There are many Vetiver essential oil benefits(1) you can take advantage of while being at home. It is a perfect product for skincare, including acne. It can be used as an antiseptic to clean wounds and cuts, prevent bacterial attack and infection. Using Vetiver oil is also a new way to build your energy after an exhausting day as it boosts your body. Besides, it is also used to cool the body’s temperature after a muscular workout and equally helps in soothing your anxiety.
It is usually taken as a medicine for nerve and circulation issues, digestive tract pain, for reducing inflammation, and hormonal balance. Due to its sedative nature, it helps people relieve anger, stress, or helps to cope with depression, becoming an assertive essential oil sleep inducer. It has a healing property that removes scars and other marks from the body.
Moreover, it is non-toxic. It provides softness and growth. Due to its aromatic effects, it helps in aromatherapy; it is also used as a coloring agent in beverages, drinks, and other foodstuffs. Vetiver essential oil benefits for sleep also improves your breathing patterns.
How to Use Vetiver Essential Oil?
There are many different ways(2) to get vetiver essential oil benefits, but the most important one is providing soothing effects in an anxiety state. Furthermore, you can make it at home easily. Here are some quick and easy methods which as listed below:
- Place a handful of dried Vetiver plant material into a large pot.
- Fill the pot with distilled water.
- Cook on low for 24-36 hours. Then shut it off and leave the crackpot open.
- Cover with a piece of cheesecloth and put away from sunlight for a week.
- After a week, separate the oil collected on the top of the water and place it in a jar.
- Keep the jar open for another week so that the remaining water can evaporate. Later store it for 12 months.
Also, there are various ways to use it- topical or inhalation. Vetiver oil usually is not used in either direction; instead, it’s diluted in a carrier oil like almond, coconut, or jojoba oil, and then rubbed on the skin.
- Skin Treatment: It is used to treat severe skin conditions like rashes, acne, sunburn, eczema, etc. by merely applying directly to the skin. Its antiseptic properties help in face cleansing. Add one drop in 3 drops of coconut oil and apply it to a clean and dry face.
- Immunity Boost: To improve the immunity of the individual. Add 1–2 drops to tea or hot drinks.
Following Are the Uses of Vetiver Oil:
- Aromatherapy by Vetiver essential oil helps in soothing the mental state of an individual.
- It kills bacteria and infection if used topically on the skin.
- It is a natural remedy for anxiety and found in medicines.
- It also acts as an ingredient in air fresheners, body perfumes, etc
- Lyme disease – although it’s hard to treat it, can be cured by Vetiver oil
- It could be utilized as a pain reliever in chemotherapy
- Used in homes as bugs-repellent
- It gives a relaxing effect on the body, also a blood purifier.
It also gives soothing, cleansing, and aromatic effect. Although, Vetiver oil side effects may occur as it contains other harmful substances which severely affect the sensitive skin. Thus, it’s better to make your home skincare products, or a prescription must be taken from a doctor before use. A sensitivity test must be sought before using it. It is considered safe and non-toxic but still cannot be used during pregnancy without appropriate information as it could cause miscarriages. It must be kept in mind that essential oils must never be ingested. The vetiver essential oil benefits are ample.
[Read: Vetiver oil for Hair Loss]
Vetiver is an essential oil extracted from the roots of the Vetiver plant. It has non-toxic compounds having no severe side-effects, which make it perfect for skincare and especially acne. Vetiver essential oil benefits is preferred for its soothing effects in case of anxiety, anger, and depression, which is better than taking antidepressants, and it could also be used in chemotherapy as a reliever. However, you may make it at home by growing vetiver plants which would be more accessible for people. At last, it is an excellent choice for skincare, disease treatment, and mental disorders. It can help you control body hormones naturally.
1. Can You Put Vetiver Oil Directly on the Skin?
You can apply it directly but have the exception of sensitive skin as it will show reaction with harmful substances present in it. So always seek doctor’s advice before experimenting with any new things on your body.
2. What Are the Detrimental Effects of Vetiver Oil?
Possible side effects are still unknown, but it’s harmful in pregnancy and when breastfeeding. It may lead to a miscarriage of the fetus.