The largest sense organ that covers every inch of the body is the skin. It gets exposed to a variety of pollution, dust, oil, and allergens on a daily basis. It is not possible to protect every bit of the skin with clothes. So what do you do to preserve the fine and supple texture of your skin? How do you defend it? Read on to find out more about how to get rid of textured skin at home.
What is skin texture?
Your skin may appear soft and smooth, but a closer inspection of the skin surface will reveal fine lines, uneven skin tone, rough patches, blemishes, dryness, and pores. These subtle dermatological issues get referred to as problems of skin texture.
Top 5 excellent ways of how to get rid of textured skin at home
1. How to get rid of textured skin with foods?
How to improve face texture by using honey and sugar?
Honey is incredibly beneficial for the improvement of face skin texture. The topical application of honey can make the skin texture gentle and supple in a few days.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of granulated sugar to a tablespoon of organic honey
- Stir well and add a few drops of lemon juice to the coarse paste
- Your natural scrub is ready
- Smear the scrub all over your face and gently rub in the form of circles
- Let the scrub stay on your face for about half an hour
- Rinse it off with plain water
- Do this on a daily basis to improve the rough face skin texture in a week
Benefits of using honey and sugar
The mixture of honey and sugar proves to be an excellent facial scrub. The topical application of the scrub exfoliates the skin and sloughs off the dead skin cells and blisters on the skin surface. The humectant nature of organic honey helps in the hydration of the epidermis. The addition of a few drops of lemon juice to the scrub works on the evenness of the skin tone and does away with black skin texture.
Make sure that the honey for how to get rid of textured skin is raw and unprocessed and the lemon juice is fresh, before applying the scrub on the skin surface.
Foods to eat
Eat the following foods to make your skin soft, gentle, and healthy.
- Dark chocolate
- Green tea
- Soy milk
- Bell peppers
- Eggs, fish, and meat
- Plain yogurt
- Fresh fruits
- Leafy green vegetables
Foods to avoid
Avoid the following foods to keep dermatological diseases at bay.
- Foods that are high in sodium
- Foods that contain trans-fatty acids
- Caffeinated beverages
- Artificially flavored, colored, and sweetened foods and drinks
- Refined grains and flours
- Junk food
2. How to get rid of textured skin with Herbal Treatment?
How to smooth bumpy skin texture by using neem leaves?
Topical application of neem leaves on the skin is one of the best home remedies for how to get rid of of textured skin and skin bumps.
How to use?
- Grind a handful of freshly plucked neem leaves into a fine paste
- Add a teaspoon, each of powdered turmeric and lemon juice to the paste
- Smear the paste all over your textured skin and skin bumps
- Rinse it off after about 30 minutes
- Do this twice daily for the bumpy skin texture to heal
Benefits of using neem leaves
The paste of neem leaves acts as a powerful cleansing agent that cleans the dirt and oil out of clogged pores and makes the skin healthy and clear. Neem contains a potent phytochemical compound called Gedunin that is rich in antifungal and antimicrobial properties. The compound fights against acne, pimples, and the bacterial infection of the skin, skin bumps, and rashes and improves the skin texture by doing away with skin bumps and dry blisters.
Rinse the neem leaves with water to clean the dirt before using them to make a paste.
3. How to get rid of textured skin with Essential Oil?
How to improve uneven skin texture by using geranium essential oil?
Geranium essential oil is one of the best home remedies for how to get rid of textured skin.
How to use?
- Add a teaspoon of geranium essential oil to a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Massage your face and other parts of the body that are affected with uneven skin texture with the oil mixture before going to bed at night
- Rinse your face in the next morning
- Do this on a daily basis for the skin texture and evenness to improve.
Benefits of using geranium essential oil
The topical application of geranium essential oil helps in the improvement of skin texture by unclogging the skin pores, getting rid of excess oil and sebum, and by moisturizing the skin. It improves the texture of the skin by conditioning it and keeping it soft and hydrated.
Do a patch test on the skin with geranium essential oil to test the sensitivity of the skin to it.
4. How to get rid of textured skin with Herbal remedies?
How to cure orange peel skin texture by using olive oil?
Olive oil is highly effective for how to get rid of textured skin.
How to use?
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil in a dish and heat it slightly
- Apply the warm olive oil to the parts of the skin affected with orange peel texture
- Rinse your skin after about an hour
- Do this thrice a day for the skin texture to improve
Benefits of using olive oil
Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants such as phytosterols and polyphenols. The application of the oil fights against oxidative stress and heals the dryness and unevenness of skin.
5. How to get rid of textured skin with Natural Treatment?
How to cure bumpy skin texture by using Epsom salt?
Epsom salt is greatly useful for the cure of bumpy skin texture.
How to use?
- Add a tablespoon of Epsom salt in a cup of warm water.
- Rinse your face and scrub your skin with the water twice daily.
Benefits of using Epsom salt
The topical application of the scrub fights against the dryness of skin, exfoliates the skin and sloughs off the dead skin cells and dry skin blisters on the skin surface.
Do not scrub your skin too hard or else it might get bruised.
The unevenness of skin tone and rough patches on the skin are minor dermatological issues that tend to blow out of proportions when neglected or treated with chemicals. Improve the texture of your skin and make it soft and well-nourished by the administration of the different home remedies of how to get rid of textured skin at home.