Do you feel embarrassed about your stretch marks and don’t know how to get rid of them? While stretch marks usually occur in the region of thighs, breasts, and hips in women due to specific reasons like rapid body growths, getting overweight, and pregnancies and so on, they do not let them wear their desired outfits as one could easily see the bad stretch marks through the dresses.
However, now with the advancements in aromatherapy, we can learn how to fade them by using essential oils for stretch marks(1). These not only help in effectively removing the pregnancy stretch marks but also help in getting rid of stretch marks on stomach, thighs, and back.
Recommended Read: Best Diet plans for Weight Loss
Meaning, Types, and causes
Stretch marks are the long, narrow streaks or stripes that develop on the skin especially near the stomach, thigh and back region.
Types based on the colors
- Red or reddish-purple stretch marks: They are fresh ones and when we take steps to shroud the scars of the red stretch marks. They would, more likely, respond to them.
- White stretch marks: They form as a second stage to the red stretch marks. White marks are tears on the body. They can appear anywhere in our body.
- Types based on the location: Stretch marks can emerge at almost any parts of the body that mainly includes breasts, arms, and thighs etc.
There are several causes for the formation of the bad stretch marks like-
- Weight gains
What essential oils are good for Stretch Marks?
Essential oils for stretch marks are taken from the bark, different leaves, roots, flowers of the plant to prepare effective home remedies for convenient stretch marks removal.
While there are a plethora of essential oils for stretch marks from the body, but still one must make use of the right essential oils for stretch marks to get the best results, this will lead to the eradication of stretch marks from their roots and would significantly help in making your skin glow and nourished.
How to use Essential Oils for Stretch Marks?
Listed below are top 10 essential oils for stretch marks which are extremely beneficial to get rid of stretch marks.
1. Myrrh oil for stretch marks
Why one should use myrrh oil for stretch marks?
The myrrh oil(2) has properties that can tighten the skin wherever applied. It is also known to maintain good blood circulation through the body to prevent sagging of skin.
How to use myrrh oil for stretch marks?
- Take a few drops of the oil.
- Massage it on the affected area.
Read More: Health Benefits of Myrrh Essential Oil
2. Geranium for stretch marks
Why one should use geranium for stretch marks?
Geranium oil(3) is known to tighten skin and improve elasticity. It also mends elastin and collagen fibers aiding in the treatment of stretch marks.
How to use geranium for stretch marks?
- Take a few drops of the oil
- Massage the oil gently in the affected regions.
3. Neroli oil for Stretch Marks
Why one should use neroli oil for stretch marks?
The neroli oil is widely recommended oil for treatment of stretch marks as it has regenerative and anti-scarring properties that reduce the appearance of the marks.
How to use neroli oil for stretch marks?
- Take a few drops of the oil
- Apply it on the affected areas and massage for better results.
4. Patchouli oil for Stretch Marks
Why one should use patchouli oil for stretch marks?
The patchouli oil(4) has similar properties as neroli oil. It can regenerate, grow and repair damaged skin cells.
How to use patchouli oil for stretch marks?
- Take a few drops of the oil
- Gently massage over the affected area
5. Helichrysum oil for Stretch Marks
Why one should use Helichrysum oil for stretch marks?
The helichrysum oil is widely used as it known to repair damaged cells and regenerate new cells. Hence, it is effective for treating stretch marks.
How to use the Helichrysum oil?
- Take few drops of the oil and gently massage over the affected area
- The oil can be mixed with other carrier oils for various benefits as well
6. Lavender oil for stretch marks
Why one should use lavender oil for stretch marks?
Lavender essential oil has a fantastic scent that triggers soothing to the mind, and it is popularly used for its fragrance. It also plays an effective role in reducing the appearance of stretch marks on your stomach, thighs, back, arms and so on.
How to use lavender oil for stretch marks?
- It has the scent which soothes the brain and hence it can be used directly without any dilution.
- Cup your hand and take a few drops of oil and mix it with the dilution. It would work.
- Again, give high preferences to the stretches in your body.
Read More: Lavender Oil Health Benefits
7. Frankincense oil for stretch marks
Why one should use frankincense oil for body stretches?
Frankincense(5) clears the skin and makes the skin glow. It is an anti-aging agent and helps you in stretch marks removal too. It tightens your body and makes you look younger and has an immense impact on the stretch marks on back.
How to use frankincense oil for stretch marks?
- Take a few drops according to your usage and apply them all over the affected area.
- Give a little more pressure on the side of the body where stretches are prominent.
Read More: Health Benefits of Frankincense Oil
8. Grape seed oil for stretch marks
Why one should use grape seed oil for stretch marks?
The grade seed oil is an antioxidant that prevents skin infections and conditions. It is also known to regenerate damaged cells and reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
How to use grapeseed oil for skin stretching?
