What if you love traveling, but cannot because your body does not support you by giving you motion sickness. Though it is common still, it can cause a lot of problems. It is common, and there are several remedies on how to get rid of motion sickness.
You must be wondering what is motion sickness in real terms. It is a condition where the person feels uneasy while traveling. What causes motion sickness is the conflict between what you see and what your body senses. Your brain cannot take such mixed signals, and this leads to motion sickness. Some of the motion sickness symptoms include dizziness, nausea, and pale skin.
Natural Ways to Cure Motion Sickness
Are you planning for your next long trip but are still worried about motion sickness? While how long motion sickness lasts is quite subjective a question, the symptoms of it usually subside in maximum four hours. There are various ways on how to get rid of motion sickness
1. How to stop motion sickness with the help of foods?
Are you experiencing motion sickness? And don’t know how to cure permanently? You can easily avoid motion sickness by simply eating wisely. While traveling, try and have foods that are bland in taste. They should neither be extremely sweet now too spicy for how to get rid of motion sickness effectively.
Foods to eat:
- Sports drinks
- Ice tea
- Clear juices
- Coconut water
These foods will help to get rid of nausea and dehydration. Foods can especially aid prevention of motion sickness in kids.
Foods to avoid:
While traveling, refrain from certain foods such as caffeine, or any spicy and fried food as these may lead to vomiting.
2. How to get rid of motion sickness with the help of Herbal Treatment?
The best herbs to curb motion sickness include olives and peppermint. Popping up a few olives will act as a defensive measure against motion sickness. You can suck a peppermint to put your upset stomach at ease. Also, there are some foods suggestions on how to prevent this uneasy feeling.
Having ginger for motion sickness works as one of the best preventive measures.
How to use:
- Take 1 cup of water and ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- Mix it well and gulp it down
- Alternatively, you can also have ginger capsules or candies
How to use:
- Take one tablespoon of chamomile leaves and one cup of water
- Mix it and bring the mixture to a boil
- Add a tinge of honey and sip it
This tea will fight nausea, and you will heave a sigh of relief on how to get rid of motion sickness.
While traveling, carry licorice chewable tablets along.
These will help you combat bloating and nausea.
3. How to get rid of motion sickness using essential oils?
Have a look at a few essential oils for how to get rid of motion sickness:
How to use:
- Mix 1/4th cup witch hazel, 1/4th cup distilled water and seven drops of lavender oil
- Pour this mixture in a spray bottle and shake it
- Spray it above the navel, and on wrists and neck
Its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties help to fight nausea
How to use:
- Add one to two drops of fennel oil to any carrier oil of your choice such as almond, coconut, olive oil
- Rub it on your stomach
- You can also apply 1 to 2 drops of this oil to the bottom of your feet
It helps combat nausea, vomiting and motion sickness
4. How to get rid of motion sickness using home remedies
Home remedies are the best and safest to treat any condition, and that is why you can easily use this remedy for how to get rid of motion sickness.
How to use:
- Keep smelling the lemon whenever you feel nauseous
- Alternatively, cut it into half and suck it when you experience motion sickness
The acid present in the lemon helps to neutralize the acids in your stomach and reduces the feeling of nausea
How to use:
- Sip on a bit of pickle juice when you experience motion sickness
Pickle juice helps to restore electrolytes and balances the stomach acids
5. How to get rid of motion sickness using natural treatments?
Below are mentioned a few methods on how to get rid of motion sickness.
- Take a few slow but deep breaths, and after a few minutes the sickness will pass by
- If nothing helps, then you can just shut your eyes whenever you feel sick
- Drinking enough water is one of the best natural remedies to keep yourself hydrated and avoid nausea
6. How to get rid of motion sickness with the help of supplements?
There are many supplements available at the medical and drug store. You can bank on vitamin b6, magnesium and charcoal tablets to get rid of motion sickness. These supplements support the nervous system, reduce stress levels and absorb toxins thus relieving you of the nauseous feeling.
Supplements help to combat motion sickness during pregnancy. Also when you are unable to perform simple manual tasks, it can indicate severe motion sickness. This condition can get treated with drugs and proper medication.
General Precautions to be taken:
- Try to focus your eyes on one object to reduce motion sickness
- There are certain pressure points for motion sickness. Use an acupressure wristband. Place it in the correct position to get rid of motion sickness
- Avoid the ginger remedy or consult the doctor if you are on any medication
- Try and have maximum ventilation. This remedy helps fight motion sickness in toddlers
- Some of the motion sickness prevention measures include avoiding reading or writing, taking the front seat and avoiding turning your head
- If nothing goes right, then go off to sleep. Yes. Sleeping is also the answer to how to get rid of motion sickness
- Drive yourself for a while to get rid of the dizziness
- If you are experiencing motion sickness when not moving, it can be because of anxiety and stress. In this case, it is advisable to consult the doctor
Well, you have seen that motion sickness is not a condition to worry about. It is so common that how to get rid of motion sickness is a question on almost every second traveler’s mind. The best part is that if you love food, then there are many food-based remedies on how to get rid of motion sickness.
So the next time you travel, do keep in mind the general precautions. Even if you feel nauseous, with so many handy solutions, you need