Spider veins possess a scary appearance and can be excruciatingly painful. The veins underneath the skin enlarge to the verge of bursting out of the skin surface and appear as greenish spider legs right underneath the skin surface. If you are wondering on how to get rid of spider veins, then check out the wonderful methods of home treatment right here.
What are Spider Veins?
Spider veins refer to the blood veins beneath the skin that become abnormally dilated and reach the lower layers of the epidermis. The veins become visible on the surface of the skin and resemble the creepy, crawly legs of a spider. Spider veins usually appear on the thighs and down the knees to the calves and can be very painful. This disease is most common in women and children but can affect men as well with advancing age.
What Causes Spider Veins?
The primary cause of spider veins is the weakening of the walls of the blood veins which dilate abnormally and come up to the surface of the skin. Another cause of spider veins can be due to the malfunctioning of cardiac valves which leads to an irregular circulation of blood.
Symptoms of Spider Veins
The most noticeable symptom of spider veins is the visibility of greenish blood veins that tend to bulge against the surface of the skin of the legs and other parts of the body. Some of the other symptoms of spider veins include.
- Pain and swelling of the affected area
- Inflammation of the skin
- Heaviness of the legs
Top 5 Home Remedies on How to Get Rid of Spider Veins
1. How to get rid of spider veins with foods that are remarkably effective?
How to treat spider veins on the face and spider veins on the legs by using garlic and oranges?
Raw cloves of garlic get administered for the natural treatment of facial spider veins, spider veins on the nose, and spider veins on legs. For the preparation of the tonic, you need 6-7 cloves of raw garlic, three ripe oranges, and some olive oil.
How to use?
- Chop the garlic cloves and place the pieces in a clean jar
- Squeeze the juice out of the oranges and add the juice to the garlic pieces in the jar
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil to the mixture
- Let the mixture sediment for about 12-14 hours
- Shake the contents of the jar and then scoop out the mixture with your fingers
- Massage the facial spider veins, and spider veins on legs, and other parts of the body with the mixture for about 10-15 minutes
- Do this twice or thrice a day for the natural treatment of spider veins
Benefits of using garlic and oranges
Garlic and orange juice work in unison to cure the inflammation and pain of spider veins. The topical application of the mixture helps in the elimination of toxins and free radicals and enhance the healthy circulation of blood in the affected areas.
Use fresh garlic and oranges for the preparation of the tonic of how to get rid of spider veins.
Foods to eat
Incorporate the following foods into your diet for how to get rid of spider veins.
- Seeds and nuts
- Citrus fruits
- Goji berries
- Red bell peppers
Foods to avoid
Avoid the following foods for the natural treatment of spider veins.
- Fast food
- Processed food
- Sugary food
- Oily foods
- Caffeinated drinks
- Sodas and carbonated beverages
2. How to get rid of Spider Veins with Herbal Treatment?
How to cure spider veins on feet and spider veins on ankles by using the witch hazel herb?
The use of witch hazel herb is an excellent home remedy for the natural cure of spider veins on feet and spider veins on ankles. For this home remedy, you can use the herb in its distilled form.
How to use?
- Fill a tub with hot water
- Add two tablespoons of the distilled herb to the water in the tub
- Dip your feet in the hot water tub for about 10-15 minutes
- Rinse your feet with lukewarm water
- Do this twice daily for the alleviation of spider veins on feet and spider veins on ankles
Benefits of using the witch hazel herb
The astringent properties of witch hazel are highly beneficial for the construction of the dilated blood veins. The topical application of the herb helps in strengthening the walls of the blood veins and promotes the regular flow of blood. Witch hazel is rich in Gallic acid and other phytochemical compounds that aid in the alleviation of pain, swelling, inflammation, redness, and other symptoms of spider veins.
Make sure that your skin is not allergic to the witch hazel herb by conducting a patch test before using the remedy.
3. How to get rid of Spider Veins with the use of Essential Oils?
How to cure spider veins on the breast by using tea tree essential oil?
Tea tree oil is one of the best essential oils for spider veins on breast and other parts of the body.
How to use?
- Add half a teaspoon of tea tree essential oil to a tablespoon of coconut oil to make an oil mixture
- Massage the spider veins on breast and other parts of the body for about 10-15 minutes with the oil mixture before going to bed at night
- Rinse your body in the morning with lukewarm water
- Do this on a daily basis for the spider veins to heal
Benefits of using tea tree essential oil
The anti-inflammatory properties of the tea tree essential oil are incredibly useful for the suppression of the symptoms of spider veins. It can cure the inflammation, and its analgesic nature is highly beneficial for the natural treatment of the pain and swelling of the affected area. Massaging the spider veins with diluted tea tree essential oil can enhance the flow of blood and inhibit the abnormal dilation of the blood veins and capillaries thereby curing the spider veins.
Make sure that your skin is not sensitive to tea tree essential oil by conducting a patch test before using the remedy for how to get rid of spider veins.
4. How to get rid of Spider Veins with the help of Home Remedies?
How to cure spider veins on legs, and others by using apple cider vinegar?
The use of apple cider vinegar is incredibly beneficial for the natural treatment on how to get rid of spider veins on legs, spider veins on feet, and spider veins on ankles.
How to use?
- Combine a cup each of apple cider vinegar and warm water to prepare a solution
- Soak a clean cloth in the lukewarm solution
- Wrap your legs, feet, and ankles with the soaked cloth
- Keep the affected areas wrapped until the cloth turns cold
- Repeat for about half an hour
- Do this in every couple of hours for the natural treatment of spider veins
- Alternatively, you can also add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of lukewarm water and drink it twice on a daily basis for the natural cure of spider veins
Benefits of using apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in electrolytes that help in the regulation of blood pressure and promote the healthy circulation of blood. It reduces the feeling of heaviness of legs by working on the constriction of the spider veins and capillaries.
Do not apply raw apple cider vinegar to the skin as that may cause blisters. Do not drink undiluted apple cider vinegar.
5. How to get rid of Spider Veins with Natural Treatments?
How to cure spider veins during pregnancy by using an ice pack?
The ice pack treatment is a remarkable home remedy for how to get rid of spider veins during pregnancy.
How to use?
- Wrap a few clean ice cubes in a clean cloth
- Apply the ice pack to the spider veins with gentle compression
- Do this twice or thrice daily for the cure of spider veins
Benefits of ice pack treatment
Applying an ice pack to the affected area reduces the swelling and pain of spider veins during pregnancy. This treatment is especially beneficial as it bears on side effects on the pregnant woman. Ice pack helps in the alleviation of cure of inflammation of the hands by working on the dilated veins and establishing the healthy flow of blood.
Spider veins can be painful but don’t let the pain provoke you to the verge of popping pain-killers and medicines. Follow through with the home remedies for a safe and secure natural treatment on how to get rid of spider veins and all of its symptoms of pain and inflammation. The natural remedies are incredibly beneficial and so gentle on the skin; however, if the symptoms persist or the pain spreads beyond the affected area and becomes unbearable, make sure that you visit a physician for treatment.