Do you have a stuffy nose? Or do you have too much mucus in the nasal passages? Yes? Then your nose drips. You may also feel feverish and sick. These nose problems can be annoying because you can’t even breathe properly, and your sound seems funny while you talk. Right? Here is the answer to your curious question.
These stuffy noses are due to the clogged nose
Natural Methods for Unclog Nose
What causes clogged nose?
Several factors cause clogged nose. Here a few causes listed below.
- Common cold
- Sinus infections
- Hay fever
- Environmental irritants
- Allergies due to pollutants or dust
- Deviation of the nasal septum
- Chronic sinusitis
What are the symptoms of the clogged nose?
Here are a few noticeable symptoms of the clogged nose.
- Excessive mucus in the nasal passage
- Stuffy nose
- Build-up of mucus
- Pain in the sinus
- A runny nose
- Swelling and inflammation in the nasal tissue
Tremendous natural remedies on how to unclog nose?
There are many natural remedies and home remedies on how to unclog nose. Here a few natural methods for the clogged nose that give beneficial results to unclog nose.
1. How to unclog nose with the help of foods?
Honey and lemon:
How to use?
- Take one teaspoon of honey and two teaspoons of lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and stir well
- Consume this mixture immediately
- Do this 3times a day for good results on how to unclog nose
Benefits of honey and lemon:
Honey is rich in antibacterial,anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. These properties of honey soothe the irritated nasal passages. It is one of the foods that unclog nose. You all
How to use?
- Take 4-5 cloves of garlic and a cup of lukewarm water
- Crush a few cloves of garlic and add it in the lukewarm water
- Consume this mixture every morning
- You can also chew the garlic cloves or add them to your daily cooking also
- Consume this 2-3 times daily
Benefits of garlic:
Garlic contains compounds with potent medicinal properties that possess anti-microbial properties. It contains a compound called allicin that gives it most of its medicinal properties. It can combat the irritated vessels. It is used as a natural expectorant to help break down the mucus in the nasal passages. It can help fight viral and bacterial infections and helps to unclog nose pores.
Foods to eat:
These foods can give best results on how to unclog nose and establish good anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Green leafy vegetables fresh fruits
- Soybeans, beans, and lentils
- Garlic, ginger, spices and other herbs
- Spinach, kale, and collards.
- Oranges, lemon, and other citrus fruits
- Warm water and warm drinks
- Wholegrain rice, bread, and other whole grains
Foods to avoid:
These foods tend to aggravate the condition.
- Sweetened beverages (soda)
- Fish and shellfish
- Meat and poultry
- White bread, white rice, and pastries
- High-salt foods
- Dairy and chocolates
Always make sure that you wash your fruits or vegetables before consumption. Because rotten fruits or vegetable can contain bacteria and virus that can make the condition even worse.
2. How to unclog nose with herbs?
How to use?
- Have one tablespoon of turmeric and a ½ tablespoon of salt
- Add the ingredients to a glass of lukewarm water
- Stir it and consume the drink 2-3 times daily to clear mucus
Benefits of turmeric:
Turmeric has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. Curcumin in turmeric is responsible for most of its medicinal properties. It fights bacterial and viral infections when combined with salt. It soothes the infections and treats to unclog nose cold and unclog nose from allergies.
How to use:
- Take whole fresh ginger and cut it into 6-7 pieces
- Have one tablespoon of black peppercorn and one teaspoon of honey
- Heat the water until it begins to simmer
- Add the ginger pieces and peppercorn and close the water with a plate
- Leave it to heat for 5-10minutes
- Now strain and add the honey
- You can also chew the ginger pieces daily
- Consume this mixture daily for effective results on how to unclog nose
Benefits of ginger:
The ginger is a potent natural antihistamineand decongestant agent that has strong anti-bacterial and anti-viralproperties. These properties boost the immunity and treat clogged nose, cough,and many illnesses. Ginger soothes congested nose by drying out excessive mucus in the nasal passages.
3. How to unclog nose with essential oils?
How to use?
- Add a couple of drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a hot water tub
- Cover yourself and the hot tub with the help of a blanket
- Inhale the steam and allow it to go through the nostrils and mouth
- You can also add 1-2 drops of carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil with eucalyptus oil
- Apply and massage the mixture on the chest and the back
- Do this daily to get the best results on how to unclog nose
Benefits of eucalyptus oil:
Eucalyptus oil has a wide variety
How to use?
- Add 6-8 drops of peppermint essential oil in a bowl of streaming how water
- Bend over the bowl and cover yourself and the bowl with blanket or towel
- Now inhale the steam with peppermint oil deeply
- Do this twice a day to get relieved fast on sinus congestion
Benefits of peppermint oil:
The main component of peppermint oil is menthol that is rich in natural expectorant and antispasmodic property. It is one of the widely used essential oil to clear congested nose. The steam from the peppermint oil can go right
Always make sure that before you apply the essential oils on the chest and back of your body, you add carrier oil like coconut or olive oil with them.
4. How to unclog nose with home remedies?
Apple cider vinegar:
How to use?
- Add a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar to a glass of lukewarm water
- Stir it well and consume the mixture
- Consume this drink daily to clear mucus in the nasal passages
Benefits of apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar contains incredibly strong natural miracles. It regulates the pH balance in the body and prevents excessive production of mucus. It is the powerhouse of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties. It can act effectively over the congested nose.
5. How to unclog nose with natural treatments?
How to use?
- Add half a teaspoon of thyme and half a teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Boil 4-5 cups of water
- In a bowl of hot water add the thyme and dried rosemary
- Now inhale the
vapoursof hot water that contains the herbs
- Place the towel over the head to make the steam go directly to the face
- Do this thrice a day
Benefits of steaming:
As you were looking for how to unclog nose with natural treatments, then steaming is the incredible answer that loosens mucus in the nasal passages and clears the airways. It instantly provides relief and soothes the congestion. The vapor containing the thyme and dried rosemary contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidants in it. It will encounter the germs that cause cold and helps on how to unclog nose.
The natural methods and home remedies for how to unclog nose are discussed and are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the nose and lungs. It is not a big deal to remove phlegm and mucus from the nasal passages if you follow these natural remedies regularly. Follow these natural methods and home remedies genuinely.
While doing these remedies make sure you keep all precautions in mind to get effective results. However, if inflammation and allergies persist and become more painful over the time, make sure to consult with a physician.