Do you hear some strange crackling sound in your ear? Are your ears always buzzing without any reason? Noises in your ear are a result of a common condition known as Tinnitus. Though it is not damaging to your health, the sounds hint about certain abnormality within the structure of your ear.
While some people may hear faint sound now and then that goes away on its own, there are others who may constantly hear a sharp sound that may further increase in a particular situation. The condition can be annoying and cause much distress affecting your daily life. Here are some effective ways for how to get rid of crackling sound in ear.
Crackling sound in the ear causes?
Following are the factors that may cause crackling sound in your ear.
- The build-up of ear wax in your ear
- Foreign body or object inside the ear
- Some issues in the Eustachian tube
- High doses of diuretic drugs, ibuprofen, and other antibiotic drugs
- Loss of sensory hair cells
- Ear infections
- Constant exposure to loud noise or sudden loud noise
- Temporomandibular joint syndrome disorder
How to get rid of crackling sound in the ear naturally
A high pitch sound in the ear can cause much distress. It can directly affect your mood and quality of work. Further, it can also increase your stress and anxiety levels at times, even blocking the outside sound.
You do not have to live by it as certain home remedies can effectively help to reduce the background sound so that you are better attuned to the outside world. Read below to find out how to get rid of crackling sound in ear easily at home.
1. Foods that may be of help
Making conscious food choices can be helpful in combating the unpleasant noises in your ears. Those suffering from crackling sound in ear should know that that the foods they eat can affect the condition. Some foods can reduce the noise while some can worsen it.
· Foods to eat
Following are the foods that can help minimize ear ringing sound.
- Bananas: The thumping sound in the ear might be due to the buildup of fluid in it. Treat the issue by eating bananas which are a rich source of potassium that helps regulate fluids in your body.
- Pineapple: Pineapples have an anti-inflammatory effect that can help redue the inflammation in your ears and lessen the sounds
- Foods rich in Vitamin B12: These include salmon, red meat and mackerel
- Foods rich in Zinc: These include cashews, yogurt, chicken, lamb, etc.
· Foods to avoid
Following are the foods that can worsen the noise in the ear, hence must be avoided.
- Fast food
- Foods high in sugar
- Foods high in salt
- Foods that use sulfite as a preservative like wine and dried fruits
2. Herbal treatments for Ringing sound in the ear
· How to get rid of crackling sound in
ear with Ginkgo Biloba?
Gingko Biloba is an amazing herb with potent properties that can help treat the fluttering or whooshing sound in the ear.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of dried Gingko Biloba leaves in a cup of water
- Cover the pan and let the water boil for about five minutes
- Turn off the heat and let the solution sit for ten minutes
- Strain the mixture and drink it
- Alternatively, you can consume gingko biloba capsules,tablets, or liquid extract
Benefits of Gingko Biloba
Gingko Biloba has strong antioxidant properties. It contains terpenoids and flavonoids that protect your blood vessels, nerves and heart muscles from damage by free radicals. Further, it improves blood circulation thus aiding in healing and easing the noises in your ear. Drink the miraculous herbal tea to get rid of the wind sound in the ear.
The potent herb may cause vomiting and nausea. If you are on medications, then consult your doctor for consuming it.
3. Essential Oils for treating the sound in the ear
· How to reduce the swishing sound in the ear with Helichrysum Essential Oil?
Helichrysum Essential Oil is one of the best oils for how to get rid of crackling sound in ear. It can effectively reduce the symptoms of the condition.
How to use?
- Mix a few drops of Helichrysum Essential Oil in a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Rub the blend around the ears
Benefits of Helichrysum Essential Oil
Helichrysum essential oil has potent anti-inflammatory and healing properties that make it an effective remedy against the annoying crunching sound in the ear. Being anti-inflammatory it eases the swelling in your ear which is the primary cause of the static sound in the ear. It also helps in draining out excess fluid from your body thus preventing the accumulation of ear wax.
Helichrysum Essential oil is highly potent hence you must use it in diluted form only.
4. Home Remedies
forreducing the sound in ears
· How to get rid of crackling sound in
ear with castor oil?
Castor oil is an effective home remedy for reducing the clicking sound in the ear. If you are experiencing constant buzzing sound in the ear or if there is crackling sound in ear when moving jaw, then try using this castor oil remedy. It is an effective way of reducing the noises in your ear.
How to use?
- Use a dropper to pour about six drops o castor oil directly in your ear
- Close the ear with a cotton swab
- Keep it in for an hour and then remove it
- Repeat the process daily for a couple of weeks to reduce the sound
- Place seven to eight drops of castor oil on your tongue
- Keep it in your mouth for about five minutes
- After that, drink a glass of water
- Repeat the remedy every day to get results
Benefits of Castor Oil
Castor oil has potent anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial properties which make it one of the best remedies for how to get rid of crackling sound in ear. The sound in your ear can be due to an ear infection. Castor oil due to its potent properties can effectively fight the infection. It helps in clearing the ear canal and restores the functioning of ear cells so that you can hear correctly.
Do not insert the cotton swab too deep in your ear canal.
5. Natural Treatments to clear the ringing sound in the ear
· How to get relieffrom popping ears with Valsalva Maneuver
The popping sound in the ear can be because of change in altitude or due to infections. You can get rid of it quickly by employing the Valsalva Maneuver technique that can help reduce the noise issue in your ear.
What to do?
- Inhale deeply via mouth and hold on to the breath
- After that, breathe out forcible through your nostrils
- You might hear a faint pop sound indicating that your ear’s Eustachian tubes are open again
Benefits of Valsalva Maneuver
Valsalva Maneuver is a fantastic technique for how to get rid of crackling sound in ear. If you experience a crackling sound in the ear when touched, or there has been background noise in your ear for quite some time, then try out this incredible remedy. This technique increases the pressure on your chest and helps in opening the airways that might have got blocked causing excessive noise and pressure in your ear.
Do not blow out the air from your nostrils with too much force as it may adversely damage your eardrum.
How to prevent the crackling sound in the ear?
The constant ringing sound in the ear can be bothersome. It may be due to some severe issues in your ear structure or some external factors as well. Here are some tips that can help prevent the annoying sound.
- Stay away from loud noises
- Reduce your stress levels by engaging in yoga or some physical exercise
- Get sound sleep
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water at least eight to ten glasses in a day
- Boost your immunity and prevent infections like cold and flu that can congest your ears
- Limit your alcohol consumption. Alcohol dilates the blood vessels and increases the blood flow which can cause fluttering sound in the ear
So, these were some of the effective remedies for how to get rid of crackling sound in