Kidneys are the most vital excretory organs of the human body. But what if this vital organ happens to get infected? Now, this poses a severe threat to your body. Instead of masking away the issue, face it bravely with these fantastic home remedies for kidney infection treatment.
What is a kidney infection?
A kidney infection involves a urinary tract infection (UTI kidney infection) or a bladder infection which affects kidneys. An untreated kidney infection can lead to more pain and illness. Kidney infection often causes sepsis which is a body’s violent response to an injury.
What are the potential kidney infection causes?
If you are concerned about how do you get a kidney infection, then read the causes below:
- Small urethra increases the incidence of kidney infection in females multiple times
- There are higher risks of a kidney infection during pregnancy in females
- Prostatitis often leads to a kidney infection in men
What include essential kidney infection symptoms?
Signs of a kidney infection include:
- Pain in the back
- Bad smelling urine
- Pain while urinating
- Vomiting and nausea
- Mild fever
- Abdominal pain
- Pressure and pain in the pelvis
- Rashes appear in kidney infection sepsis
Perfect natural home remedies for kidney infection
Some fascinating home remedies for kidney infection are given below for your convenience. They are natural and so will not hamper your health in any adverse manner.
1. How to cure kidney infections by consuming magical foods?
Kidney infections have become quite a common problem nowadays owing to our busy schedule which hampers our diet immensely. When the kidneys don’t work correctly, waste accumulates in the blood. This waste also includes waste products from food. So, it is crucial for people with kidney infections to follow a special diet. Your diet should consist of the following items:
Although quite a rare choice for juice, parsley juice is one of the best home remedies for kidney infection treatment.
How to use:
- Take dried or freshly cut parsley
- Turn on the fir of your stove and boil water in a pan
- Add these parsley leaves in the pan and leave it for nearly five minutes
- Now strain the mixture
- Allow it to cool at room temperature
- You can also add honey and lemon juice for enhancing the taste of the drink
Precautions to follow:
Parsley often reacts with certain medications, so it’s better you consult your doctor before using it.
Parsley juice helps to eliminate harmful bacteria and toxins from the kidney. It also increases the amount of urine production in the body.
Garlic is full of health benefits and is also one of the most popular home remedies for kidney infection. The culinary ingredient boasts of diuretic properties which allow more urine passage from the body. It helps in removal of toxins and salt from the body.
How to use:
You can cut garlic into slices and add it to your curries. You can also eat raw garlic cloves.
Sometimes kidney infections arise due to constipation. Apples are one of the best home remedies to get away with an upset stomach. They are rich in fiber as well as have potent anti-inflammatory properties.
How to use:
You can eat raw apples, or you can also add them to smoothies and salads.
Foods to avoid
- Caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee
- Citrus juices like orange juice
- Lentils and whole grains
2. How do essential oils act as incredible home remedies for kidney infection?
Perhaps there are several essential oils which can work for kidney infection treatment, but the following oils are undoubtedly the best home remedies for kidney infection cure. They help to prevent infection and also heal an existing infection.
Thyme essential oil
Thyme essential oil is a vital oil that comes from the leaves and buds of the thyme plant. The oil is rich in antibacterial effects owing to the presence of camphene and caryophyllene.
How to use:
You can use thyme essential oil to make bathing oil which will give you quick relief from the pain of kidney infections.
- Apply a few drops of this oil to the water
- Mix it well
- Now soak in the water for nearly twenty minutes for best results
- Repeat this process until the infection vanishes away
- You can also use this oil for massage purposes. Mix a few drops of thyme essential oil with coconut oil
- Now gently massage this oil on your ailing body part
This massaging oil helps to relieve backpain during a kidney infection.
Peppermint essential oil
It serves as one of the most popular essential oils for various adverse body problems. It helps to improve your body health both mentally and physically.
