A dental cavity is the breakdown of tooth structure into tiny openings or holes caused by bacteria in our mouth. Cavities show mild symptoms in the beginning, but turn out to be severe when they are left untreated for a more extended period. Because these don’t cause cavity pain in the starting period, it can be hard to realize for many people that a problem does exist.
Before getting into details about how to get rid of a cavity, it was necessary to understand its meaning. As we now understand cavity, we should ponder over other issues. So how do you know if you have a cavity? If you have a toothache especially after you drink or eat something cold, sweet, or hot, there are high chances that you have a cavity. Now you must be wondering what does a cavity look like. If you have a cavity, you will see small holes or dark spots in your mouth when you have developed a cavity.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of a Cavity
What are the causes of cavity?
Some of the central cavity causes are:
- Bacteria in the mouth are natural, but when they accompany poor oral hygiene, it becomes an oral cavity
- Consumption of a high-sugar and starch diet is also a reason for cavity growth
What are the symptoms of cavity?
As the oral cavity gets intense, it may cause the below-mentioned cavity symptoms:
- A toothache
- Tooth sensitivity
- Sharp pain or drinking or eating something hot, cold, or sweet
- Visible holes in teeth
- Brown, black stains on any surface of a tooth
Types of cavities in the human body
In a general sense, a cavity is a space within a solid body. In our body, we have different types of cavities like:
Body cavity- It includes any fluid-filled space in a multicellular organism excluding vessels such as blood vessels and lymph vessels. Models of human body cavities are ventral cavity and the dorsal cavity.
The ventral cavity includes:
- Thoracic cavity present in heart, lungs
- Abdominal cavity present in digestive organs, kidneys
- Pelvic cavity present in the bladder, reproductive organs
The dorsal cavity includes:
- Cranial cavity present in the brain
- Vertebral canal present in spinal cord
- Nasal cavity rests inside your nose
- It is the inside part of the uterus
- Forms the central cavity of bone shafts which stores the red and yellow bone marrow
- It is an essential part of the shoulder located, on the lateral side of the scapula
How to get rid of a Cavity using Natural Treatments?
These are some fantastic methods which will teach you how to get rid of a cavity without cavity filling.
1. How to get rid of a cavity with the help of Foods?
Food can be an effective way to cure cavity in naturally and also to reduce cavity pain.
Dairy products, especially cheese, have shown positive results in promoting good oral health by restricting cavity and its growth.
An apple a day keeps the cavity away. This fact is true as the sweetness and acids present in apples stimulate saliva growth which lowers bacteria action in the mouth and helps you in how to get rid of a cavity.
Perhaps chewing gum is a prominent cause of cavity, but if you are eating a sugar-free gum, then you can fight with cavity growth. These gums contain Xylitol which is a natural sweetener that fights cavity-causing bacteria.
Milk has many benefits. One such advantage of milk on the human body is that it helps to increase pH level of our mouth which gets low upon consuming sugary foods and drinks. It further strengthens the teeth assisting in maintaining good oral health.
For all those who keep on finding reasons to drink alcoholic beverages, this article will bring a smile on their faces. Its good news for them as wine helps to fight bacteria that promote cavity build-up. After indulging yourself in a box full of sweets, if you drink a glass of wine, trust me, your tooth will remain healthy for a longer time.
2. How to get rid of a cavity through Herbal Treatment?
Certain herbs strengthen gum tissues, stabilize collagen, and helps on how to get rid of a cavity.
Chewing on a fresh stem of herbal trees will keep your oral health intact. Neem tree is considered to be a blessing for humankind. Neem has antibacterial and antifungal qualities, and that is why it is a popular herbal treatment to combat tooth decay. You can also use Licorice or Miswaak to avoid cavity in your mouth.
Herbal Tooth Powder
Ditching the modern toothpaste which is high in chemical content will be a good choice if you want to ensure a healthy tooth life. You can easily make your tooth powder or toothpaste on your own by using natural ingredients. Many notable toothpaste companies also have now come up with toothpaste made of neem powder or neem extract. So, if you don’t want to get into the making process, you can buy these natural tooth powders for how to get rid of a cavity naturally.
Amla is quite accessible to reduce plaque and thus ensures good oral health without any cavity build-up. It fosters healing and development of the connective tissues inside the mouth. You can use Amla capsules or can consume one or two grams of dried Amla powder to enjoy long-term benefits.
3. How to get rid of a cavity with the use of Essential Oils?
Essential Oils play a pivotal role in fighting the various problems of tooth decay including cavity and plaque. Some of these oils are:
Clove is amongst the best ingredients used for treating dental cavity or oral cavity. It is also widely used in the making of toothpaste, mouthwashes, and medicines. Essential constituents like calcium, hydrochloric acid, iron, phosphorus, vitamins A and C and a star compound ‘eugenol,’ make clove an anti-microbial ingredient. These properties make clove oil perfect for treating cavities, bleeding gums, toothache, and sore gum.
Tea Tree Oil
With its anti-inflammatory properties, tea tree oil is a powerful antiseptic that helps to slow down the growth of infection-causing bacteria in the mouth.
Cinnamon Oil is very effective against all sorts of microorganisms which lead to gum decay and tooth infections like cavities. It also provides relief from pain.
Peppermint oil has strong antiseptic properties. Moreover, this oil displays a cooling effect which brings down the severity of inflammation and helps you with how to get rid of a cavity.
How to use
- Coconut oil one tsp
- Clove oil four drops
- Cinnamon Oil three drops
- Mix all the oils and apply one to two drops of the mixture on the cavity
- Don’t swallow your saliva for a few minutes to ensure good results
- Three pieces of two inches of ginger root
- Three cups of water
- Five drops of tea tree oil
- Four drops of spearmint oil
- Heat three cups of water over a flame
- Add the ginger slices to the water after peeling them
- Don’t turn off the flame until the water turns half of its original volume
- Strain out the ginger pieces after you get the desired volume of water
- Once the water is at room temperature add the essential oils and mix well
- Use this as mouthwash, holding it for some time so that the affected area gets submerged in it
4. How to Treat Cavity with Home Remedies?
Home remedies on how to get rid of a cavity are as follows:
Vitamin D is effective in treating dental health by absorbing calcium and phosphate from food items.
Garlic can be included in your diet to facilitate good oral health. Its rich antibacterial properties works wonder as a painkiller.
This method involves rinsing of mouth with vegetable oils like olive oil or coconut oil for 5-10 minutes. This process pulls the bacteria out of your mouth and helps in fighting against cavity.
The presence of Vitamin C in lemon helps to kill bacteria present in the mouth and also provides relief from cavity pain.
Precautions to be undertaken to prevent cavity
- Regular brushing twice a day is the best remedy to avoid a cavity
- Use fluoride-based mouthwash after brushing to rinse your mouth clean from food particles
- Visit your doctor for a regular dental checkup
- Drinking regular water as much as possible to restrain cavity development
- Eating healthy food is good for oral health. Add fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, etc. to your diet
- A tooth cavity is a complex problem and should be taken into consideration seriously. If it is left untreated, it can result in severe tooth pain and deepening of tooth holes leading to infection in the body as well
Our teeth are an indispensable part of our body. Everybody loves to spread a smile, but for some, this is like a painful experience. If you are aware of the importance of oral health, then cavity can never be a problem for you. Even if you get a cavity, then don’t panic!!! Follow the above mentioned natural treatments on how to get rid of a cavity and consult a good dentist to find a cure soon.