We become extra careful with our skincare during winters and summers. While the winters bring flakey, dry skin and summers bring the scorching heat along, we tend to forget it’s the monsoon season!
In the Monsoons, we experience severe sweat, humidity, heat as well as moisture and dampness. This fluctuating weather makes people with combination skin look dry and dull, and our skin feels like an oil well.
While your skin is continually affected by the changing climate, it gets worse once you enter the monsoons.
Monsoons, in particular, can also cause acne and fungal infections. To cope with the changing weather and keep your skin health consistent, it is imperative to take care of it all year round.
Best Homemade Face Packs for Monsoon
Here are a few face packs and masks that can help you achieve the skin of your dreams even during monsoons:
1. Sandalwood Pack
This pack will help to remove scars and dark skin from your skin.
- 1 tbsp crushed sandalwood
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup of rose water
- Blend them thoroughly to make a thick, fine paste.
- Apply this mixture on your face and neck for half an hour and wash it off with warm water.
2. Cleanse with Oatmeal
- 3 tsp oatmeal
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp curd
- Make a good paste of the above ingredients and refrigerate for some time.
- Before applying this paste on your skin, wash your face thoroughly.
- Let this paste dry for some time. Once dried, wash it off with cold water.
3. Strawberry Therapy
- 4-6 strawberries
- 1 tsp brandy
- 2 tsp fuller’s earth
- 2 tsp breadcrumbs
- Mash the strawberries to a thick paste.
- Add the mashed strawberries with all the other ingredients.
- Blend all the components to make a paste and apply it on your face.
- Wash it off after 25 minutes with warm wash.
4. Banana or Mint Pack
- Mint leaves
- Mash half a banana and grind some handful of mint leaves to a fine paste.
- Mix both together and apply it on your face.
- Keep this paste on for 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
5. Facial Scrub
- Ground almonds or rice flour
- Mix some ground almonds or rice flour to make a thick paste.
- To remove all impurities and dirt, apply this paste before going to bed for 20 minutes.
- Scrub the dried paste on your face, to remove the paste.
[Also Read: Aloe Vera Face Mask Recipes]
6. Jojoba Pack
This pack is excellent for treating dry skin.
- Jojoba oil
- Fresh curd
- Make a thick paste by mixing jojoba oil, honey, and fresh curd, in equal proportions.
- Apply this for around 15 minutes and rinse it off with cold water
7. Egg white Face Pack
This treatment is beneficial to get rid of that greasy, oily skin.
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 egg white
- Mix one tsp of honey with one egg white to make a thick paste.
- Apply it over your neck and face and allow it to dry.
- Wash your face with warm water.
8. Fuller’s Earth Pack
- 1 tbsp multani mitti (fuller’s earth)
- Mix one tbsp multani mitti with enough water to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on your skin; let it dry.
- Wash it off when dry.
- This is an excellent face pack for combination skin in monsoon
[Also Read: Honey Face Mask Recipes]
9. Almond’s Facial Mask
This mask is perfect for treating dull skin, dry skin, and wrinkles.
- 5-9 almonds
- 4 tbsp full cream milk
- 2 tsp china clay
- 2 tsp oatmeal
- 1 mashed avocado
- 2 drops lemon juice
- By mixing all the above ingredients, make a fine paste.
- Apply on your neck and face and leave it for 25 minutes.
- Use cold milk dipped cotton wool pad and use it to wipe it off.
- Apply a light moisturizer after washing your face with lukewarm water.
10. Lemon Bleach
- Lime Juice
- mix some lime juice with grated half radish.
- Apply on your neck and face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Massage your face in circular motions before washing off this paste.
- Wash with warm water.
11. Facial Toner
- Cucumber juice
- Mix some cucumber juice with rose water to make an excellent natural toner.
- Refrigerate and use to feel fresh by using a cotton wool pad to wipe your face.
12. Exfoliate with Sugar
- Olive oil
- Take some sugar and olive oil in the palm of your hand.
- Mix it and apply it to your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Before washing it off, rub in circular motions to remove dead skin.
13. Turmeric Mask
- 1 tbsp besan
- Pinch of turmeric
- 2-3 drops of lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp rose water
- Mix all of them to make a fine paste.
- Apply this pack onto the face and wash off after 15-20 minutes.
While these face masks and packs will battle all the monsoon problems, consistency with their application will surely help. Make sure to protect your skin even during your travel in the rain and sun.