How to use:
Use of peppermint oil for how to treat kidney infection is easy. Make massage oil from it by:
- Add several drops of peppermint oil to coconut oil
- Now massage this oil gently on the affected area
Frankincense essential oil
This magical oil is known for boosting body immunity and restricting development of excessive harmful bacteria in the kidneys. Frankincense essential oil allows quick recovery from a kidney infection by enriching you with pain relief.
How to use:
- Add around ten drops of frankincense essential oil to your bath water
- Now sweep into the water and spend approximately twenty minutes
- Allow your body to soak the oil
Lemongrass essential oil
Lemongrass is a multipurpose essential oil. It finds its use as an effective antibacterial, diuretic, and analgesic oil. It helps to stimulate urination, fights kidney infection, and also treats fever in case of severe kidney infection. You can massage this oil on the ailing body parts to get away with pain. The oil is safe for topical use however pregnant women should avoid using it.
General precautions to follow while using essential oils as best home remedies for kidney infection
- Always use essential oils after diluting them with a suitable carrier oil
- Pregnant women should use essential oils only after consultation from a doctor
- Keep essential oils out of the reach of children and pets
- Always use 100 percent pure essential oils from reliable dealers
- If you find any allergic reaction on your body by using essential oils then, do not use them any further. Consult a doctor immediately
- If you are using essential oils for the first time, always perform a patch test before applying them on your body
- Be very cautious about the quantity of essential oils you are using
3. How to use home remedies for kidney infection?
Home remedies turn out to be perfect in case you are suffering from a kidney infection. With the help of certain substances which form a part of your daily chores can efficiently work as home remedies for kidney infection cure.
Apple cider vinegar
This wonderful agent is full of antibacterial properties that inhibit the spreading of kidney infections. It also helps to prevent kidney oxidative injury.
How to use:
You can make a remedy drink from apple cider vinegar and consume it twice a day for a few weeks. It will help you to get away with kidney infection symptoms easily.
- One tbsp of vinegar
- Two tbsp of honey
- Warm water
- A glass
- Mix all the ingredients in the glass
- Swirl with the help of a spoon
- Relish the taste of the beneficial health drink
Epsom salt bath
An Epsom salt bath helps to ease kidney infection pain.
How to use:
- In a standard-sized bathtub of warm water, add two cups of Epsom salt
- Soak in the tub for around twelve minutes or so
- If you are not allergy-prone, you can add some essential oils to this water for better results
4. How to get rid of kidney infection with natural treatments?
Certain natural treatments act as one of the best home remedies for kidney infection. You don’t have to make an extra effort to make these remedies work. Some of the most fantastic natural treatments include:
You can apply a heating pad to the abdominal area of your body to get relief from kidney pain.
How to use:
- Use a heating pad on the back or side of the abdominal area
- Be careful not to exceed the session beyond twenty minutes
- Ensure a gap of nearly thirty minutes in between two consecutive heat sessions
Never go to bed with an electric heating pad on as this may cause severe burns.
5. Use of supplements as potential home remedies for kidney infection
Probiotics benefit the human body in two crucial ways in case you have a kidney infection. These substances help to maintain a proper level of good bacteria in the body. Probiotics also foster adequate functioning of kidneys by processing waste materials.
Make Vitamin C your friend
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. It protects body tissues from oxidative stress which in turn promotes kidney health. You can refer to a doctor on some excellentvitamin c supplements which are readily available in the market, or you can also intake vitamin c rich foods like papaya, strawberries, green vegetables, etc.
Just like an alarm clock, your body also holds a clock inside which gives you an indication of any potential threat to your body. Most of the time we fail to understand these symptoms and come under the trap of diseases.
This article gave you an insight into the most prominent body disease, i.e., the kidney infection. It is always advisable to go to a doctor for any such condition. However, you can also try your hands on some natural home remedies for kidney infection prevention. These remedies include day to day foods, essential oils, and feasible processes which will allow you to get away with a kidney infection easily.
Why go for the complicated way when you can cure kidney infection with easy, natural home remedies? So choose your favorite treatment from the list above and start your fight for a healthy body.