Do you feel excessive pressure in your ears? Or do you hear some crackling noise now and then? All these factors hint towards a clogged ear. The feeling of fullness or noises in the ear can be annoying. Your clogged ear may create a lot of problems in your daily routine. So why not treat it? Here are some simple home remedies for how to unclog ear.
Causes of Congested ear
- Excess of ear wax
- Ear infection
- Sinus infection
- Change in altitude
- Water in the ear
What causes earwax buildup in the ear?
A waxy oil, cerumen, commonly known as ear wax is released by your ear canal to protect your ear from microorganisms, dust, and other particles. Usually, the ear wax gets drained out from your ear, keeping it clear, however, at times there is excessive secretion that causes ear congestion. The primary reason for clogging of the ear is using home removal methods like bobby pins, cotton swabs or other objects that push the wax deeper into the ear canal. Use of earphones can also cause wax buildup in your ear.
Symptoms of earwax buildup
- A sudden hearing loss which is temporary
- The feeling of fullness in the ear
- Ringing or buzzing sound in the ear
Natural remedies for How to unclog ear
Impaired hearing or excessive pressure in the ear due to ear wax build-up is bothersome. It might create trouble for you in carrying out routine activities. Further, the noise in your ear might annoy you more. Hence,you must get the earwax removed from your ear and unclog it. Here are simple treatments for how to unclog ear that you can try at home and get rid of excessive earwax in your ear.
1. Foods that can help open clogged ears
· How to unclog ear with Garlic?
Garlic is an amazing food that finds multiple uses. From flavoring your dishes to boosting your digestive health, garlic is all around. This is not all; this root has some potent properties that make it an excellent home remedy for treating congested ears. Here is how you can use it.
How to use?
- Take two fresh garlic cloves
- Mash the cloves and keep them for 10 minutes
- Now, put the crushed garlic to a saucepan
- Add to it five tablespoons of olive oil
- Warm them on low heat for about ten to fifteen minutes so that garlic infuses in the oil
- Cool the mixture
- Put it in your blocked ear for a minute and then drain it out
Benefits of Garlic
Garlic has antibacterial properties that fight off the infection in your ear and help clear the build-up. Warm garlic oil when poured in the ear helps the wax to loosen. Thus, the wax clogging your ear comes out when you drain the oil.
Check the oil before pouring it in your ear. It should be warm, neither hot nor cold.
· Foods to eat
Your diet greatly affects your physical well-being. A healthy diet can give you a great physique while a poor diet can hamper your health and make you vulnerable to diseases and infections. Remaining conscious of what you eat can make you immune to conditions like ear infections or congestion. If you wish to prevent the infection or want fast recovery then include the following foods in your diet.
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Vitamin C rich fruits
- Foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
· Foods to avoid
Some foods can degrade your health and make you more prone to ear infections. Eliminating these foods can help you prevent ear congestion. These include:
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Sugary foods
- Gluten-rich foods
2. Herbal Treatments for clearing inner ear fluid
· How to remove inner ear fluid causing congestion with Dandelion?
At times, fluid builds up in the Eustachian tube found between your ear and throat. This may lead to inflammation and infection causing ear blockage. To treat it you can use dandelion.
How to use?
- Add one or two teaspoons of dried dandelion leaf in a cup
- After that pour hot water over it
- Drink this mixture three times a day to clear the liquid
Benefits of Dandelion
Studies state that dandelion is a natural diuretic. Hence, it helps in drying up the liquid present in your ear.
The dandelion herb may cause an allergic reaction. You must consult your doctor before using it.
[Read: How to Cure Airplane Ears]
3. Essential Oils for clearing congested ear
· How to get rid of earwax with Tea Tree Oil?
Essential oils are powerful plant extracts known to treat a variety of ailments. if you are looking for an effective oil to unclog your ears, then pick up Tea tree oil. This wondrous oil can be of great help in case of ear blockage. Use it for cleaning the ear wax and get rid of all your troubles easily.
How to use?
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil to boiling water
- Mix them well
- Tilt your head and place your clogged ear directly over the steam
- Let the steam work and unclog your ear
Benefits of Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil can provide you instant relief from ear congestion. It is because it contains strong anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties that can relieve you from the infection and clear the wax build-up. It can also help in clearing the ear congestion due to respiratory infections too.
Place your head at a safer distance from the solution. Also, do not keep your head over it for too long.
4. Home remedies for treating clogged ear
· How to unclog ear with apple cider vinegar and rubbing alcohol?
Apple cider vinegar and alcohol make for a wondrous treatment for ear wax removal. This solution can effectively clean earsand relieves you off all the discomfort.
How to use?
- Mix apple cider vinegar in an equal amount of rubbing alcohol
- Tilt your head and pour a few drops of the solution in the blocked ear
- Let it stand for some time
- After that, wipe it out using a cotton bud
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar and rubbing alcohol solution
The apple cider vinegar and alcohol solution is one the best remedies for how to unclog ear. Apple cider vinegar has potent properties that help in ear wax extraction. Being antibacterial, it clears the infection that might be causing ear congestion. Also, it helps dissolve the mucus that might be blocking the ear.
You should carefully wipe out the solution using a cotton bud. Do not push the bud too deep in your ear canal.
5. Natural Treatments for getting rid of ear wax
· How to remove ear wax with hot compress?
Hot compress is another simple home remedy for cleaning ear wax. It is easy to employ and gives you quick results.
How to use?
- Take a small clean towel and dip it in warm water
- Squeeze out the excess water and place the towel on the congested ear
- Leave it on for five to ten minutes
- Alternatively, you can also hold a warm container near your ear
- Repeat the remedy two to three times a day to unclog ear wax
Benefits of hot compress
The warmth of the compress helps loosen the build-up in your ear and relieves you of the ear pain. It is the most effective way for how to unclog ear naturally.
Hot compress is a safe remedy for unclogging ear. However, make sure that the compress is not too hot.
· How to clear ear congestion with salt water gargle?
Saltwater gargle is another effective home treatment for how to unclog ear. Try it and get relief from the fullness in the ear in no time.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water
- Take a sip and gargle for about fifteen seconds
- Use up all the water
Benefits of Saltwater gargle
Salt water has a soothing effect on the Eustachian tubes found in your ear. It helps clear the build-up and removes the wax.
So, these were some of the effective remedies for how to unclog ear. Employ them and get relief from the congested ear troubles in no time. Ear wax build-up in the ear is not good for your well-being. If not treated timely, it can lead to various infections.
Use these natural remedies and unclog ear wax quickly. Also, there are some over the counter treatments available like ear irrigation, but these should be used under supervision and can create problems if not used correctly. On the other hand, the remedies mentioned above are quite simple and easy to use. Further, these cause no harm.