Violin hips or dented hips are common. These are in variation to the perfect round hips; wherein there is some visible depression along the side of your body. Hip Dips is a natural condition and not a deformity or disease but people especially women tend to feel embarrassed about them because of the conventional beauty notions that say only round hips are pretty. Many of you will have violin hips for these are common, but in rarer cases, the depressions are too deep and quite prominent. If you wish to hide those dents, then here are some easy tricks for How to get rid of Hip dips that can significantly help you out.
What are Hip Dips?
The inward depression beneath your hip bone along the side of your body is known as Hip Dip. These depressions are not quite noticeable in some people while others may have them quite deep.
What causes Hip Dips?
Hip dips are not a disease but are a part of your natural body structure. These occur when your skin is attached to the deeper part of your thigh bone. Their prominence depends on the distribution of fat and muscles in your body along with the shape of your pelvis and the width of the hips.
How to get rid of Hip Dips naturally?
You can hide your hip dips by wearing smart clothing; however, they can make you feel you awkward while at the beach where your swimwear might reveal the indentations, giving them unwanted attention.
Hip dips are a part of your body structure; hence there are no ointments or foods to treat them. But, some exercises can help fill up space by toning up your muscles and reduce the dents. Listed below are some of the workouts for how to get rid of Hip dips.
1. How to cover up hip dips with Side Hip Openers?
It is an amazing hip dip workout, targeting your hips, side buttocks, and outer thighs. It tones the muscles to give you a curvy shape.
How to do?
- Sit in a cat pose with your hands and knees touching the floor
- Keep your hands and knees vertically below the shoulders and hips
- Lift your one leg in the air such that it makes a 90-degree angle with the other leg and inhale slowly. You do not have to stretch out your leg, keep the knee bent.
- Slowly lower your leg, do not touch the ground and lift the leg back again
- Repeat it fifteen times
- On the 15th repetition, pulse your leg ten times before lowering it
- After that, repeat the procedure with the other leg.
Make sure that your weight is evenly distributed between the knees and hands.
2. How to fill hip dips with Side leg lifts?
Fix hip dip with this simple exercise that helps cover up the dents in your hips.
How to do?
- Lie on your right side on the workout mat
- Stretch out your legs
- Stretch out your right hand and bend it to rest your hand on it
- Place your left palm flat on the ground in front with the forearm stretched
- Now lift your left leg slowly to form a “V” shape
- After that, bring it slowly down
- Repeat it ten to fifteen time with the same leg and then change the side and carry out the whole process again.
Keep your legs and back straight while performing the exercise.
3. How to fix Hip dip with Squats?
Yes, squats not only increase your core strength but are one of the best workouts for how to get rid of Hip dips. It tones your butt, hips, and thigh muscles and efficiently fix the big hip dips.
How to do?
- Stand straight spreading out your feet slightly wider than your hips
- Lower down your torso, bending the knees as you are sitting on a chair and exhale slowly
- After that stand up lifting your torso and inhaling slowly
- Repeat it twelve times
- When on the last repetition, keep in the lower pose and pulse up and down at least twelve times
Keep your back straight during the exercise, and your toes should face the forward direction. Keep your hands folded in front of your chest, or you can hold a dumbbell too.
4. How to get rid of Hip Dips with Side Lunges?
Side lunges are another excellent hip dip exercise that works on your entire leg and define the buttocks and hips
How to do?
- Stand straight with feet placed underneath your hips
- Firm your feet in the ground and lower your butt bending your right leg while keeping your left leg straight.
- Press into both feet and then slowly uplift your back and stand up
- Bring your both feet together
- Repeat it twelve times for each side
You must keep your back straight while lowering it. Also, make sure that your toes point in the forward direction. You can hold a dumbbell in your hand.
5. How to cover Hip Dips with Donkey Kicks?
Get rid of hip dips with this wondrous exercise. It helps fill up the dents and provides a better shape.
How to do?
- Get down on all-fours with knees and elbows touching the ground
- Your forearms should stretch out with the palms flat on the ground
- Now lift your right leg keeping while keeping in the position
- After that, gently bring the leg down
- Repeat it at least ten times and then follow the same procedure for the other leg.
Keep your spine straight while lifting the legs.
6. How to fill hip dips with side-to-side squats?
A variation of the conventional squats, this exercise is great for fixing large hip dips. Know how to get rid of hip dips with it.
How to do?
- Stand with your feet close together
- Lower your body in the squat position
- After that, step your right foot towards the right
- Now move your left foot to meet the right foot
- And then extend the left foot and bring the right foot to meet it
- Repeat the exercise ten times for each side
Your butt should be low during the squats and whenever your feet meet, lower yourself more. You can move your torso slightly up while moving but do not come up all the way.
7. How to get rid of Hip dips with Side Curtsy Lunges?
It is an excellent pose for getting rid of hip dips. Do side curtsy lunges and clear the depression beneath your hip bone easily.
How to do?
- Stand straight with your feet together
- Now bring our right leg behind your left leg
- Drop your right knee towards the ground into a curtsy lunge
- Then bring your right foot back
- Repeat the procedure with the other leg
- Practice it fifteen times for each side.
Your front foot should always face in the forward direction. Also, keep low during the whole exercise. You can hold a dumbbell while doing it.
Other tips for getting rid of hip dips
It is when you do not feel good about yourself that you start getting affected by every little thing. Hence, it is necessary to take good care of yourself. It will help you feel good and aid you in concentrating better on getting rid of troubles like hip dips. Make the following healthy lifestyle changes for transforming yourself:
● Eat a balanced diet
A healthy diet improves your physical as well as mental well-being. Here are the foods that you must include or avoid for efficiently covering your hip dips.
What to eat?
- Get enough calories
- Add on healthy carbohydrates that provide you energy during the workouts
- Eat lean proteins that help in building muscle mass
- Also, include healthy fats and fiber
What to avoid?
Certain foods do not do any good to you; instead, they harm you in the long run. Hence, you must avoid them. These include:
- Processed food
● Drink plenty of water
Water is necessary to keep you hydrated. Also, it is an essential constituent of your blood and is needed to carry out all the body processes
● Include a variety of exercises
Besides, doing the hip dip exercises, you must also include other cardio exercises in your workout regime.
So, these were some of the efficient ways for how to get rid of hip dips. However, please note that these exercises like other workouts take time to give results. Hence, you need to be patient and positive. Persistent efforts will provide you with significant results, and you will see a visible difference in hip dips before and after faithfully following the workouts. To ensure that, you must plan a routine and stick to it.