Acute pain and redness in the shoulders and neck can hinder work-life as well as your social life. It affects your health and ruins your sleep but before the pain makes your life unbearable, address it with home remedies and natural treatments instead of popping in pain-killers and chemical drugs. Read on to find out more about how to relieve shoulder pain naturally and in no time.
What is shoulder pain?
Shoulder pain occurs due to overexertion and strain of the tendons, ligaments, and muscles in and around the shoulders. It primarily affects people who work at the computer for hours’ end is characterized by swelling, pain, cramps, and stiffness of the joints in the shoulders.
What causes shoulder pain?
- Inflammation of the tendons and cartilages
- Injury to the spinal cord, shoulder, neck, and arms
- Arthritis pain
- Dislocation of the shoulder joints
- Pinching of a nerve
- Frozen shoulders
What are the different shoulder pain symptoms?
- Numbing and painful sensation in the shoulders
- Deformity and swelling of the shoulders
- Weakness and stiffness of the shoulders
Top 5 remarkable methods of how to relieve shoulder pain
1. How to relieve shoulder pain with exciting foods?
· How to get rid of right and left shoulder pain by using ginger?
Wondering how to relieve shoulder pain with ginger? Drinking ginger tea is highly effective for the natural treatment left and right shoulder pain.
How to use?
- Chop a fresh inch-sized piece of ginger into tiny bits
- Grate some of the bits of ginger to extract the ginger juice
- Boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon each of ginger pieces and ginger juice
- Drink the ginger tea thrice daily
Benefits of using ginger
Ginger contains eugenol that is highly effective for the natural treatment of muscular inflammation and pain. It possesses powerful antioxidants that eliminate toxic free radicals which cause pain in the shoulders by the infliction of oxidative stress. Drinking ginger tea helps in the alleviation of shoulder pain and swelling in the shoulder joints by the improvement in blood circulation.
Use fresh and organic ginger for this recipe and make sure that your digestive system is not adversely affected by it.
Foods to Eat
The following foods are good to relieve shoulder pain and cramps.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Tart cherries
- Olive oil
- Chili pepper
- Red grapes
- Green tea
Foods to avoid
These foods alter the blood flow and its composition that delays healing.
- Junk food
- Processed and fried foods
- High-glycemic foods
- Refined Carbs
- Tobacco and alcohol
- Starchy white pasta and bread
- Fast food
2. How to relieve shoulder pain through unique herbal treatments?
· How to relieve shoulder pain from sleeping by using alfalfa herb?
The alfalfa herb is an excellent herbal cure for how to relieve shoulder pain caused by sleeping wrong. It can also get administered on a regular basis for the treatment of chronic shoulder pain.
How to use?
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of crushed and dried alfalfa leaves to a cup of boiling water
- Strain out the tea after 5 minutes
- Drink this thrice daily
Benefits of using alfalfa herb
Drinking alfalfa tea helps in establishing healthy blood circulation in the shoulders which results in the alleviation of pain, inflammation, and swelling of the affected areas.
Make sure that your digestive system is not reactive to alfalfa herb.
3. How to get rid of shoulder pain through incredible essential oils?
· How to relieve rear shoulder pain by using lavender essential oil?
The lavender essential oil is highly effective for the rear and bilateral shoulder pain. Massaging with lavender essential oil also helps in the immediate cure of sharp shoulder pain and sudden shoulder pain.
How to use?
- Combine 4-5 drops of lavender essential oil with a tablespoon of warm coconut oil
- Massage your shoulders with the oil mixture thrice a day on a daily basis
Benefits of using lavender essential oil
Lavender essential oil helps in the relaxation of the muscles by establishing healthy blood circulation. Massaging the shoulders provides relief from stiffness, inflammation, swelling, and sharpness of the pain in the rear, bilateral and frontal parts of the shoulder.
Conduct a patch test to make sure that your skin is not allergic to the lavender essential oil.
4. How to relieve shoulder pain with amazing home remedies?
· How to get rid of intense shoulder pain by using apple cider vinegar?
Soaking the shoulders in warm apple cider vinegar solution helps in decreasing the intensity of severe shoulder pain.
How to use?
- Add a cup of raw apple cider vinegar to a cup of hot water to prepare a solution
- Soak a clean cloth in the solution and wrap your shoulders with the warm and soaked towel
- Do this thrice daily basis
Benefits of apple cider vinegar
The anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar help in how to relieve shoulder pain by curing the pain and inflammation of the affected area.
Make sure that you use diluted apple cider vinegar before applying it to the shoulders.
5. How to relieve shoulder pain with incredible natural treatments?
· How to relieve shoulder pain by using cold compress?
The application of cold compress is the simplest way of making the shoulder pain subside and disappear.
How to use?
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth
- Apply it to the sore shoulders with gentle pressure in every 2-3 hours throughout the day
Benefits of using a cold compress
A cold compress helps with how to relieve shoulder pain by the cure of stiffness, pain, inflammation, and swelling of the shoulders by improving blood circulation effectively.
[Read: How to Treat a Sprained Ankle]
How to prevent shoulder pain?
Keep the following prevention tips in mind for how to relieve shoulder pain.
- Do not work for several hours at a stretch
- Do not overexert your muscles or overstrain your shoulders with exercises for shoulder pain
Follow through with a combination of the natural remedies of how to relieve shoulder pain for the quick and effective cure of shoulder cramps, stiffness, and aches. However, if the pain becomes unbearable then visit a physician immediately.