As we have passed many stages of Lockdown with various obligations and freedoms as well. We are currently in a stage where we do not have many restrictions from the authorities, but we need to take care of ourselves at every step.
WHO and other concerned authorities are working on various related parameters and guiding all for maintaining the safety and preventive measures to slow the spread of COVID (1). But, we also have some responsibilities to prevent ourselves against the spread of this virus.
Why not travel while Coronavirus Outbreak?
After months of quarantine, we can’t wait to go on a visit – for the night, for the weekend with family and friends or for the whole summer. Some states have already begun to open their borders, and trips may soon return to our lives, but on certain conditions.
Now we must consider the likelihood of infection. Even if we are willing to take risks associated with transport, we must not forget that the destination can also be unsafe. Travel is more than just a vacation or a business trip. Travel connects us to the people and places we love, which are memories of a lifetime.
The situation is complicated by the actual fact that the structure and scale of COVID-19 are often different even within the same region. Public health prescriptions also vary, so check local guidelines before traveling. If not necessary, don’t go outside. Some situation where you can postpone or delay your traveling:-
- Travel can accelerate the spread of infection, so it is required to postpone the jaunt to those places where the outbreak seemed to be at the next pace.
- While visiting to meet relatives for usual occasions.
- Don’t meet people that are laid low with flu or cold cough because it may affect you or the other people coming in contact with you.
- Try not to come in touch with senior citizens or children as they have a low immune system; if you are infected, you will infect themselves, who may not have immunity to fight against viruses.
[Also Read: How to Protect Yourself From COVID-19]
Who should not be allowed to travel?
The transit system is doing its best to ensure that the vehicles are safe for all passengers, but everyone must do their part. This means that for any coronavirus symptoms, you must stay at home or go to the hospital. Avoid traveling if the subsequent situation arises:
People of all ages are at risk of contracting the virus (according to data from Wuhan, between 15 and 88 years old).
- Age group over 70 years old, with diseases of the brain, lungs, or nervous system, with asthma or people who take medications that may affect the immune system should definitely postpone any travel.
- People with weakened immune systems are at higher risk of this severe disease.
- You have at least one of the symptoms of SARS (or have been during the last week before the travel).
- Sitting on self-isolation because of poor health.
- You live together or have personal contact with someone who has had coronavirus symptoms within the past 14 days.
- Your doctor has ordered you to self-isolate after the examination.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide if you feel the right way to travel now. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are persistent cough, fever, and loss or noticeable change in the perception of tastes and smells. Even if it’s a banal summer cold, it’s best to play it safe.
Coronavirus Travel Advice
Precaution to be taken while traveling
It is important to take various precautionary measures while traveling outside from home. However, It is not recommended to travel during this serious outbreak. If it is necessary to go outside, it becomes obligatory to one to follow precautionary steps as mentioned below:-
- Protect Respiratory Organ: Do not touch your nose, mouth, or eyes with unwashed hands and do not touch your face.
- Hand Hygiene: It is an important measure to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection.
- Mass contact: Avoid participation in crowded places, mass communication. Avoid close contact with people.
- Usage of Masks: You will definitely need to wear a mask during the entire traveling. Various places and situation where the mask is obligatory includes:- When you are traveling by public transport, visiting crowded places, during a period of amplifying incidence of these viral infections; While communicating with people with symptoms of an acute respiratory viral infection Covid-19.
- Touching Things: Minimize touching objects and surfaces in different places as much as possible. Use disposable tissues and do cover your nose and mouth when you or other sneeze or cough, and be sure to soil them after using them.
- Contained Foods: Do not eat contained food like chips, nuts, cookies, and other snacks as if other people also have immersed their fingers in that food.
- Handshakes: Avoid handshakes and kisses until this pandemic situation stabilizes.
- Office precaution: During work, do regularly clean the device and Surface you are working with. For example: – computer keyboards, smartphone screen, remotes, handrail, general office equipment panels, and doorknobs
- Improve your immunity: Eat vegetables, fruits, take a vitamin, and drink herbal infusions and tea.
- Contaminated Surface: Contact with contaminated surfaces is less of a concern, but this factor should also be considered. It is already known that the coronavirus has been found on surfaces in shops, house rooms, and hotels. Try to minimize contact with countertops, chairs, sinks, and duvet covers that have not been cleaned or disinfected.
These are various precautions needed to be taken while traveling outside the house. These viruses cause diseases ranging from the common cold to more serious illnesses such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) or Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
So it will be beneficial for oneself to follow these precautionary measures to live a virus-free happy life.
[Also Read: Do’s & Don’ts of Wearing a Face Mask]
One must consider the information mentioned above to take care of oneself and others from this acute respiratory Pandemic. It is dominant to be watchful to the current scenario, but if you are unaware of these scheme, it will lead you to danger.
Always keep in mind it is important to take precautionary measures to forestall the flow pandemic during traveling.
About The Author:
Dr. Vikram Chauhan – MD (Ayurveda) is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda and Krishna Herbal Company. He is an expert Ayurveda consultant from Chandigarh and practicing in Mohali, India.