- The oil can be applied directly over the affected area and given a message
9. Bitter almond oil for stretch marks
Why one should use bitter almond oil for stretch marks?
The bitter almond oil(6) is rich in antioxidant which prevents stretch marks from spreading further. It is also rich in vitamin E which makes the skin glow. Hence, the oil is known to stop the growth of stretch marks.
How to use the bitter almond for stretch marks?
- Take a few drops of oil and apply it over the affected area.
10. Pomegranate Oil for Stretch Marks
Why one should use Pomegranate Oil for stretch marks?
Pomegranate Oil is extracted from Pomegranate Seeds and has excellent anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which plays an important role in enhancing skin elasticity, thickness, and hydration, thereby helping in getting rid of stretch marks.
How to use Pomegranate Oil for stretch marks?
- Take a few drops of the pomegranate oil.
- Mix with a carrier oil like coconut oil.
- Now, massage gently over the affected area.
Other Oils That Can Be Used to Treat Stretch Marks
In addition to the essential oils for stretch marks mentioned above, you can also use the below-mentioned oils which offer excellent results.
1. Rosehip oil for stretch marks
Why one should use rosehip oil for stretch marks?
Rosehip essential oil is good for its soothing nature. It relaxes our body. Make our cells regenerate. And of course, it has fatty acids that tend to help it in clearing our skin and washing our skin clean. It is used to help shroud those scars and wrinkles. And it is a dry oil which interlinks with the treatment of bad stretch marks(7).
How to use rosehip oil for skin stretching?
- It can be used directly on the skin, it smoothens the skin and makes it glow.
- Massage yourself with your bare hands or clothes.
- Though it is dry oil, it can be mixed with the other oils like lavender oil.
- Give assurance to yourself that every part of your body is not left uncovered by the oil.
Also Read: Natural Ways to Get Rid of Wrinkles
2. Coconut oil for stretch marks
Why one should use coconut oil for stretch marks?
It won’t take a genius to know that coconut oil(8) is good to massage oil. And we, people, use it on our daily basis in our routine, mundane life. Verily, it is convenient for anyone to use it anywhere. And as a brownie point, coconut oil is very well used for bad stretch marks. To our benefits, its results are so good that you would recommend it to everyone.
How to use coconut oil for stretch marks?
- Rub the coconut oil on the places where you have stretch marks.
- Make sure to spread them gently over the spaces.
- Massage them to give them effect.
- Since they are friendly to all types of skin, we can apply them directly to the surface. No worries needed.
3. Argan oil for Stretch Marks
Why one should use argan oil for stretch marks?
If any question arises asking about the best oil to get rid of stretch marks, it won’t take a beat of a second to answer. Of course, it is argan oil. Argan oil is well known for its ability to recover from stretch marking; this reaches the level of healing, that even for ‘C- Section’, it is being used. And it is the best for removing pregnancy stretch marks(9).
How to use Argan oil for stretch marks?
- The popular argan oil is a natural product hence there aren’t any chances of getting injured.
- It applies to the spots of the body where the action is required.
- Since it contains Vitamin E, it renders the help for the elasticity of the skin and stretching. Getting back its original stretch of the body.
- It can be spread on the stretched parts of the abdomen of the pregnant women for better skin development.
Side effects, risks, and precaution
Side effects and risks
Since human bodies vary from each other, people should be aware that it might cause side effects to some people. Side effects include itching, sneezing, change in skin tone and the list goes on.
Prevention is better than cure, don’t you agree? So, before you put yourself at stake, make sure you don’t go wrong in anyway. Take a small cloth and dab the oil on the smaller part of the skin before going to the larger ones.
Other Home Remedies
- Effective Sugar Scrubs: It can be used on your body and when mixed with lemon juice, it would give a glow to your skin. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
- Aloe Vera Treatment: It is known for its properties of giving softness to the skin. Try these techniques for better use.
- Coconut Oil Treatment: Many of the skin glow generally uses it, and hence it would help to fade your stretches away.
Also Read: Natural Ways to Get Rid of Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are considered disgusting and embarrassing by some people. Hence, people fall for something that promises quick remedy and trap themselves in the wrong path. It leads them to suffer a lot.
So, beware of what you let your body consumes and make goods out of it. Using natural home remedies and the best essential oils for stretch marks is beneficial. So, consume them with precaution and make those stretches to run away.
1. Will my stretch marks fade away forever?
Response: Stretch marks happen due to natural circumstances such as sudden weight loss and weight gain, pregnancy, so and so. Hence the above remedies and ingredients would lead you to the extreme level of curing yourselves of stretch marks, but it won’t remove completely.
2. Stretch marks would harm me sooner or later. Is that true?
Response: Nope. Stretch marks are harmless; they won’t hurt you in any way. But stretches happen due to the tears on the skin. That doesn’t signify the meaning of hurting you. Though taking steps to hide it is in our hands.