As scary as they are, blackheads are one big issue for people to deal. It is astonishing how persistent and recurring they can get. However, you have got nothing to worry. Keep on scrolling to explore more on how to get rid of blackheads in eight excellent ways.
Before going any further, make sure to understand what blackheads are and what causes them.
What are Blackheads?
Blackheads refer to small bumps that you find on your skin due to the hair follicles getting clogged. These popping blackheads cause the surface of your skin to look dark or black. Blackheads are a mild kind of acne and may appear in many parts of your body. According to a survey, more than 50 million people in the United States of America face a blackheads skin disorder.
What are the Symptoms of Blackheads?
- Due to their dark color, you can easily spot them on your skin
- Blackheads have a mild rise above the skin
- Blackheads may result in pimples which may ultimately show signs of inflammation and redness
What causes Blackheads?
- Hormonal changes during teenage enhance oil production in the body which may lead to creating of blackheads
- Some people encounter blackheads during menstruation or when they are birth control pills
- Overconsumption of dairy products
- High blood sugar levels
- Exposure to certain drugs such as lithium, androgens, etc.
- Overproduction of oil in the body
- Irritation in the hair follicles when the dead skin cells of the body do not shed on a regular basis
- The accumulation of Propionibacterium acne bacteria on the surface of your skin
What are the risk Factors Associated with Blackheads?
- People with excessive oil secretion are more vulnerable to blackheads
- People who have diabetes have more imbalance in hormones and may have more blackheads issues
- Running on a menstrual cycle may cause blackheads
How to Get Rid of Blackheads with Natural Remedies?
1. How to clear Blackheads with Foods that Help?
Egg White Homemade Face Mask for Blackheads
Using a face mask for getting rid of blackheads is one of the easy ways to win against these persistent pop-ups. The egg white mask is most helpful for oil and combination skin and works well for blackheads on nose and others.
Benefits of egg white: Egg white face mask not only prevents the occurring of blackheads but protects your skin from getting excessively oily. It helps to remove the current blackheads and defenses your skin from encountering more. One of the critical ingredients in egg whites plays a vital role in tightening pores. Egg white mask has properties to make your skin glow. Here is how you can make it:
How to use?
- Mix one egg white and one teaspoon honey in a glass bowl
- Apply it on your face
- Allow it to dry for about fifteen minutes
- Wash it off with warm water
- Repeat the same twice a week for useful results
How to Prevent Blackheads with Turmeric and Mint Juice?
Turmeric has great antibacterial properties and is an excellent defender for your skin. It cures numerous skin related issue naturally and quickly. Turmeric gets recommended as one of the best healing agents.
Benefits of turmeric and mint juice: With its vital ingredient curcumin, turmeric is a potent antimicrobial which tends to reduce the activity of bacteria on the skin and replenishes their growth. It also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to enhance the health and texture of your skin further. Along with mint juice being a cooling agent, the combination is an excellent natural remedy for blackheads.
How to use?
- Take one tablespoon turmeric powder in a bowl
- Add two tablespoon mint juice to it
- Mix well to a make a paste
- Apply the paste to the affected areas of the skin
- You can apply it to all parts of your body
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water after it dries up
- Make sure you moisturized the area after washing
- Repeat the same once a week
Highly nutritious foods like as mentioned below works wonder to achieve skin radiance.
- Foods rich in carbs and less on fat
- Foods rich in vitamins A and C
Foods to avoid
These foods cause a disbalance in the natural oil content of the skin hence leading to blackheads and dull skin.
- Processed meat
- Oily foods
2. How to Cure Blackheads with Herbal Treatment?
Aloe Vera Gel is an Excellent Herbal Treatment for Blackheads
Aloe Vera gel control oil secretion of skin. It is an entirely natural treatment with no side effects and is suitable for all skin types.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe Vera gel is an incredible cleanser. It has antibacterial properties which reduce the growth of bacteria on the surface. It soothes any inflammation caused due to blackheads on the skin cleans the pores of your skin to make them free of any potent toxins or impurities.
