A painful lesion in your stomach is known as gastric or stomach ulcer. It develops on the stomach lining or on the upper parts of the intestine and its causes are numerous.
Excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs, painkillers, physical injuries and even radiation therapy can lead to erosion of stomach lining and development of sore lesions. Wondering how to get rid of ulcers?
Elucidated below are a few simple procedures of stomach ulcer treatment at home
1. Chilled Milk and Almonds:
This is one of the best amongst the home remedies for ulcers. Almonds are very rich in essential oils and nutrients and help to boost immunity as well.
- Soak a handful of almonds in a cup o
- f water overnight.
- Peel the softened almonds in the next morning and grind them into a smooth paste.
- Take a cup of chilled milk and add the almond paste to it.
- You may sweeten it with a teaspoon of honey.
- Your almond milk is ready.
Drink this on an empty stomach every morning to cure the ulcer.
2. Carrots and Cabbages:
Cabbage helps to fortify the lining of your stomach by establishing a smooth flow of blood to it. It produces an amino acid that stimulates the supply of blood. Cabbage is packed with Vitamin C that heals stomach infections and Vitamin U that is a beneficial anti-peptic.
- Take half a cabbage and two carrots.
- Chop the veggies into small pieces and extract the juice by blending the pieces in a fruit blender.
- Pour out this juice into a glass.
- Drink half a cup of this before every meal and before going to bed.
- Do this daily for a couple of weeks and the ulcer will heal.
3. Warm Water and Cayenne Pepper:
Cayenne pepper and warm water, with its magical medicinal properties, are highly beneficial home remedies for stomach ulcers.
- Take half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and add it to a glass of lukewarm water.
- Stir this well.
- Drink this thrice a day for two to three days in a row.
Increase the quantity of the cayenne pepper by half a teaspoon for preparing the next few drinks and the ulcer will heal within a week or so.
4. Milk, Honey, and Bananas:
Bananas inhibit the development of gastric ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori. Its antibacterial properties make it highly effective in healing ulcers. Bananas dissolve the excessive acidity in the stomach and cure the inflammation of the intestinal lining.
- Peel two to three bananas and chop them into small pieces.
- Dry up these pieces in the sun and then grind the dried bananas into powder.
- Take a tablespoon of honey and add it to two tablespoons of powdered banana.
- Take this mixture thrice a day for about a week to cure sore lesions in the stomach.
You can even have banana milkshake which is equally beneficial for healing ulcers.
Coconut is loaded with antibacterial and anti-ulcer properties which make it highly effectual in curing cancer.
- Drink cool and fresh coconut water daily.
- Eat its tender kernel and the ulcer will heal in a week or so.
- You can also have a tablespoon of raw coconut oil twice a day daily for a week to cure the sore gastric ulcer.
6. Honey, Water and Fenugreek:
Fenugreek is a powerful healer of gastric ulcer. It coats the stomach lining with mucus and accelerates the healing process.
- Take a bowl and add two cups of water to it.
- Add a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds(1) to the water.
- Boil this mixture.
- Strain out the liquid and add a teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink this twice a day for a week to heal the ulcer.
7. Brown Rice, Water and Licorice:
How to get rid of stomach ulcers with food? Well, the answer is brown rice. A combination of licorice, water and brown rice helps to soothe the inner lining of stomach.
- Take half a teaspoon of licorice powder and mix it with a cup of water.
- Keep this aside for the night.
- In the next morning add a cup of steamed brown rice(2) to the licorice water.
- Eat this daily for about a week.
- Drink tea infused with licorice powder(3) thrice a day for a week.
Honey contains an enzyme known as glucose oxidase that produces hydrogen peroxide in the stomach. This peroxide kills the ulcer bacteria(4) and cures the inflammation of the stomach lining quite effectively.
- Eat two tablespoons of raw honey on an empty stomach daily for a week.
- This will maintain regularity of bowel movement, strengthen the stomach lining and heal gastric ulcers.
9. Water and Elm:
The innermost bark of the elm tree contains large amount of mucilage that soothes and relieves pain and inflammation in the stomach. It also helps to get rid of excess belly fat.
