Do you feel a pain in your frontal bone while running or walking? Yes? Then here is the answer to your curious question. The pain is due to shin splints. But have you wondered what are shin splints? The term shin splints get described as the pain felt at the shin bone (lower leg). The pain concentrates between the knee and the ankle of the front lower leg.
It is an inflammation of the tendons, muscles, and bone tissue around your tibia. Shin splints frequently affect people who get indulged in heavy physical activity. People who play soccer, basketball, and tennis are affected by shin splints very often. Sometimes the pain can be unbearable also. If you are wondering on how to get rid of shin splints, then follow these natural remedies that will give fabulous results on curing shin splints than stretches for shin splints. Read on.
Natural Remedies for Shin Splints
What causes shin splints?
Here are a few factors for shin splints causes.
- Lack of flexibility
- Heavy physical activity
- Running downhill
- Muscle weakness in thighs or buttocks
- Foot flat syndrome
- Stop and start sports (tennis, basketball, and soccer, etc.)
- Worn-out shoes for work out or running
What are the symptoms of shin splints?
Here are a few noticeable shin splints symptoms.
- Muscle pain
- Weak and numb feet
- Inflammation in the tendons and muscles
- Pain along the inner part of the front leg
- Severe pain in your shin
- A dull ache in the front part of the lower leg
Incredible Natural Remedies on How to Get Rid of Shin Splints?
1. How to get rid of shin splint with the help of foods?
How to use?
- Take 8-10 almonds and soak the almonds in water overnight
- The next day remove the peel
- You can blend with milk or consume directly
- Do this twice daily
Benefits of almonds:
Almonds are highly rich in anti-inflammatory and natural antioxidants. They contain high calcium and a pack of powerful nutritious punch. They can reduce the inflammation and swelling caused by shin splints that gives natural results on how to get rid of shin splints.
How to use?
- Take fresh broccoli
- Cut into slices and use in regular cooking
- You can steam it, grill it, and roast it
- You can include it raw in salads and sandwiches
- Consume broccoli for 2-3 times per week for best benefits on how to get rid of shin splints
Benefits of broccoli:
Broccoli is rich in loaded vitamin K, C, and Calcium. It is also rich in fibre and prevents cholesterol oxidation. The presence of vitamin C, certain amino acids, and sulphur make it as a good detoxifier. It helps to eliminate free radicals, toxins, and uric acid from the body and cures flat feet shin splints.
Foods to eat:
These foods can help resolve the problem and gives natural results on how to get rid of shin splints.
- Green leafy vegetables
- Spinach, kale, and collards.
- Oranges and other citrus fruits
- Healthy Fats
- Nuts and green beans
- Whole grains
Foods to avoid:
These foods can aggravate the condition even worse. It is better to avoid these foods or including these foods in the daily diet.
- Deep fried foods
- High saturated fat
- Sweetened beverages(soda)
- Yeast processed foods
- Vegetable oil and hydrogenated oils
- White bread and pastries
- Processed meat (beef, pork)
Always make sure that you use fresh fruits and vegetables. Because rotten fruits or vegetables can aggravate the condition even worse.
2. How to get rid of shin splints with use of herbs?
How to use?
- Take two inches of ginger root and cut into small pieces
- Take a cotton cloth and a bowl of hot water
- Place the small piece of ginger in a cotton cloth and soak this in a bowl of hot water for 1-2 minutes
- Apply the ginger compress directly to the shin bone and allow it to work for fifteen minutes
- Do it twice a day
Benefits of ginger root:
Are you wondering that which herb will act efficiently on how to get rid of shin splints? Here is the answer to your question. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the swelling and inflammation caused by shin splints. It also exhibits analgesic properties that can give quick and effective relief from shin splints pain. It can eradicate the anterior shin splints and posterior shin splints.
How to use?
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder extracted from the turmeric herb and a bowl of water
- Add the turmeric powder with little water to make the paste thick
- Apply the paste on the affected area of your skin
- Leave it on for 10-20 minutes, and you can wash it off with warm water
- You can consume turmeric with a glass of hot milk regularly
- Do this on a daily basis
Benefits of turmeric:
Turmeric exhibits powerful antibacterial, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties are due to the presence of a compound called curcumin. Turmeric can be of great use in the treatment of shin splints stress fracture and severe shin splint pain.
3. How to get rid of shin splints with the use of essential oils?
Eucalyptus essential oil:
How to use?
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of essential oil in a tub of hot water
- Now soak yourself and relax in the hot water tub for 15-25minutes
- You can also add essential oils with a carrier oil and massage gently on the affected area
- Do this often to help your muscles relax on how to get rid of shin splints
Benefits of eucalyptus oil:
We all know that eucalyptus oil contains many beneficial properties like anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and analgesic properties. They get packed with more antioxidants. The essential oil for shin splints makes the muscles relax and calm, and the hot water helps to reduce the inflammation and pain caused by chronic shin splints.
Always make sure that you mix the essential oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil before use. Essential oils, when applied directly to the skin can cause irritation and inflammation.
4. How to get rid of shin splints with home remedies?
Apple cider vinegar:
How to use?
- Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water
- Mix well and add honey for sweetening
- Consume this mixture daily
Benefits of apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is mainly composed of acetic acid that exhibits anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties can help treat shin splints muscle.
How to use:
- Take some ice cubes
- Use an ice pack or wrap it in a cotton towel
- Apply the ice pack on the affected area
- Keep this ice pack for 10-15 minutes
- It is a great way to soothe pain and swelling
- Do it daily till you see a change on how to get rid of shin splints
How to use?
- Add one cup of Epsom salt to a tub of warm water
- Use this warm salt water to bathe and relax your muscles
- Do this 3-4 times a week
Benefits of Epsom salt:
Epsom salt possesses anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can alleviate the inflammation and pain caused by shin splint in the front lower leg. It is also known as magnesium sulphate that imparts the beneficial and analgesic activities for shin splints muscle.
How to use?
- Have a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Take some coconut oil and rub it in between your palms
- Now gently massage the oil onto the affected area of your leg
- Do this multiple times a day
Benefits of coconut oil:
Coconut oil highly contains analgesic properties. It is a natural pain reliever. It possesses anti-inflammatory properties can help you to get rid of shin splints naturally. It will work genuinely on shin splints bruising and gives astonishing results on how to get rid of shin splints.
5. How to get rid of shin splints with Natural Treatments?
Rest, rest and rest:
The best natural way on how to get rid of shin splints in rest. Yes, you read it right. Rest is the best way to heal shin splints. Understand your body, and rest when it requires the most. Working with pain isn’t the best choice. It will rather make the condition worst, so it is better to relax your body on the couch for some time as healing takes days or two.
Shin splints vs. Stress fracture:
Shin splints get known as the pain felt in the front lower leg (shin bone). Shin splints frequently affect people who get indulged in heavy physical activity. While stress fracture is an overuse injury, it becomes when muscles become fatigued and are unable to absorb shock.
The natural methods and home remedies for how to get rid of shin splints are discussed and are wondrously beneficial and leave no side effects on the front lower leg, bone, and the foot. It is not a big deal to heal shin splints from the lower leg if you follow these natural remedies and exercises regularly. Follow up these natural methods and home remedies genuinely. While doing these remedies make sure you keep all precautions in mind to get effective results. However, if inflammation and allergies persist and become more painful over the time, make sure to consult with a physician.