You want to speak your heart out, but you can’t. You have a thought in your mind, and you want the world to know it, but you can’t speak it out from your mouth. You want to take part in debates, but you can’t because you know that with laryngitis you can’t say even a single sentence accurately. But what is laryngitis? Is it a disease or a disorder? So here is the answer to the question.
The inflammation and swelling of the voice box and the vocal cords is a disease that gets medically termed as laryngitis. The swelling and pain get aggravated with infections and attacks of flu, common cold, bronchitis, and respiratory disorders. It impairs the production of voice and sound from the throat and strains the sensitive vocal cords.
However, there is nothing in this world that cannot be fixed and it’s the same for the irritated larynx. Read on to find out the wonderful laryngitis remedies you can prepare at home with simple and natural ingredients.
Remedies for laryngitis
What causes laryngitis?
Some of the most common causes of laryngitis are listed below. The laryngitis remedies can help to keep all the causes at bay and can soothe the pain and inflammation in24 hours.
- Bacterial infection
- Fungal infection
- Exposure to harsh fumes
- Respiratory diseases like coughing fits, colds, etc.
- Laryngeal cancer
The home treatment of laryngitis can address all the symptoms and heal the irritation and inflammation of the throat in no time. Some of the symptoms and signs of laryngitis are listed below.
- Soreness of throat
- Fevers and chills
- Hoarseness of voice
- Impairment of voice
- Swelling in the glands
[Also Read: Cure Laryngitis Naturally]
Top 6 extraordinary natural laryngitis remedies
Try the following laryngitis remedies for better results.
How to cure the inflammation of the recurrent laryngeal nerve and superior laryngeal nerve by using garlic?
The consumption of raw cloves of garlic is an effective way of how to get rid of viral laryngitis and inflammation of the laryngeal nerve.
How to use?
- Crush the garlic and chew the crushed bit slowly
- Let the pungent garlic juice warm down your throat
- Alternatively, soak the crushed pieces of garlic in apple cider vinegar and eat the soaked pieces on a daily basis on an empty stomach to cure the throbbing pain and inflammation of the larynx
The antimicrobial nature of garlic is incredibly beneficial for the natural treatment of viral and bacterial laryngitis. It inhibits the microbial action and accelerates the cure garlic in and irritation of the empty stomach. The expectorant properties of garlic help in the expulsion of mucus and relieve the throat of congestion and pain.
Do not proceed with this remedy if you are allergic to garlic or if garlic triggers acid reflux in your digestive system.
How to cure laryngitis in babies by using organic honey
The consumption of organic honey is highly effective for the natural treatment of laryngitis(1) remedies in babies. Honey is gentle on the digestive system of infants, and its sweet taste is appealing as well.
How to use?
- Feed a teaspoon of honey to the baby twice a day
- Mix a tablespoon of warm water to a teaspoon of organic honey and feed the solution to the baby
- For adults, prepare a cup of honey and basil tea and add a pinch of powdered cayenne to it. Drink the tea twice daily for the cure of laryngitis
- Alternatively, you can also have candied honeya nd ginger laryngitis throat lozenge for the natural healing of laryngitis
Benefits of using honey
Honey is highly effective in the cure of pain and inflammation. It soothes the throat by forming a film that helps to soothe the soreness.
Foods to eat
The foods mentioned below are highly beneficial for the alleviation of pain, inflammation, and swelling in the throat. Eat them as apart of laryngitis remedies.
- Basil tea
- Onion juice
- Bell peppers
- Chicken stew
- Tomato soup
- Ginger tea
- Frozen fruits
- Cold milk
- Fruit juice
- Green tea
- Fresh green vegetables and fruits
Foods to avoid
Avoid the following foods to preserve the health of the larynx.
- Sugary beverages
- Ice-creams and other frozen desserts
- Fries and chips
- Fast foods
- Caffeinated drinks
- Carbonated beverages like soda, etc.
2. Herbal treatments
How to get rid of laryngeal fracture and laryngeal spasm by using slippery elm?
