Waking up to dry and frizzy hair is the most frustrating or annoying thing in the universe, especially for women with curly hair. Spending hours to dress your hair up only to watch it turn into a debacle is a miserable story that most of you go through regularly.
Frizzy hair is caused due to humidity, hair damage, or genetics. How do you get rid of this tragedy? Well, a little extra attention and care are all it takes to have beautiful, silky smooth hair.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, nearly 80 million women and men go through hereditary hair loss(1). Excessive hair fall can be another significant reason for frizzy hair. Conditioning and moisturizing your hair can instantly rid you from frizzy hair irrespective of the cause. Here are some effective home remedies for frizzy hair.
Did You Know!
Home Remedies For Frizzy Hair
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is the best home remedy for frizzy hair. It is a natural conditioner that nourishes the hair from root to tip. Coconut oil keeps frizzy hair away by restoring the balance of natural oils. It stimulates the hair protein and adds shine and moisture to the hair. It acts as a layer of protection towards harmful rays and pollutants.
- Apply coconut oil on the tip of your hair, then a little on the middle part and very little on the scalp. Do this one or two hours before taking a shower.
- You can also use coconut oil to apply it over the conditioner. It will help your hair absorb the conditioner even better. Wait for 15 minutes to an hour and then rinse your hair.
- For people with thick hair, apply a little amount of coconut oil over the hair conditioner after a hair shower. It will help the hair trap the moisture throughout the day.
- To instantly rid from frizzy hair, run the tip of your fingers in coconut oil, and tap on your hair that looks frizzy. It will immediately calm the roughness in your hair and add shine.
Coconut oil for frizzy hair can be used regularly. It is only a myth that regular hair wash makes the hair more frizzy. On the contrary, it makes the hair more nourished.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has been used as an herbal remedy for various beauty and health benefits since ancient times. It strengthens your hair and provides shine. Aloe Vera also stimulates hair growth and acts as a protective layer towards harmful chemicals. The properties of Aloe Vera help restore the pH balance of the hair which alleviates frizzy hair.
- Aloe Vera is an excellent substitute for the conditioner. Apply the gel extract from the herb and apply it on your hair. Leave for 30-40 minutes and rinse it off.
- You can also try Aloe Vera and egg – one of the best hair masks for frizzy hair. Mix Aloe Vera with egg yolk, coconut oil, and olive oil. Nourish your scalp and hair by applying the paste. After an hour, rinse the mask off with cold water after an hour.
- You can also try various Aloe Vera hair masks; onion juice and Aloe Vera gel, Aloe Vera gel, shampoo, and lime juice.
Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedy for dry and frizzy hair. You can use this herbal remedy every day. You can consider doing this at least twice a week — Switch Aloe Vera hair products instead of your regular hair products.
The avocado hair mask is considered as one of the effective home remedies for dry and frizzy hair. Avocado contains protein and natural oils that result in moisturized smooth hair. Avocado helps restore dull hair and damaged locks to silky, shiny hair. Fatty acids present in avocado helps retain the moisture. The vitamins nourish the hair and scalp, combat damaged hair and unclog the hair follicles.
- Apply the mask of mashed avocado and coconut oil. It helps restore all the hair damages and minimizes the moisture loss. Leave the mask for 20-30 minutes and rinse your hair.
- You can also prepare a mask of whipped avocado, raw honey, olive oil, and essential oils. Leave the mask for about 30 to 40 minutes and rinse it off. Different ingredients perform different functions. All in all, they work well in combating frizzy hair.
Use the mask at least once a week until you notice the changes. Apart from these masks consider applying oil to your hair.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a cure-all remedy that contains several health and beauty benefits. The acidity of the vinegar helps smooth the hair. Apple cider vinegar performs various functions due to its multiple properties. It helps maintain and balance the pH level of the hair and scalp and restores the pH levels of the scalp. The vinegar also hydrates the curly and dry hair.
- You can regularly rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar solution. Take adequate water, mix apple cider vinegar, and essential oils and rinse with the solution.
- You can mix apple cider vinegar and water and pour the solution into a spray bottle. You can use the solution as natural hair spray.
Apple cider vinegar is considered as one of the ideal home remedies for frizzy hair. Excessive usage of vinegar regularly can bring more damage to your hair. Consider diluting the vinegar before use. You can use the diluted solution every day as a quick fix to frizzy hair.
Banana is a highly consumed fruit. It is rich in natural oils, potassium, and vitamins. Homemade banana hair mask not only treats frizzy hair but also combats split ends and other hair damages. Banana naturally moisturizes the hair with natural oils. Banana is also the most available home remedy available.
- Blend around two bananas along with honey, coconut oil, and olive oil. Prepare a paste and apply it onto your hair and scalp. Leave for 5 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Blend half a banana with half avocado fruit. Add coconut milk and two tablespoons of coconut oil and olive oil. Prepare the mixture, apply, and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Add two tablespoon of yogurt, milk, and honey with three mashed bananas. Prepare a paste and apply the hair mask. Leave for an hour and rinse it off.
For desired results, consider applying hair masks at least once a week.
Maintaining hair these days has become a daunting task. But why pay a hefty amount in the saloon when you can naturally rid yourself of frizzy hair and various other hair problems with simple remedies prepared at home. Use these home remedies for frizzy hair, let the hair spa begin at home!
The results of these remedies are 100% assured…well…almost! So, say goodbye to frizzy, dry and rough hair! Try these authentic remedies at home. No more dry hair, flaunt only silky smooth, shiny hair.
1. What diet should you follow for healthy hair?
Nutrition plays a prominent role in maintaining the overall health of the body. Each hair strand is made out of cells, and these cells contain keratin protein. Here are some protein-rich food sources that you need to teach in your daily diet to have healthy hair.
- Protein-rich eggs
- Iron-rich dark leafy greens like spinach
- Vitamin-rich citrus fruit
- Nuts and seeds rich in omega-3 fatty acid
- Whole grains
2. What are the other home remedies for frizzy hair?
Several natural home remedies can help you fight dryness, moisture imbalance, chemical damages, frizzy hair, dandruff, hair loss, and other hair problems. Here are some effective home remedies for frizzy hair:
- Almond oil and eggs
- Avocado and yogurt
- Mayo-Almond mix
- Coconut milk
- Honey and yogurt
- Lemon juice and honey