How to use?
- Scoop out fresh Aloe Vera gel from the leak of Aloe Vera plant
- Apply the gel on your face
- Let it say for about ten minutes
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water
- Since Aloe Vera gel is quite soothing; you can continue the process on a daily basis
3. How to Remove Blackheads on the Chin with Essential oil?
Lavender Essential oil for Blackheads
If you are looking for how to get rid of blackheads, lavender oil is terrific. Lavender oil is an excellent essential oil which is quite harmless and has the least side effects. It is suitable for all skin types and has proven to show optimum results to remove blackheads.
Benefits of lavender essential oil: It reduces the sebum production on your skin and helps to decrease the proximity of your skin to have blackheads.
How to use?
- Wash your face with warm water
- Pat dry
- Massage a few drops of lavender oil on the skin in circular motions for 5 minutes
- Leave it on for 10 minutes
- Rinse your face with warm water again
- You can use as well another excellent essential oil to it which is the tea tree oil
- Continue the same twice a week
Other Essential oils for Blackheads Removal
- Lemon essential oil
- Clary sage essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Juniper berry essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
4. How to Prevent Blackheads with Home Remedies?
Apple Cider Vinegar is a Powerful Home Remedy for Blackheads
Apple cider vinegar is a potent essential for numerous skin issues. Accumulation of bacteria is one of the leading causes of big blackheads.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial properties which dismantle the build-up of bacteria causing blackheads and cleaning your pores. Brownie points on the easy availability and usage of apple cider vinegar for blackheads. It also works on reducing the inflammation if any on the skin due to blackheads.
How to use?
- Take one tablespoon apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Dip a cotton bowl in it
- Apply it on affected areas
- This method is helpful in working most for blackheads on legs and blackheads on the chest
- Rinse off with warm water
- You can also add apple cider vinegar in your bathing water to work on blackheads on back
- You can continue to do this every day for all skin types
How to Get Rid of Blackheads with Baking Soda?
Baking soda is an effective remedy to get rid of blackheads at home. It has impressive antibacterial properties which work to improve the bacteria formation on the skin and reduce the occurring of blackheads.
Benefits of baking soda
Baking soda for blackheads is an excellent exfoliator and clears up the clogged pores which in itself constitute a significant cause of blackheads.
How to use?
- Mix 2 tablespoon of water with one tablespoon baking soda to make a fine paste
- Apply it on the affected areas with a cotton bud or your fingertip
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
- To add to its effectiveness, you can add a few drops of lime juice to it
- Repeat this process each day for best results
5. How to Get Rid of Blackheads in the Ear with Natural Treatment?
A Saltwater Bath Helps
Perching on how to get rid of blackheads? Salt water is again an easy and quick remedy to get over with your blackheads.
Benefits of salt water: The granules of salt help to exfoliate the skin naturally and open up the clogged pores which is one of the significant reasons for causing blackheads. It works on making your skin free of the excessive oil secretion. The water works to hydrate your skin. Salt water also has antibacterial properties which reduce the accumulation of bacteria on the surface.
How to clear blackheads with salt water?
- Add water to one tablespoon of salt in a bowl
- Mix it well
- Apply it on your face or wash your face with salt water
- With light hands, rub the salt water on your face
- Do not be harsh with it as it may cause redness
- Wash your face with the same at least four times a day
- Use a good moisturizer after usage if you have dry skin
Bentonite clay Mask for Blackheads
Wondering how to get rid of blackheads with Bentonite? Well, it is another effective natural treatment for blackheads on face.
Benefits of bentonite clay mask: It absorbs the impurities on the skin and helps in the cleansing and unclogging of the pores of your skin. The clay mask makes your skin feel refreshed and calm. Regular application of bentonite clay mask helps you to get rid of blackheads from roots. It has antibacterial properties which refuse to entertain any accumulation of bacteria on the skin.
How to use?