- Grind the innermost bark of the elm tree into a fine powder.
- Mix a teaspoon of elm bark powder into a cup of lukewarm water.
- Drink this immediately, thrice a day for a week.
10. Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera does away with acidity and inflammation of stomach lining.
- Take a tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel(5) and add it to a glass of warm water.
- Mix well till the gel gets evenly dissolved.
- Drink this once or twice a day for a week and the ulcer will get healed.
11. Water and Garlic:
The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties(6) of garlic help to resist the bacterial action of Helicobacter pylori.
- Take two to three cloves of garlic and crush them into tiny pieces.
- Take this crushed garlic along with water on a daily basis for a week or two and the ulcer will get cured.
12. Yoghurt and Drumstick Leaves:
- Take a few drumstick leaves and crush them to make a smooth paste.
- Add a tablespoon of yoghurt(7) to the paste.
- Eat the mixture on an empty stomach daily for a week for the ulcer to get cured.
13. Water, Baking Soda and Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar has multiple medicinal properties. It also helps to cure internal and external pain and inflammation. Its combination with baking soda helps a great deal to cure stomach ulcer.
- Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and dissolve it in two cups of warm water.
- Add a pinch of baking soda(8) to the water and stir well for even dissolution.
- Drink this immediately and repeat daily for a week or so to cure the sore lesion in your stomach.
Drink plenty of water every day to cure gastric ulcer. The acidity of gastric ulcer which corrodes the intestinal and stomach lining can only be effectively neutralized with water.
Drink eight to ten glasses of water daily to cure the gastric ulcer.
15. Leaves of Wood Apple:
Leaves of a wood apple contain tannin, a biochemical that helps to protect the stomach lining from getting eroded by the excessive secretion of gastric acid. The juice of wood apple fruit reduces the inflammation and pain of stomach ulcer to a great extent.
- Take two to three leaves of wood apple and soak them in a cup of water for a night.
- Strain out the water and drink it on an empty stomach the next morning.
- Do this daily for a few weeks or more for the ulcer to cure and the stomach lining to heal.
16. Red Clover Tea:
Avoid milk tea and take red clover tea instead, for curing gastric ulcers. The tea keeps the digestive tract clean and inhibits the growth harmful ulcer bacteria.
- Boil a cup of water and add a few leaves of red clover to it.
- Let the mixture simmer down for about ten minutes.
- Drink this before going to bed every day for a week for the best results.
Cucumber is the most effective natural cleanser and cooler of the stomach. Cucumbers aid digestion and relieve the patient of ulcer and acidity.
- Eat two to three raw and fresh cucumbers every day.
- Or you can blend the cucumbers to a pulp and extract the juice.
- Refrigerate the juice and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning.
Any part of the dandelion herb, especially its roots, can be used for effective treatment of gastric ulcers.
- You can either have a dandelion salad every day
- Or steam the greens and eat them.
- Follow this remedy for two to four weeks and the ulcer will heal.
19. Milk and Castor Oil:
Another very beneficial amongst the natural remedies for ulcer is milk and castor oil(9). Castor oil has lubrication properties and is good for hair growth as well.
- Add two to three drops of castor oil to a cup of milk and mix the solution thoroughly.
- Drink this once a day for a couple of weeks or more for the sore lesions to heal.
20. Indian Gooseberries:
Also known as Amla, gooseberries are highly effectual in relieving the inflammation and pain of gastric ulcers.
- Drink about 25ml of gooseberry juice(10) every morning on an empty stomach.
- The ulcer will heal within a week.
What should you eat if you are suffering from a gastric ulcer?
A proper peptic ulcer diet consists of fresh fruits and vegetables, probiotics like yogurt, miso, kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut, and kimchi. Sweeten your stomach ulcer diet with raw and fresh honey and licorice.
Take green tea, red clover tea, and dandelion tea. Drink water in abundance and milk with turmeric(11) every night to treat your ulcer. The worst foods for ulcers include spicy junk food, coffee, alcohol, chocolates and anything that induces acid reflux and a burning sensation in the esophagus. Avoid these at all costs and the healing process will accelerate.