Chamomile tea has tons of benefits for our body. This herb has been proven to have multiple pharmacological and medicinal benefits for the human body (1). Using chamomile oil benefits for skin can relieve acne and eczema. It also reduces the inflammation and redness vanishes and gives you a scar-free skin. It also gets rid of skin rashes and scarring. Along with hydrating and moisturizing the skin, it also adds radiance. It is also known to be very useful in healing sunburns. It also makes the skin look young, moisturized, and blemish-free. Chamomile gets rid of crow’s feet and dark circles, hampering the beauty of your eyes with the regular application.
The use of chamomile oil benefits for hair enriches hair color and radiance. It brightens up the blonde hair instantly. It accentuates the natural highlights in your hair. A few drops can be applied on your towel-dried hair to give them a lovely shine.
It also acts as a natural anti-dandruff agent. Chamomile is a very effective natural solution for hair lice. Also, it hydrates the scalp, thus eases the associated irritation and itching. It also moisturizes and softens the hair. Due to its nerve soothing properties, chamomile oil is wonderful for nourishing the hair and scalp. It is effective on brittle hair.
Chamomile oil uses include its consumption as a natural antidepressant (2). The sweet aroma of this oil calms one down and helps to relax. It gets the brain rejuvenated. Its tranquilizing and sedating properties make it suitable for prenatal massages to help the expectant mother relax. It is also used as a homemade analgesic. It alleviates the pain due to arthritis.
It also reduces the pain caused by cold, sinusitis, and migraine. Steam inhalation with chamomile oil benefits can unclog your stuffy nose. This oil is known to have a significant impact on various stomach disorders, such as diarrhea, constipation, and even gallstones. One of the substantial chamomile essential oil benefits is the conditioning of the central nervous system. It helps the CNS to work efficiently and prevent health conditions, such as anxiety and sleep disorders.
Chamomile Essential Oil Recipes
1. Chamomile Essential Bath for Release Stress
You can use Chamomile oil during bathing. For preparing chamomile bath oil, you will need to mix the following ingredients; 3/4 cup sweet almond oil, 1/4 cup fractionated coconut oil, 18 drops of lavender essential oil, 9 drops of rosemary essential oil, 10 drops of camphor essential oil, 20 drops of chamomile essential oil, and a glass mason jar for infusing the chamomile oil. Follow the steps given below.
- Infuse the chamomile oil with a cup of almond oil in a mason jar.
- Tighten the lid and put aside for 3 – 4 weeks.
- Strain out the chamomile.
- Take a funnel and pour the almond oil into a bottle.
- Add coconut oil and other essential oils.
- You can add more chamomile flowers or other dried herbs.
- Shake well to combine and store for later use.
- When filling up the tub, pour 1 – 2 spoonfuls of the mixture under running water.
- Allow the oils to disperse properly in the tub before going in.
- Soak yourself for half an hour then gently dry with a towel
2. Chamomile Hair Conditioner for Shiny Hair
You can also use chamomile as a hair conditioner for shiny hair.
- Mix 6 drops chamomile essential oil with 8 drops of thyme essential oil, 6 drops lavender oil, and 5 drops clear sage oil in 30 ml jojoba oil.
- Massage one teaspoon of the mixture on your scalp thoroughly.
- Leave it for at least a night.
- Wash your hair with a sulfur-free shampoo twice.
- Use this conditioner three times a week until you achieve the desired results.
[Read: Peppermint Oil for Hair Loss]
Roman chamomile oil benefits is safe for most people when used in reasonable amounts. When used in large quantities may cause vomiting. For some people, when applied directly to the skin, it can lead to skin redness and itchiness.
Chamomile oil benefits is proven to cause miscarriages and affect the health of the nursing infant. It may cause allergies in people who are sensitive to the Asteraceae/Compositae family. Members of this family include chrysanthemums, ragweed, marigolds, and daisies. Be sure to check with your physician before using chamomile if you are pregnant, nursing, or have allergies. It may cause conjunctivitis too.
Chamomile oil has a plethora of benefits when it comes to health. It relieves gastrointestinal, skin, hair, and CNS symptoms(3). It is commonly used to alleviate pain in arthritis and sciatica. It has a nerve soothing effect, so it causes relaxation and peaceful sleep.
When used in a higher amount, it may cause vomiting or skin reactions. It is considered unsafe for use in pregnant and breastfeeding females. People allergic to the Compositae family of plants might be allergic to chamomile.
1. How does chamomile oil help with anxiety?
The flavonoids present in chamomile oil produce a soothing and relaxing effect on your nervous system, reducing anxiety.
2. What will be the effect of chamomile oil on my hair?
Chamomile oil gives you smooth, healthy, and shiny hair. It is also used widely to accentuate natural highlights of the hair.
3. Can chamomile oil be used to cure insomnia?
It is a very effective solution for sleep disorders. Just put some chamomile oil in an oil warmer and light a candle. The scent of chamomile will induce relaxation and sleep in no time.