- Take one tablespoon bentonite clay in a bowl
- Add water to it to make a medium consistency paste
- Apply the clay mask all over your face, back, legs, and other affected body parts
- Let it dry
- Rinse off with lukewarm water after it dries up
- Moisturize afterward
- Apply the mask twice a week for best results
- For sensitive skin, you can substitute water with milk
Blackheads are not the only issue your skin faces.
Along with it come a few other skin concerns. Their signs and causes may be different. Let’s understand the fundamental difference with conditions of skin relative to blackheads:
Sebaceous Filaments vs. Blackheads
Sebaceous filaments are a result of skin hair follicles getting lined up with sebaceous oil glands in the center of the face or nose. When you squeeze them from the pores, sebaceous filaments give out a yellow and white cylindric tubule which may be a result of bacteria, dead cells, lipids, and wax esters.
On the other hand, blackheads occur due to clogged pores which may be a compilation of dirt, cosmetics build up, dead skin cells, impurities, and sebum. The clogging may be a result of oxidization of melanin, debris, or bacteria. Blackheads are a mild kind of acne, whereas sebaceous filaments have no relation acne whatsoever.
Blackheads vs. Whiteheads
Both whiteheads and blackheads occur on the skin when a pore gets blocked with oils and dead skin cells. However, there lies a difference in their pores position. In whiteheads, the pores remain closed while in the case of blackheads, the pores are open and stretched on the surface of the skin and are exposed to oxidize and air.
Since you have a better understanding of blackheads now, it will be easier for you to work on getting rid of them. Fetch further for how to get rid of blackheads.
Other than these quick ways, for how to get rid of blackheads, there are many other home remedies to adopt which are quite simple do wonders for your skin.
Home Remedies to Steer Away from Blackheads
- Use a charcoal mask twice a week to pull off those blackheads from your skin and get clear pores
- Apply honey is an effective remedy to treat blackheads
- Sugar is a fantastic exfoliator to get rid of nose blackheads
- Toothpaste is a rich source of baking soda and has antibacterial properties as well
- Applying baking soda on the affected areas is an easy way out to get rid of blackheads
- Taking steam each day is quite helpful in making your skin free of toxins. It improves the blood circulation of the skin and opens up pores. However, it is essential to work out your skin with an exfoliator after steam to rub of the clog in the pores.
- Consume food times which are rich in vitamin C including apple, pineapple, papaya, etc.
- Green leafy vegetable help including turnip greens, spinach, and collards
- You can always give way to essential oils for any skin related issues. Here is a list of essential oils best for blackheads prevention and cure
- Use salicylic acid to wash your face every night
- Bring a skin brush into use for exfoliating your skin especially the center of your nose.
As simple and effective home remedies and natural remedies can be, there are some precautions one must keep in mind to reduce the chance of any potential risk for your skin and the side effects that some of you may encounter. Swipe up!
Precautions to Look for While Using Natural Remedies for Blackheads
- While using any face mask, make sure you take a patch test, especially for your face as the skin of your face is much more sensitive than any other body part.
- Before using essential oils, take a patch test on the back of your hand to make sure it does not sting
- Endure that you dilute the essential oils with a carrier oil
- Avoid food items like chocolates, avocado, eggs, nuts, ripe mangoes, etc.
- Cut back a little on dairy products and junk food
- Keep away from smoking and alcoholic drinks
- If any of the above remedies cause allergic reactions, discontinue their provision
- Avoid pore strips and extraction methods for blackheads
Side Effects to Stay Alert of While Using Natural Remedies for Blackheads
- Face masks sometimes cause excessive dryness of skin. Try to use moisturizer aftermath
- Avoid products which may cause allergic reactions including provided fruits and vegetables
For a valid result and long-run benefits, it is essential to continue the usage and application of all the above natural remedies consistency and regularly. Accurate use with exact precision is mandatory for a blackheads free skin. With these fantastic home remedies, you can bid your goodbyes to these persistent blackheads forever and prevent them from recurring again in future. Say hello to healthy skin with natural remedies for blackheads.