While pimples can appear anywhere on your body, they are notoriously known for targeting your face. About 40 to 50 million Americans(1) suffer from facial pimples.
However, the most inconvenient location where they may pop up would be inside the nose. What? Can you get a pimple in your nose? Unfortunately, it is true and very much possible!
A pimple inside the nose is not only inconvenient but also rather painful. Further, leaving the pimple bump inside your nose untreated could result in:
- Nasal furuncles along with cellulitis
- Nasal vestibulitis
- Ingrown hair
Remedies for Pimple Inside Nose
Here are some remedies for the painful pimples inside the nose:
CURE 1: Home Remedies
1. Warm Compress
While warm compress by itself cannot help in getting rid of the pimple inside the nose, it is surely useful in handling swollen pimples inside your nose.
A warm compress over the affected area will promote blood flow to the region(2). As a result, it will help in reducing inflammation of the surrounding areas, thereby, soothing the pain caused by pimples inside the nose.
How to Use?
- Place the warm compress over the affected region.
- Let it stay for about 5 minutes.
- Do this two to three times a day.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil possesses potent anti-inflammatory(3) properties that help in reducing the swelling and redness that comes with pimples, especially inside the nose. Further, the antibacterial qualities of coconut oil can fight the root cause of pimple formation.
How to Use
- Take a few drops of cold-pressed coconut oil.
- Dip your finger in it and apply inside your nose, over and around the pimple.
- Allow the oil to dry.
- Continue to apply coconut oil two to three times daily.
[ Read: Get Rid of Pimples on Nose Naturally ]
CURE 2: Essential Oils
1. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary essential oil has a pleasant woody smell. This oil has been widely used in traditional medicine practices. Rosemary oil possesses antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties(4) that not only help in healing pimples but also in preventing any further breakouts.
How to Use
- Mix one to two drops of rosemary oil with ten drops of coconut oil.
- Apply the blend over the pimple inside the nose.
- Let your skin absorb the essential oils.
- Apply this two to three times a day.
2. Tea Tree Oil
If you are looking for a reliable treatment for the pimple inside your nose, then tea tree oil is your best bet. It is well-known that tea tree oil possesses powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the redness and inflammation brought by the pimple. Additionally, the antibacterial agents fight the pimple-causing bacteria(5).
How to Use
- Mix two to three drops of tea tree oil with 10 ml of coconut oil.
- Apply the essential oil blend over the pimple and let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Do this at least two to three times a day.
[ Read: Tea Tree Oil for Pimple ]
CURE 3: Topical Application
Loaded with Vitamin C, lemons can offer a host of goodness to your skin. Here’s how you can use make use of lemons to treat a pimple inside the nose.
Lemon possesses antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that establish an environment that is not only unfit for acne-causing bacteria but also limits their growth. At the same time, the anti-inflammatory nature of lemon juice(6) can help reduce the intensity of pain and swelling inside the nose.
How to Use
- Dilute two to three drops of lemon juice in a teaspoon of water.
- Dip the earbud or Q-tip in the solution
- Use it to apply the lemon juice over the pimple-affected area.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Use the other end of the earbud or Q-tip to clean the area using warm water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has emerged as something more than a viral fitness fad. It is a fitting solution to a range of issues. The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar possesses astringent and anti-inflammatory qualities that help in healing the pimple and improving skin condition. Further, the antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar can fight pimple-causing bacteria such as Staphylococcus.
How to Use
- Dip the earbud in the apple cider vinegar and apply over the pimple.
- Clean the area after leaving the solution on for at least 30 minutes.
- Use equal parts of water to dilute the apple cider vinegar if you have sensitive skin.
- Do this once a day.
[ Read: Treat Nose Piercing Bump ]
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is quite effective in getting rid of pimples. Loaded with anti-inflammatory agents, hydrogen peroxide is capable of bringing down the swelling that normally surrounds a pimple. It can also help in curing non-inflammatory pimples(7).
How to Use
- Soak the earbud in 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (if you have sensitive skin, dilute the hydrogen peroxide solution in some water)
- Dab it over the pimple.
- Let it be for about 20 minutes and then wash off the hydrogen peroxide.
- Following this routine two to three times a day will lead to effective results.
Pimple Prevention Tips
Here’s how you can prevent the formation of pimples inside your nose:
- Avoid picking at your nose too much.
- Increase your Vitamin D intake.
- Refrain from blowing your nose too hard and too often.
- Avoid makeup.
- Learn effective ways to manage stress.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid touching your face too often.
[ Read: Remove Pimples Naturally ]
Try out these home remedies to watch your pimple inside the nose disappear in no time. Normally, pimples that are not filled with pus take about a few days to a couple of weeks to heal.
On the other hand, pus-filled pimples take at least ten days and as much as a month to heal. If the pimple appears to get worse with time, consult your physician immediately.
1. What are the common symptoms of a pimple inside the nose?
The common signs and symptoms include:
- Whitehead formation or clogged pores.
- Nodules (large painful bumps)
- Papules (tender red bumps)
- Pustules (pus-head pimples)
- Pain and discomfort
2. Can you pop a pimple inside your nose?
It is not recommended to pop a pimple that is present inside your nose. It may lead to scarring. Try any of the abovementioned remedies to dry it out and get rid of it naturally.
3. When should you see a doctor?
Seek urgent medical care if you experience:
- Double vision
- Painful, red rash