hair growth is available in the market. However, if you are not able to find it, then you can make it easily at home by using some natural ingredients and boost the growth of your hair.
How to make MSM Shampoo?
- Boil two cups of distilled water
- Add half an ounce of lavender, nettles, sage, and rosemary to the water
- Mix the contents and remove them from it
- After that, leave the mixture for thirty minutes and allow it to cool
- Then add 2 grams of MSM powder to the mix and let it stay for about forty minutes
- After that strain the mixture into another bowl
- Take a plastic bottle and add to it the prepared herbal mixture and liquid castile soap in the ratio 1:2
- Store the shampoo in a cool and dry place.
Besides the ways mentioned above, you can also increase your intake of MSM by eating foods rich in the sulfur-rich compound. Add in eggs, legumes, fish, garlic, onion, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, Kale, etc., in your diet that can promote the growth of healthy hair and skin.
A word of caution
Though MSM is usually considered safe for your health, you must seek the advice of your doctor before starting the oral supplements of MSM for hair growth. Your doctor might help you understand the real issue behind the baldness and tell you if the treatment will work or not.
MSM is said to pose no significant health risks, side-effects(3) and does not interact with drugs. However, you must avoid taking the supplements in some instances like those mentioned below:
- Stop the intake of MSM for hair growth in case you experience a severe headache, stomach pain, fatigue or diarrhea after consuming it.
- Also, you must stop taking MSM tablets if consumption of MSM supplements causes skin rashes, inflammation or breathing troubles.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should also avoid taking MSM supplements as there is not sufficient evidence to prove MSM to be safe for infants. Even if you are planning a pregnancy, avoid taking MSM supplements.
Other uses of MSM
Besides promoting hair growth, MSM has numerous other positive effects on your health and body. Here are some of the other benefits of taking MSM supplements:
- Consuming MSM can effectively ease joint pain: MSM supplements can also be taken to relieve joint or muscle pain. Joint degeneration causes pain in your knees, hands, back, and hips. Studies show that MSM can effectively reduce the inflammation in joints which causes excessive pain. Also, is also known to prevent the breakdown of cartilage which protects your joints.
- MSM promotes recovery from muscle damage: If intense exercise is causing muscle soreness and inflammation, then start taking in MSM supplements. Studies show that taking in MSM accelerates muscle recovery and reduces swelling after prolonged training or intense exercise.
- MSM boosts immunity: Poor diet, excessive stress, illness, lack of sleep can all lead to a weakened immune system. If you wish to improve your health, it is necessary that you work upon your immunity. MSM plays an active role in the production of glutathione, an antioxidant that can effectively reduce the oxidative stress and improve the functioning of your immune system.
- MSM supplements can treat the symptoms of Arthritis: Arthritis causes pain and stiffness in your joints affecting their mobility. Consuming MSM supplements can alleviate the symptoms of the condition owing to their potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- MSM can alleviate allergy symptoms: Animal Danger, molds and pollens can trigger allergic rhinitis, an allergic reaction that causes itching, sneezing, watery eyes, nasal congestion or a runny nose. When your body gets exposure to such allergens, it reacts by releasing cytokines and prostaglandins that cause unpleasant symptoms. MSM can prevent such symptoms by preventing the production of cytokines and prostaglandins in your body and reducing the inflammation.
Poor diet and modern lifestyle, are the primary culprits behind hair thinning and baldness. Healthy and strong hair represents healthy you. However, maintaining the health of the hair and preventing it from damage has become quite challenging due to the lack of essential nutrients in your body that can strengthen it naturally. As such one resorts to chemical products that provide short term results.
The increasing appearance of the scalp with each passing day can significantly affect your confidence level. But you must not give in. Instead of undergoing chemical treatments, you must try to reverse the damage naturally. Try incorporating MSM for hair growth in your diet. It will naturally strengthen your hair and promote its growth. Besides, taking in MSM supplements, you can also eat foods rich in MSM to get lustrous and beautiful hair.