You can use the gel produced from the slippery elm for the effective home treatment of laryngeal fracture, laryngeal spasm, and laryngeal cough.
How to use?
- Put a handful of fresh slippery elm herb in a cup of water
- Let the mixture sit until it turns into a thick gel
- Eat a tablespoon of the gel by quick swallowing in every couple of hours to soothe the pain, cough, fracture, and irritation of the laryngeal nerve
- Alternatively, you can also try slippery elm laryngitis throat lozenge for the cure of laryngitis
Benefits of using slippery elm
The consumption of slippery elm gel helps in soothing the passage of the throat by the formation of a mucilaginous film which alleviates the pain and cures the inflammation of the internal laryngeal nerve. The smooth film protects the nerve and can also cure dry laryngeal cough and sore throat.
Eat a tiny amount of slippery elm gel before taking a considerable amount of it to ensure that your digestive system is not sensitive to it.
3. Essential Oils
How to treat the inflammation of the left recurrent laryngeal nerve and the right recurrent laryngeal nerve by using eucalyptus essential oil?
Eucalyptus essential oil is one of the most effective essential oils for laryngitis remedies. It is especially useful for the home treatment of laryngeal nerve infection and laryngeal edema as well.
How to use?
- Boil two cups of water
- Pour the hot water into a bowl
- Add a teaspoon of eucalyptus essential oil to the hot water
- Inhale the volatile and fragrant water vapor before going to bed at night
- Use a towel to cover your head and the bowl so that the vapor does not escape into the surroundings
- Do this on a daily basis for the natural cure of laryngitis
Benefits of using eucalyptus essential oil
The inhalation of eucalyptus oil vapors is remarkably curative for a sore throat, bacterial laryngitis, viral laryngitis, and inflammation of the laryngitis nerve. The vapors reach the throat and inhibit toxic bacterial action, infection, and inflammation. The warmth of the vapors soothe the pain and soreness of the throat and bring about a visible improvement in the production of voice and sound from the larynx.
Inhale the vapor slightly to ensure that you do not feel any burning sensation in your nostril upon inhalation. Do not over-dilute the oil otherwise its essence and properties will be lost.
4. Home Remedies
How to cure laryngeal paralysis and laryngeal prominence by using apple cider vinegar?
Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective home remedies of laryngeal paralysis and laryngeal prominence.
How to use?
- Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar one tablespoon of organic honey to make a paste
- Add the apple cider and honey paste to a cup of water to prepare a solution
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper powder to the solution
- Drink this solution twice in a day
- Do this daily for the home treatment of laryngeal paralysis and laryngeal prominence
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
The acidic and antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar help in the natural treatment of the inflammation of the laryngeal nerve. You can also gargle with the apple cider vinegar solution for the alleviation of pain of the infected nerve and strained vocal cords.
Do not forget to dilute the apple cider vinegar with plain water before ingestion.
5. Natural treatment
How to treat a laryngitis cough and sore laryngeal muscles by using warm salt water solution?
Gargling with warm salt water solution is a natural cure of laryngeal coughs and soreness of throat.
How to use?
- Boil a cup of water
- Add a teaspoon of common salt to the warm water
- Stir well to prepare a solution
- Gargle with the solution twice a day for about 45-60 seconds
Benefits of using a salt water solution
Gargling with salt water solution is the simplest way of curing of hoarseness of throat, strain in vocal cords, and inflammation of the laryngeal nerve. It also helps in the expulsion of mucus and relieves the throat and sinuses of congestion.
Make sure that the water is not too hot otherwise your mouth might get scalded.
How to prevent laryngitis?
- Do not speak loudly for long periods
- Do not neglect common colds and flu
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Drink warm water during winter soothe and warm your throat
The natural larynx remedies are incredibly useful. They do not leave any side effects and nurse the larynx back to health. Try out the foods and herbs which cure laryngitis. Laryngitis remedies not only aid in the home treatment of laryngitis but also helps to preserve the health of the respiratory system. If you have been waiting for the perfect cure for this disease, then this article is only for you. Try these remedies according to the procedure to get the best results.