Blood is a magical fluid which has a crucial job to make your body work properly. It must flow continuously without any interruption throughout your body for healthy living but should shut off within a blink to prevent spills whenever you get an injury.
Blood clotting is a natural phenomenon and is also a vital process which helps to stop bleeding. If ‘how to prevent blood clots’ is the question that is bothering you, then this article will help you find an answer quickly.
What is a blood clot?
Blood clots are jelly-like clumps of blood that prove beneficial when our body wants to stop blood flow during an injury to a blood vessel.
These clots are healthy when they work positively, but they can be harmful when formed in a part where they aren’t needed and can lead to a heart attack, stroke or some other severe medical problems. Menstrual blood clots at the time of periods are a common thing.
But do you know how does blood clot occur? Let’s understand that first.
What causes a blood clot?
Various chemical interactions give rise to the formation of a blood clot in the body. These include: Disruptions in the natural flow of blood due to a blockage
- Disruptions in the natural flow of blood due to a blockage
- Injury to the blood vessels
- Changes in the composition of blood
Signs and Symptoms of Blood Clots
In addition to knowing the leading causes of blood clotting, it is equally important to understand that what does a blood clot feel like? These signs vary depending upon the position of the lump in the body.
- Blood Clot in Heart – chest heaviness, discomfort in upper body parts, shortness of breath, sweating, nausea
- Blood clot in Brain – loss of strength in the face, arms or legs, difficulty in speaking, difficulty in sight, severe headache, dizziness
- Blood clot in Arm or Blood clot in Leg – sudden pain, swelling, tenderness, warm feel on touch
- Blood clot in Lung – severe chest pain, fast heart rate, difficulty in breathing, sweating, fever, coughing with blood clots of mucus
- Blood clot in Abdomen – severe pain in the abdomen area, vomiting
Types of Blood Clots
Arterial Blood Clots
- Arterial blood clots are those that arise in the arteries of the body. These type of clots show instant symptoms on the formation. As this type of clotting restricts oxygen from reaching vital body organs, it leads to a variety of complicated situations like heart attack, paralysis, severe pain, and stroke
Venous Blood Clots
- Venous blood clots are those that occur in the veins. These clots appear gradually over a period and show symptoms slowly
How To Prevent Blood Clots with the help of 5 Amazing Natural Remedies
Blood clots usually dissolve in the body on their own, but when they do not dissolve it becomes a serious matter of concern and should be looked upon with utmost care. There are certain herbs, foods, and home remedies which work naturally to help the body recover from the problem of blood clotting and help you on how to prevent blood clots.
How to dissolve blood clots with magical Foods?
Some foods that act as natural blood thinners help to reduce the risk of blood clotting. A few of these foods for how to prevent blood clots are:
Turmeric is a favorite culinary ingredient and has also been quite popular in the field of medicine. The main constituent of garlic, i.e., curcumin boasts of anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant properties which make it perfect for blood thinning purposes. You can add garlic pieces to your curry for taste, or you can mix it with hot water to make a refreshing cup of tea.
Ginger has a high content of a natural acid known as salicylate which is a potential blood thinner. This magical ingredient can enhance the taste of your food as well as work wonder to get you rid of blood clots.
Cayenne pepper has a strong spice content but is also high in salicylates which makes this ingredient a favorite choice for blood thinning purposes.
Almonds are rich in Vitamin E which fosters blood thinning and removing blood clots.
You can add a pinch of cinnamon to your curry or tea. It will not only increase the taste of your dish and drink multiple times but will also help you to dissolve blood clots naturally if you have one in your body.
How to prevent blood clots using exotic Herbal Remedies?
Herbs and plants are rich in oils and compounds which help the human body to recover from various diseases easily and naturally. They are safe for use on any person irrespective of his age or sex. They usually do not leave behind any side-effect on the body of the person who uses them. Some of the useful herbs on how to prevent blood clots are:
Surprisingly, many people don’t know about the benefits of this amazing herb. Oregano works for culinary purposes, but it also serves as a perfect remedy to reduce the risk of blood clots.
Thyme boasts of several compounds and substances within itself which fosters blood thinning and also helps to keep any existing blood clot at bay.
Vitamin K is a dominant constituent of peppermint which makes the herb enriched with properties that can improve blood circulation and keeping your heart healthy. It acts as an efficient fix for blood clots thereby making you feel healthy.
How to use Essential Oils to cure blood clots?
Essential Oils help in the treatment of blood clot in legs and arms at home efficiently. Some of the oils beneficial for how to prevent blood clots include:
Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum Essential Oil is one of the best essential oils for treating blood clots naturally. It works magically to dismantle coagulated blood under the skin surface.
The oil is safe for ingestion when diluted with a suitable carrier oil. Perhaps applying the oil externally on the affected area is the most favorite way of using this oil. It is a bit costly even for a small quantity, but its advantages are more making it worthy of a high cost.
Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit oil helps to increase blood circulation and flow in different parts of the body. Proper blood flow ensures that there is no clot in any part of the body. If you are using any prior medication, then make sure that before using the grapefruit oil consult your doctor beforehand.
Cypress Essential Oil
This efficient oil helps to break the existing blood clots in the body and caters to prevent the formation of any new blood clot.
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon boasts various advantageous properties which act as a solution for several diseases. You can find the use of lemon oil in body balms as it is beneficial for blood circulation ensuring removal of blood clots from the body naturally.
Basil Essential Oil
With its blood circulation stimulation properties, the basil oil works wonder on the human body in case one is suffering from a blood clot in any body part. Although it does not have a sweet smell, it is famous for its natural health benefits.
A few preventive measures should be kept in mind while using essential oils as a remedy:
- While using the essential oils, use a carrier oil to dilute it first
- They should be used with proper care so that they do not enter the eyes or nose
- Pregnant ladies should consult a doctor before using essential oils
How to prevent blood clots with Natural Supplements to prevent blood clotting?
You can find some of the easily accessible natural supplements below which will teach you how to prevent blood clots:
Berberine is a plant byproduct and is known for showing positive effects on the body in the case of blood thinning.
- Digestive enzymes
Digestive enzymes are rich in natural enzymes that help to break off the blood clots in the body.
Nattokinase is very efficient in dissolving blood clots and enhances blood circulation. Try taking it on an empty stomach for best results.
How to treat blood clotting with some Conventional Ways?
- A blood quality time in the sun. The sun rays help in keeping the blood flowing and also lowers the risk of clot formation
- Drin ample amount of water as lack of water thickens the blood
- Be a noble person and donate blood
- Eat a lot of vegetables, nuts, seeds, and wild seafood for how to prevent blood clots
- Stay active by indulging yourself in various physical activities like dancing, swimming, exercising, and yoga
Precautions and side effects of Using Natural Treatment for Blood Clot Dissolution
- If you a have a high affinity for allergic reactions, then don’t use anything before consulting from your doctor
- Stop the use immediately as soon as you find any wrong response on the body
- Consume the herbs in definite proportions, or else it could harm the body
A blood clot is an essential process which is necessary to control spilling of blood during an injury. Sometimes these clots appear in our body unnecessarily and restrict the flow of blood. It becomes a critical situation.
There are several medicines and pills which foster thinning of blood, but natural ways are always the best remedy for any disease as they usually do not affect the body adversely. This article will help you on how to prevent blood clots with easy and helpful natural ways.