Useful Benefits of Tea
Is black tea good for you? Black tea benefits can be considered one of the most nutritious beverages known to humans. Black tea is rich in multiple antioxidants. These antioxidants help in the removal of free radicals. As a result, cellular damage inside the body is prevented.
At the same time, the flavonoids present in black tea can reduce blood sugar levels. The list of black tea nutritional facts can not be completed without mentioning the positive effect it has on body cholesterol.
[Read: Green Tea for Acne]
Black tea actively removes LDL, which is responsible for plaque build-up in arteries. Moreover, one of the numerous health benefits of black tea includes bacterial removal from the gut. It can kill harmful substances and boost immunity.
Similarly, black tea benefits include the lowering of blood pressure, which reduces the chances of stroke. (1) Conventionally, black tea has been used as a treatment for cancer. The polyphenols in black tea can kill the cancerous cells inside the body. It can also reduce the chances of recurrence of such cells.
At the same time, L-theanine, an alerting compound, is abundant in black tea benefits. This compound, combined with the caffeine present in black tea, can improve focus. It may also boost brain activity. As a result, it can be beneficial if taken before any task that requires deep concentration. Students may benefit from it at the time of the study.
[Read: Tea for Pain Relief from Cramps]
Easy to Use Black Tea- A Perfect Home Remedy for Health Benefits
It is quite easy to make black tea at home. You may follow the following simple method for brewing black tea.
- You need tea leaves for brewing tea. Apart from that, you may opt for sugar cubes or crystals to sweeten the drink. Some people prefer using honey for sweetening.
- Put one cup of water in a pan. If you are want to sweeten the tea, add sugar cubes to the water.
- Cook the tea on medium flame. Make sure the heat is not very high as it can cause the water to evaporate quickly. You may continue heating the water for around two minutes. Stir the water occasionally to ensure that all sugar cubes are dissolved
- Once the water reaches the boiling point, add tea leaves to the water. You must stir the water regularly to ensure that the tea is extracted fully.
- Cook for another two minutes on medium flame.
- Once the water starts to change color, turn the flame to the lower level, and cover the pan. Leave the pan covered for around two more minutes.
- You may strain the black tea after completing this process.
- Honey may be added for better taste and additional benefits. Apart from that, you may add a few drops of essential oils for better aroma. Essential oils also boost the antioxidant properties of the remedy.
- You may add milk to the tea. This practice is common in some South-East Asian countries as milk improves the flavor of the drink. At the same time, it increases the tea benefits.
Another way to use black tea is by direct application on the skin. Black tea benefits skin in multiple ways. For example, black tea can help remove puffiness and dark circles around the eyes. The method of doing so is quite simple: you must place the tea bags under the eyes. You may even opt for an herbal bath in black tea to improve your general skin health. It can also provide sun protection to the skin.
[Read: Tea for Inflammation]
However, it must be noted that black tea has specific adverse impacts too. High consumption of black tea can disturb sleep patterns. It may cause dizziness, ringing in the ears, and confusion. Anxiety levels can also increase if black tea is consumed in high amounts regularly.
At the same time, more than 5 cups of black tea daily can result in excessive aluminum intake. (2) It is recommended that you must consult your doctor before starting any regular remedy. You must discuss your current health condition to ensure that black tea intake does not aggravate illness or any symptoms.
Black tea benefits may be considered a blessing in the world of beverages. It is a low-calorie beverage that can provide numerous health benefits.
The tea is suitable for the treatment of many health issues. However, regular intake may result in anxiety problems and other health issues. If your doctor allows you to use it regularly, then moderate consumption can be beneficial for your health. However, black tea may aggravate some illnesses, so take it always in moderate amounts.
[Read: Cardamom Tea Benefits]
1. Is Black Tea Healthy?
Back tea can provide numerous health benefits to your body. It can help in improving your skin and removing dark spots. At the same time, it can also reduce blood pressure and body sugar levels. Thus, it can be safely concluded that black tea can be healthy for you.
2. Does Black Tea Have Antioxidants?
Black tea can provides multiple antioxidants to your body. It also destroys the free radicals that can damage your body. The antioxidants in black tea can remove plaque and prevent the development of cancer cells.
3. What Are the Adverse Impacts of Black Tea?
Black tea can cause anxiety disorders if taken in excessive amounts. It can also mess with sleep patterns and result in dizziness.